update-51 lbs now in 4 weeks

Options

Replies

• Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    rcookenc wrote: »
    went to bariatric clinic this morning. I have now lost 51 lbs in just 4 weeks and weigh in at 496. This is the first time in over 6 years since I have been under 500. I told them I wanted to delay the surgery for now and try to lose on my own and they said that was fine. Today was my second visit with them and today was supposed to be where they look over my food logs and tell me what I am doing right and wrong and give suggestions. She said I was doing an excellent job and keep up with what I am doing. I go back in 5 weeks. I am so happy. :smiley: I am making a goal of loosing 100 lbs total by Feb. 1. So come on guys, if I can do it-you can do it too.

Go you! Whoopie! Really happy for you - adding you as a friend now. Good luck with everything. Lets do this !!!! xx
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Good for you doing it naturally without surgery. It should always be a last resort.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is so awesome! You rock!!!
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You are killing it men!!!! excellent job.....
  • rcookenc
    Options
    DarbiB wrote: »
    Your progress is inspiring! I can't wait to see your ultimate success.

You remind me a lot of my dad, actually (although he is older than you). When I go home for thanksgiving, I want to show him your posts and hopefully the inspiration you have given to us, can rub off a little on him.

I know it's incredibally difficult and he's been on the weight loss cycle before (at least 2x in my life), but I guess I want him to know that I've not given up hope for him.

ANYWAYS. Best of luck to you rcookenc, keep up the excellent work!

Best of luck to you and your dad. I know you wont give up on him, you just have to convince him to not give up on himself. Believe me, if I can do it-anyone can.
  • rcookenc
    Options
    Thanks guys for the support and kind words. I really appreciate it.
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is so great. Congrats and keep it up – I hope that you won't need the surgery! :)
  • Jen_1964
    Jen_1964 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, keep up the great work. I will be watching for updates!
  • Tonynorman52
    Tonynorman52 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job. I know you are going to really enjoy this journey. Thanks for posting.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ho man you will be posting sexy pants pics soon-you are doing great and such inspiration-thanks!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment!
  • 4BillsNoMore
    Options
    that is a MAJOR success my friend! you inspire me!!! Just think all the awesome clothes you'll be able to use the surgery money to buy when you're svelte!!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your ongoing progress. Amazing and very inspirational. Keep the momentum.
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    right on!!!!
  • hippo421
    hippo421 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Keep it up and maybe you won't need surgery after all! Best of success to you on your journey ahead!
  • mindybachitt
    Options
    nice job!!! that's amazing!!!! you can do it!
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you. are. awesome!!!!

what an amazing job!

I too am glad you have waited on the surgery. It makes me sad so many people seem to just jump into it, it seems such a permanent fix to a temporary problem. I know it takes a lot of mental work to get out of being morbidly obese but it's not like there is not a ton of mental work that has to go into permanent success with the surgery as well. At least without the surgery you can eat a cookie without barfing. And at morbidly obese one can eat SO MANY CALORIES and still lose weight. To resign yourself to the lifetime consequences of the surgery and what it does to eating just makes me sad.

My husband has been where you will find yourself in the not too distant future and he has been losing at a good clip while still enjoying all kinds of wonderful foods and cooking and etc. He still gets to eat ice cream and all kinds of things without having to worry about horrors like dumping syndrome.

I guess for some people it is a last resort as I guess they can't lose other than to eat 800 calories a day or whatever those surgeries leave you at, but it seems like doctors are willing to do it too quickly for some. I figure I can eat 800 calories a day without having myself hacked up and not being able to eat a cookie now and again (and yes, I am at the size where I see many people getting surgery, or at least I certainly started there. And I eat way more than that I'm just saying seems I'd much rather VLCD on it's own without the surgery were that a necessity).

Sorry I am rambling, I am just so happy to see someone make the connection that if they can have such success on the pre-op diet it might be worth continuing to see if they can just keep going the way they are already having success. You are an inspiration for sure!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!