Need ideas low carb high protein meals/snacks

Options
has anyone got any ideas of low carb high protein meals and snacks?

Replies

• SpencerR
    SpencerR Posts: 37
    Options
    I alway eat a can of tuna once a day for a snack. Its 100 calories a can, 200g's of protein and 0g's of carbs...... Then I eat a protein bar (not sure of the carbs in it). Protein Shakes are the way to go though if u need extra protein. I drink one of those a day 2
  • cataplexyfever
    Options
    Snacks...
    Almonds, Walnuts, Pistachios, Peanuts
    Cottage Cheese, String Cheese
    Hardboiled Eggs
    Greek Yogurt

Meals...
    Pretty much any lean meat on a salad or with a plate of veggies will be low carb
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    Cottage Cheese, Unsweetened Greek Yogurt, Peanut butter, Atkins bars or shakes (I live on those), Homemade chicken or tuna salad.....Egg salad made with 1 whole egg and 3 additional whites.....

Go to the Atkins website...there is tons there!!!!! TONS.... LOL

Good Luck!! :)
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    bump
  • patklotz
    patklotz Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Emma:

High protein meals such as cottage cheese, fish or chicken work very well. You can add fruit such as strawberries or blue berries to cottage cheese for more flavour. If you like hummus , it is great on Wasa crackers or Ryvita . They are also a good source of fibre. I believe popcorn is a fairly low carb snack.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Are you low carbing? Looking for others who are. I am doing the Dukan diet.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Actually, today, I am trying something new. A low cal, low carb spicy guacamole chicken wrap.

1 Ole Extreme Wellness Spinach and Herb Tortilla (only 5g carbs and 12g fiber!)
    1 filet of Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken Breast (cubed and cooked, seasoned to taste)
    2 Tbsp Guacamole (spicy or mild)

266 calories
    8g fat
    8g carbs
    13g fiber
    40g protein
    419mg sodium

YUM!!!
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Actually, today, I am trying something new. A low cal, low carb spicy guacamole chicken wrap.

1 Ole Extreme Wellness Spinach and Herb Tortilla (only 5g carbs and 12g fiber!)
    1 filet of Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken Breast (cubed and cooked, seasoned to taste)
    2 Tbsp Guacamole (spicy or mild)

266 calories
    8g fat
    8g carbs
    13g fiber
    40g protein
    419mg sodium

YUM!!!

That sounds awesome lol...a little bit of baby spinach and some mozarella...oh wow =D..