Heart Attack Grill

Options
lorib642
lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
edited November 2014 in Food and Nutrition
We are going to Vegas soon. We are going to skip the Heart Attack Grill. Too busy and have other places we would rather go.

It is a theme restaurant. Maybe a different experience.

Have you, would you go to a restaurant that is geared to high calorie options?

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/heart-attack-grill-menu.html

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Of course I would, it's one meal. Would I eat there all the time no, but to try it most definitely.
    I'd be ordering the maple bacon shake, and have to try one of their burgers with lots of bacon. I probably have to get the IV pole of wine :)

Why wouldn't you go to a restaurant just because it's high calorie??
  • lorib642
    Options
    Of course I would, it's one meal. Would I eat there all the time no, but to try it most definitely.
    I'd be ordering the maple bacon shake, and have to try one of their burgers with lots of bacon. I probably have to get the IV pole of wine :)

Some people like having low calorie options. My husband thought it looked horrible and I thought it looked like it could be fun. I am sure i would go way over my calories for the day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    We didn't go in when we were there, next time though it's top on the list to go!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

Some people like having low calorie options. My husband thought it looked horrible and I thought it looked like it could be fun. I am sure i would go way over my calories for the day.

Yes I know they do, but life & decisions should not always revolve around calories. The occasional high calorie meal is not going to ruin anything.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't care about the quality (or not) of the food - I wouldn't go simply because of the humiliation factor. I've seen them weigh people on their scales and anyone over a certain weight (I think it's 325+, not sure) "eats for free". People stand at the windows outside and point and laugh. I think it's absolutely horrible.

My personal opinion, of course, but I don't choose to support a business model that makes its money off of shaming and degradation of others. (shrug)

• lorib642
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

Yes I know they do, but life & decisions should not always revolve around calories. The occasional high calorie meal is not going to ruin anything.

Thank you, I think I need to be reminded of that. One meal isn't going to ruin everything
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Cathalain wrote: »
    I don't care about the quality (or not) of the food - I wouldn't go simply because of the humiliation factor. I've seen them weigh people on their scales and anyone over a certain weight (I think it's 325+, not sure) "eats for free". People stand at the windows outside and point and laugh. I think it's absolutely horrible.

My personal opinion, of course, but I don't choose to support a business model that makes its money off of shaming and degradation of others. (shrug)

The people that eat for free are over 350 lbs and they made a choice to go in, get weighed and eat for free? No one forced them to go in and do this
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Perhaps not, but I still choose not to contribute to that business model. Your mileage may vary. (again, shrug)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Yeah there's a massive set of scales out front... If fattys want free food then why not!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Wow. I checked out the menu and was disgusted. Not so much by the food items, altho the chili really looked gross, but the place looks more like a brothel than a restaurant. Guess I shouldn't be surprised since it is in Vegas.

As for the calorie level, people are responsible for their own food intake, but offering free food for people over 350 lbs is a bit much.

It is a gimmick to make money. And the owners apparently don't care how they make their money. That is their right, living in a free country.
    They don't advertise their food as tasting good, only as being high calorie, so people probably go there only for the 'experience', if that is what they are into. Kinda like a Vegas version of Hooters.

I, personally wouldn't step foot in the place. And it has nothing to do with the calorie count.
  • WanderingBomb
    WanderingBomb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    and now im going to crave a milkshake aaaaaalllllll day
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Wow. I checked out the menu and was disgusted. Not so much by the food items, altho the chili really looked gross, but the place looks more like a brothel than a restaurant. Guess I shouldn't be surprised since it is in Vegas.

As for the calorie level, people are responsible for their own food intake, but offering free food for people over 350 lbs is a bit much.

It is a gimmick to make money. And the owners apparently don't care how they make their money. That is their right, living in a free country.
    They don't advertise their food as tasting good, only as being high calorie, so people probably go there only for the 'experience', if that is what they are into. Kinda like a Vegas version of Hooters.

I, personally wouldn't step foot in the place. And it has nothing to do with the calorie count.

Really that looks like a brothel to you??? Brothels have changed I guess

Is it for everyone no, but it's not supposed to be your every day eating, it is supposed to be for fun and the experience.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try their fries. But now they've got me hook, line, and sinker with the IV bag of wine.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Looked at the menu and wow, LOL!!! The chili cheese fries looks good, but probably could only eat half of that!! :D
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

oh yeah I find that repulsive. No.

The only people I know who have dined there are the types who eat like that (bacon quadruple cheeseburger, milkshake, XXL chili fries) every day anyway. When I saw the hospital gowns I knew it was too extreme for me (the concept). Tasteless.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the menu made me throw up a little in my mouth. And not because of the food.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I went to the heart attack grill back in July and enjoyed every minute of it!! Jello shots, an entire bag of wine, and a loaded chili cheese beef hot dog. So good. Well worth it. With all of the walking that gets done in Vegas, I didn't gain a single pound while there.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Would not appeal to me at all.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Oh and if you don't eat all your food, you get spanked by one of the nurses with a paddle. And let me tell you, they do not hold back. I had a bruise on my butt cheek for days. It hurt like hell!! Not once, but twice!