How to lose belly fat quick

Options

Replies

• hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    A guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    KingRat79 wrote: »
    Supposedly, milk is supposed to help with that, but I doubt it's enough for most people to notice and it is somewhat high in calories.
    mgc.gif

I see your GIF and I'll raise you a WebMD link. http://www.m.webmd.com/diet/news/20030415/eat-yogurt-lose-belly-fat

And I'll see your link, and up it with some simple source vetting. "But those who ate Yoplait Light yogurt in the General Mills-sponsored study ..."

Oh, and earlier you said milk, not yogurt so the link doesn't support your earlier statement anyway.
  • danner83
    danner83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    As a few have already mentioned, unfortunately fat around the waist cannot be primarily targeted for fat loss. Sugars that we consume store as fat and they love to hold on to out waist areas. My advice to you is to eat a low sugar diet and when you in the gym or doing any exercise do fat burning high resistance training to help strip the unwanted fat away. you cannot target just the waist area but it will eventually go. Doing abs exercises will be great though as you want to build up you core muscles so that when the fat strips away- you will have developed muscles that should eventually show through.
    I am not going to lie to you, it takes a while but is well worth it.
    If I can help in any way please feel free to message anytime.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    LeoGuaje7 wrote: »
    So basically, eat no/less carbs and weight loss is easier? im new to this dieting stuff.

Only if you want to set yourself up for failure. Barring a medical condition, there is no reason to eliminate or overly restrict any type of food. Weigh and measure what you eat, keep your caloric intake below what you burn, lose weight in a healthy and sustainable manner.

This is true. However, for me personally, and I believe others as well, it is easier to stay within the desired, restricted calorie intake when simple/refined carbs are minimized. I just feel more full for the number of calories I've consumed when I eat more protein and whole foods than when I eat more simple carbs. Today is a perfect example of that. I ate at the company bbq and had lots of simple carbs (pasta, potato salad, cake, etc.) and I'm ready to stab and eat someone right now, even though I've as many calories as I usually eat in a day!

Since you said you're new to this, I recommend you pay attention to what foods you find satisfying for the calories and what foods leave you hungry (or hungrier more quickly). While there is nothing wrong with eating a doughnut (for example), those 200 calories won't be as filling at 200 calories of chicken. Good luck! :)

You really tried to apply your anecdotal reasoning to other people? After admitting what was stated by me and others was true?

Does anyone know how many calories vigorous head shaking in disbelief burns?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Is there any foods to eat to help shrink the size of your waist?
    Sadly no...
    Or good upper body excercises to do at home to quicken the process?
    Again, no...
    Ive cut my calorie intake from well over 3000 to 2250 and have been going on walks daily but dont seem to be losing weight
    Patience...
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can spot-reduce weight/fat loss but cutting out processed carbs/wheat/gluten products will not only reduce your calorie intake but will reduce bloating. I think I read somewhere that carbs that aren't used up for energy basically store as fat and these cells swell up causing bloating. Whenever I feel/look bloated I do notice a lot of carbs in my food diary, also when I feel/look bloated and have an event coming up or outfit I know I wanna wear I cut the carbs and drink looads of water and/or detox/herbal teas especially before bed and by the morning I've reduced/eliminated the bloat which reduces my waist from anything from 1-4 inches!!
    Focus on your diet and don't waste your money on all those diet pills that supposedly melt fat.
    Hope that helps a little hun
    x
    It did help identify you as a person I won't look to for scientifically supported answers.

Am I the only one that just snorted?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Supposedly, milk is supposed to help with that, but I doubt it's enough for most people to notice and it is somewhat high in calories.
    mgc.gif

I see your GIF and I'll raise you a WebMD link. http://www.m.webmd.com/diet/news/20030415/eat-yogurt-lose-belly-fat

And I'll see your link, and up it with some simple source vetting. "But those who ate Yoplait Light yogurt in the General Mills-sponsored study ..."

Oh, and earlier you said milk, not yogurt so the link doesn't support your earlier statement anyway.

When CBS reported on it, they said milk, which is what I was remembering, but I didn't find a link to that. But the fact remains that dairy appears to have an impact on belly fat.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

When CBS reported on it, they said milk, which is what I was remembering, but I didn't find a link to that. But the fact remains that dairy appears to have an impact on belly fat.

Well if you are lactose intolerant, you might bloat a bit after consuming dairy, and mistake that look for fat, I guess. So cutting out dairy could give you a false sense that it cut fat.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    mgc.gif

The study focused on calcium intake ... and used that as the variable ... science is easy when you pay attention.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    danner83 wrote: »
    Hi,
    As a few have already mentioned, unfortunately fat around the waist cannot be primarily targeted for fat loss. Sugars that we consume store as fat and they love to hold on to out waist areas. My advice to you is to eat a low sugar diet and when you in the gym or doing any exercise do fat burning high resistance training to help strip the unwanted fat away. you cannot target just the waist area but it will eventually go. Doing abs exercises will be great though as you want to build up you core muscles so that when the fat strips away- you will have developed muscles that should eventually show through.

Sugar stores as fat, build muscle in a calorie deficit...strong first post.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    mgc.gif

The study focused on calcium intake ... and used that as the variable ... science is easy when you pay attention.
    You seem to remember more about it than I do, but it does appear there's more to it than magic, as was previously suggested.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    You obviously didn't even read the link you provided.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Lose belly fat quick? Liposuction.......
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    danner83 wrote: »
    Hi,

Sugar stores as fat, build muscle in a calorie deficit...strong first post.

lol
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Is there any foods to eat to help shrink the size of your waist? Or good upper body excercises to do at home to quicken the process? Ive cut my calorie intake from well over 3000 to 2250 and have been going on walks daily but dont seem to be losing weight
    Nope, you don't get to choose where you lose weight and you can't spot reduce.

If you are not losing weight, then you are not eating at a calorie deficit by underestimating your calorie intake and, possibly, overestimating your calorie burns.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Nope.

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    LeoGuaje7 wrote:
    Is (sic) there any foods to eat to help shrink the size of your waist?
    Or good upper body excercises to do at home to quicken the process?
    The only thing which can directly affect the size of your waist would be exercises for your core: straight planks, rotation planks, situps (in all directions), leg lifts.
    To lose fat, lose weight, and that's going to happen all over.

Eating higher protein & lower carbs leads to more weight loss, all over.
    See this blog post for links to the studies supporting that assertion.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-08-09-high-protein-diet-685553
    Try 45% carbs, 20% fat, 35% protein
    Ive (sic) cut my calorie intake from well over 3000 to 2250 and have been going on walks daily but dont (sic) seem to be losing weight
    Is 225 a healthy goal weight for your height? If not, why did you pick 2250?
    My doctor told me to eat 10x my healthy goal weight in calories in order to lose weight to get there.
    That's where I started, and it worked for months, but now I've had to go below that as I hit plateaus.
    He also said not to eat back exercise calories, and for the most part I don't.
    I read somewhere that carbs that aren't used up for energy basically store as fat and these cells swell up causing bloating
    Excess calories from any source end up as fat. Fat is stored calories.
    Excess carbs are first made into glycogen (storage form), and excess of excess gets turned into fat, just like any other calorie.

To process carbs the body needs water (IIRC, it's something like 2 or 3 g of water for each g of carb), so yes, a high-carb meal will make you retain water for a while. (I know I didn't eat 3 lb of carbs yesterday, nowhere near 10,000 calories, but the scale is up 3 lb this morning. Water.)

51637601.png
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    How you lose weight is genetics. Some people lose in extremities first and the last place to lose fat is waist and hip. But for some it may be otherwise. But the universal truth is you can't spot reduce. And nor can any diet/ pill help with reducing only belly fat. If they claim so Ithen take your money and run in the opposite direction
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know how you can lose fat from wherever you want and not have to exercise or even watch what you eat. But first, you have to send me $5,000 and promise to never tell anyone this secret.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Is there any foods to eat to help shrink the size of your waist? Or good upper body excercises to do at home to quicken the process? Ive cut my calorie intake from well over 3000 to 2250 and have been going on walks daily but dont seem to be losing weight

Leo it sounds strange but I cut the carbs to <50 grams a day and put the rest of them into eating fat to make up the total calories. Did not see any weight lose for 8 weeks but lost an inch in the weight. Then I dropped 8 pounds over week 9-12 and none over the next four weeks. I have lost some more fat I noticed yesterday. I do daily walks as well. Measure your waist once a week and see if you are losing fat without losing pounds. Weight loss varies from human to human so just benchmark yourself against your self. Best of luck.