How to lose belly fat quick

Options

Replies

• Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    How to lose belly fat with this one little trick :);):). But seriously now, I have found that even if I get my abs in top shape, there still can be a layer of fat over them.

I recently lost a lot of weight. I went from a Size 2X to a Size 8. My belly and waist are very small now. Even though I have not been working out enough, and my abs are not in shape, I am still small.

So my experience is that it is all about the fat.
  • Taajsgpm
    Options
    No milk, no no pills , those are fallicies, quick belly fat loss iis not real, and it requires ongoing effort you cant lose it and go get a cheeseburger LOL
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Losing belly fat doesn't happen quickly. Sorry.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Liposuction. . . end of thread
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ab workouts, tuck in your stomach slightly throughout the day.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

nope
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    LeoGuaje7 wrote: »
    Is there any foods to eat to help shrink the size of your waist? Or good upper body exercises to do at home to quicken the process? I've cut my calorie intake from well over 3000 to 2250 and have been going on walks daily but don't seem to be losing weight

Hi Leo! Since there's no good way to spot target (especially if you still have weight to lose), you may wish to use MFP to help you lose weight. What is your height and weight? For example, if you are 5'9" and 270, one would think your caloric intake should be about 2400 cals. a day at 20% reduction. See http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ for a good calculator.

You can use MyFitnessPal (MFP) to track your daily calories consumed (food) and calories burned (exercise). Click Goals > Change Goals > Guided, Continue, enter in your accurate information and realistic goal weight, and click Update Profile. MFP will give you good information on how many calories you should eat each day to safely lose weight.

Direct Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals
    BMI Calculator: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmi-calculator
    BMR Calculator: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

19507081.png
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

This doesn't work, and neither do any other type of "spot" reducing exercises.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I would do the 21 day NAKED AND AFRAID diet. 20 to 40 pounds - LOST - guaranteed! Lose even more by doing cardio - such as gathering firewood and searching for food, finding/making clean drinking water.

vlcsnap_00127.jpg
  • Ash_danielle
    Ash_danielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    KingRat79 wrote: »
    Supposedly, milk is supposed to help with that, but I doubt it's enough for most people to notice and it is somewhat high in calories.
    mgc.gif

Lmao
  • spineline
    Options
    Increased waist to hip ratio is indicator of insulin sensitivity. Most don't have necessary assessment, mainly glucose tolerance testing with insulin measurements and assessing the ratio. If insulin sensitive, then reducing carbohydrates would be necessary, along with increasing fats and protein. This forces body to metabolize the fats. Much more to it than this, but at least a basic start.
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    Spanx.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Spanx.

Yuck! No spanx. I say let it be free, or lose it! Why look and feel like an italian sausage?
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, hit macros, eat at a deficit
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Is there any foods to eat to help shrink the size of your waist? Or good upper body excercises to do at home to quicken the process? Ive cut my calorie intake from well over 3000 to 2250 and have been going on walks daily but dont seem to be losing weight

2250 calories seems like a lot to be be cutting on, especially since your form of exercise is going on walks.

what is your height and weight?
  • LeoGuaje7
    Options
    Is there any foods to eat to help shrink the size of your waist? Or good upper body excercises to do at home to quicken the process? Ive cut my calorie intake from well over 3000 to 2250 and have been going on walks daily but dont seem to be losing weight

2250 calories seems like a lot to be be cutting on, especially since your form of exercise is going on walks.

what is your height and weight?

6'4 297 lbs
  • lioness2307
    lioness2307 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep, you cannot spot-reduce and choose where you lose (or put on the pounds). However, this being said, if you are prone to belly fat ("apple shape"), i.e. to storing excess weight in your torso, try eliminating gluten/wheat for 1-2 months and see whether this makes a difference.
    I am an apple shape and ted to store the fat in the middle. I have lost 7 kg (about 15 pounds) from June 2014 to now, after cutting out gluten, milk and caffeine, eating a clean, varied diet, and NOT dieting. My daily calorie allowance has been roughly around the 1800-2000 mark and I have been fairly active (not insane gym-hopping but 3-4 fun sessions per week).

Please note, everybody is different though and you will have to try and see what works best for you.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Yep, you cannot spot-reduce and choose where you lose (or put on the pounds). However, this being said, if you are prone to belly fat ("apple shape"), i.e. to storing excess weight in your torso, try eliminating gluten/wheat for 1-2 months and see whether this makes a difference.
    I am an apple shape and ted to store the fat in the middle. I have lost 7 kg (about 15 pounds) from June 2014 to now, after cutting out gluten, milk and caffeine, eating a clean, varied diet, and NOT dieting. My daily calorie allowance has been roughly around the 1800-2000 mark and I have been fairly active (not insane gym-hopping but 3-4 fun sessions per week).

Please note, everybody is different though and you will have to try and see what works best for you.
    I think it's wonderful that you have found a dietary plant that works for you and has improved your health. However, you lost weight due to eating less not because you cut out certain foods. Some of the weight could have been water retention too, as we tend to hold water with carbs.

Gluten does not not make a person gain weight, and it does not make a person lose weight. No food does this, it's the overall consumption that causes us to gain or lose weight. :)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Nope.

ozI-that-s-not-how-any-of-this-works-that-s-not-how-it-works.jpg
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options