Just ran my first 10k!!!

Options
in 57 mins 7 seconds. Couldn't run a mile without stopping about a year ago, so pretty chuffed :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Great time!

I ran my first 10k today as well! 1:04:23 with 3 months training, I'm rather pleased with myself!
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you! Great job!!!
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    What I like best about this is...you ran your first...implying and hopefully I am right...not your last. Good luck and welcome to the fun.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Hopefully this won't be your last 10k!
  • activeinmysixties
    activeinmysixties Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both first timers. Well done!!! Time to set the next goal - another 10k? a 10 miler?
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You have a lot to be proud of
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Muffie22 wrote: »
    in 57 mins 7 seconds. Couldn't run a mile without stopping about a year ago, so pretty chuffed :)
    Great time!

I ran my first 10k today as well! 1:04:23 with 3 months training, I'm rather pleased with myself!

Super job both of you congrats!

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you! :D
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Great time!

Outstanding! (both of you)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

And so you should be! Well done!
  • pattyjoshockley
    pattyjoshockley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome job to both of you. You are an inspiration.
  • amyjoi16
    amyjoi16 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Congratulations to you!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and congratulations to both of you! Definitely inspires me for my five race next month! Thank you!
  • Muffie22
    Muffie22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Greywalk wrote: »
    What I like best about this is...you ran your first...implying and hopefully I am right...not your last. Good luck and welcome to the fun.

Hopefully not! probably going to do it again next year and looking at one around june next year. Honestly didn't think i'd ever consider doing another one when i first signed up (just wanted to do it in the name of fitness really) but i've actually started to enjoy running since then :).

Congrats to the other first timer too! *hi-five*!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Greywalk wrote: »

Hopefully not! probably going to do it again next year and looking at one around june next year. Honestly didn't think i'd ever consider doing another one when i first signed up (just wanted to do it in the name of fitness really) but i've actually started to enjoy running since then :).

Congrats to the other first timer too! *hi-five*!

LOL racing is addictive. Running tends to mess with your head by opening up this world of possibilities. After running my first 5K I wanted to go faster, then I wanted go longer.....if anyone had told me 10 years ago that I'd be running half marathons and triathlons I would have thought they were crazy.

Keep it up and enjoy the ride!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :drinker:
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I can remember doing my first 10 kms distance. Have never tried a 10 k race yet