protein shakes - when to have them?

Options
2»

Replies

• jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter, post workout is best but really doesn't make much difference. It makes me laugh when I see folks choking down a litre of whey as fast as they can in the gym changing rooms lol

Go for casein and go for pure, no added anything. Those "bulking" shakes just make you fat!
  • AniLandSmiles
    AniLandSmiles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Casein seems to get quite a bit of recommendations. I will check it out tonight. Thank you all very much!!!
  • Ash_danielle
    Ash_danielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    erichegwer wrote: »
    I make mine every morning for breakfast. Each has 4 ingredients I toss into a blender. The first three are a base that I always use, and the 4th ingredient I change up based on what I'm feeling like, or what is on sale at the store.
    1. A banana - I don't change this
    2. 3 Tablespoons low-fat, low sugar, Greek Yogurt - flavored or not, your preference
    3. 1 scoop Whey protein powder - or whatever a serving size is.
    4. Some other fruit or veggie. Lately I'm on a strawberry kick, but I've used blackberries, blueberries, fresh spinach, peaches, you name it. Makes for interesting and vibrant colors

I'll add some water to thin it out if it's too thick - usually a problem with really fresh bananas.

Add me, my diet is open, and you can see that I have this pretty much every morning.

Sounds yummy. I have plain Greek yogurt, a banana, 1/2 cup of frozen pineapples, 6 or 7 blueberries, spinach, and a tablespoon or two of shredded carrots as my about time protein powder...so good!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Great for breakfast. Great right after workouts. Great before bed. Great as an afternoon snack. Great for lunch paired with a salad.

Great on Tuesdays and holidays and all throughout May.