Options

Replies

• Happy_endings
    Options
    0.5 cup of egg whites
    2 tbsp salsa
    1/4 cup sargento reduced fat colby jack shredded
    2 slices wonder bread smart white

mix eggs and salsa in microwave safe bowl cook 1 min 45 mins. then add cheese and cook for 45 seconds.then I put it onto toasted slices of bread

calories-260 carbs-28 fat-6 protein 24
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    my breakfast is always 2-3 pieces of fruit at home/work. at my school dining hall i usually skip breakfast, but have an early lunch of banana and peanut butter on raisin bread/multigrain bread toast.

i don't like typical breakfast foods in the morning. i eat cereal and oatmeal for dinner (after my veggies of course) and eggs once in a while for lunch.
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never thought to put cocoa powder in my oatmeal or yogurt!! Thanks for the ideas!
    During the week I love cottage cheese with strawberries and cantelope. My second choice is brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal with dried cranberries. On the weekends I splurge and eat eggs, bacon or chorico, and fried potatoes!!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    My fav breakfast is a slice of whole grain bread toasted with ch. peanut butter, a bowl of cereal (usually kashi go lean crunch), greek yogurt, and then an apple or orange. I get up at 5, and spend the next 3 and 45 minutes getting the kiddos off to school. I don't eat all at once. It spaced out during that time frame. If I am in a rush then I just mix up some Shakeology.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have been eating either two poached eggs with one slice of whole grain toast or greek yogurt, frozen berries and a touch of honey. And of course coffee.

Neither have so many calories that it is the biggest meal of the day...I always have plenty of calories left for healthy snacks (apple, string cheese, etc.) as well as the rest of my meals.
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is an egg and cheese wrap and a banana. I use the low car, low fat whole wheat wrap and original egg beaters. Sometimes I put in them fully cooked bacon or canadian bacon too.
  • carriecolleen
    Options
    Special K Satisfaction and skim milk. Weight Control oatmeal or Eggos with Fibre and no sugar lo cal jam. It used to be toast and peanut butter ever day,,,but I got bored. I don't like big breakfasts...but I'll have a protien shake mid-morning.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have 2. Poached egg and a slice of cheese on toast. High fiber maple brown sugar oatmeal with milk and raisins.
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Do you make this granola? It sounds delish!

I use Quaker Oats Morning Oat Granola and fill it with fresh and dried fruits.
  • Kirsty36
    Kirsty36 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist recommended smaller meals every couple of hours. The reason being that when you are eating frequently your metabolism is continually running. Also, glucose levels will stay more level instead of spiking and dropping. When I am eating "good" my day will look something like:

Breakfast (within 30 mins of waking) : Peanut butter (natural, only ingredient should be peanuts) & banana (acts as natural sweetener) sandwich (whole wheat bread).

OR : Whole wheat toast with sugar free jam / fruit preserves (sugar free only has like ten cals per serving)

OR: Whole wheat english muffin with egg whites and a morning star sausage veggie patty.

Snack

Lunch

Snack

Dinner
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I went to see a nutritonist who looked at my food diary and made some key changes for me

breakfast - 35g traditional rolled oats
    50-80g banana
    50-100g sliced mango
    5g minced ginger
    5g clear honey
    200ml skimmed milk

blitz the oats - add the rest and, blitz up leave for 5-10mins blitz again and enjoy - more banana thicker smoothie, more mango sweeter taste

try it - I never eat after one of those for between 5-6 hours im full, my snacking days are behind me
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    Oatmeal pancake (make 1 serving)
    1/2 cup uncooked oats
    2 eggs whites
    1/4 cup of skim milk
    vanilla, cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Heat a lightly oiled (you can use Pam) frying pan over medium high heat. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Total: cal 211, carbs 32, fat 3, protein 14, sugar 1, sodium 142

Also I like to eat cottage cheese wih oats and strawberiess for breakfast.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm not hat hungry in the morning so usually I eat cereal w/low-fat milk and fruit. My favorite "healthy" breakfast is scrambled eggs with salsa, cottage cheese and whole wheat toast.
  • ddelapas
    ddelapas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with Bran and strawberries/bananas
    Oatmeal with bananas and brown sugar
    Egg Beaters with salsa and whole grain "skinny" bagel
  • notaryveronica
    notaryveronica Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Kellogg’s FiberPlus Berry Yogurt Crunch Cereal with 1/2 cup of Almond Milk
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    I have either muesli, chocolate weetabix, Oatibix with raspberries and soy milk or ready break made with water with a few choc chip in.
  • RoseRDH
    RoseRDH Posts: 24
    Options
    Bump, those oatmeal pancakes sound good! I've been making this recipe I found in Oxygen magazine (slightly altered): old fashion oats cooked on the stove, then add ff greek yogurt, honey, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, and mixed berries. Let it sit over night and eat it cold in the morning! Its to die for and u can add or subtract for different ingredients easily to taste. The orginal recipe called for maple syrup but i only had honey in the house : )
  • jess2308
    jess2308 Posts: 40
    Options
    oatmeal pancake sounds delicious! might try it tomorrow morning :)
  • Jennid27
    Jennid27 Posts: 15
    Options
    Oat bran wrap with one egg scrambled, 1 laughing cow wedge warmed in micro for a few seconds. Maybe a slice of turkey bacon sometimes. Mmm.
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Cereal! I absolutely adore the stuff. I eat it all the time, so many flavors, and brands hot or cold. I either have that or peanut butter on toast so the peanut butter is melty.