Strange Eating Quirks, Anyone?

Options

Replies

• dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    PopTarts - have to peel the back cakey part off and eat it first so that I can enjoy the filling and the frosting side.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I can't eat gelatinous foods. texturally disgusting.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I can't stand for my food to touch. And I always save my favorite thing to eat for last.

Oh, and I eat all the broth in my soups first, and then eat the other ingredients.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    When eating a pizza with pepperoni on it, I eat all the pepperoni off of it first... Then consume it like a cheese pizza.

When I eat ice cream (hand dipped), I have to mash and stir it up in the bowl so it becomes the consistency of soft serve.

All my food on my plate CANNOT touch each other.

I can't stand for the liquid from cooked veggies too seep under any other food on my plate. So I position the plate in a way that the veggies are at the 12 o'clock position, then lift up the front of the plate (6 o'clock position)and place a butter knife under it so that the liquid stays at the vegetable end of the plate.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I always eat my meat first (I hate when the meat cools off, it gets chewy). I also always eat all of one thing before moving on to the next, starting with my favourite (as long as it's warm - cold things are ALWAYS last).

That's pretty much it for me. Nothing else consistent, things change with my mood.

My brother used to eat Kraft Dinner with chopsticks though. That was pretty quirky.
  • Penny5518
    Penny5518 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat everything with both a knife and a fork. Pizza, pasta, burgers, chips, toast...if it's solid I'm using both utensils.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Not exactly eating, but bananas must be purchased in bunches of 4. No exceptions.
  • roz112
    roz112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When i use to drink coke a few years ago i would always try to hide it by placing a menu or something in front of it because i would always drink it before my actual meal came.
    And also the last few bites of my meal i always have with my hands (anything other than soup or something liquidy of course)
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating any sort of chips, I will save the folded over ones until last.
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My food can't touch...if I have mashed potatoes and corn on my plate, there needs to be at least an inch distance between the two. I've yet to find foods that are allowed to touch.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    ems212 wrote: »
    My food can't touch...if I have mashed potatoes and corn on my plate, there needs to be at least an inch distance between the two. I've yet to find foods that are allowed to touch.

The mashed potatoes, and corn thing would be utter blasphemy in my family, if the corn is not on the cob. Every single one of us on my mom's side eat it with the corn on top of them potatoes.
  • 3Alice3
    3Alice3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If I have some sort of biscuit which has a creamy filling (custard cream, bourbon, oreos) then I usually have to have two because I have to pull them apart and sandwich them back together and double up the creamy part...I feel weird if there is only one biscuit left and I have to eat it on it's lonesome :(
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I have to eat reese's peanut butter cups from the edge. No center out bites.
  • salomeswish
    salomeswish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I only eat purple grapes (the darker the better). I peel it and lick the juice before I pop it in my mouth.

If I really love something on the plate, I leave it for last and I cut it in small pieces and savor each bite.

The only way I would eat mashed potatoes is with a bunch of baked garlic in it. More garlic than potato.

I eat cherries and pineapple with salt.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Very_Strange_Thing_Mouth.gif
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Every time I have mashed potatoes I must make a crater in the middle of the potatoes and pour gravy into it. Most times I put the veggie(corn/peas) into the crater first and then the gravy.

50646056.jpg

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for weeks at a time. In the summer I had goat cheese every day for about 3 months straight. Now it's mozzarella.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Get grossed out, can't sit at a table with people who shovel food with a fork and have to juggle the cutlery when cutting with a knife.
    Whew glad I could get that off my chest.
    I love to mix mashed potatoes, cauliflower, and ketchup together. Then I spread it out and cut it into 1 inch squares. Only do it to remind me of my childhood, but derive great joy from doing it occasionally.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Just 2 quirks.
    I get very sad/mad if I order eggs over easy and the yolks are hard. I eat them anyway but it ruins the breakfast.
    I love to dip bites of my medium-rare steak into my garlic mashed potatoes-yum!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when people take a drink WHILE THEY STILL HAVE FOOD IN THEIR MOUTH. It makes me want to throw up... seriously.