Ten Pickles: The chick fil a weight loss diet plan.

Options
Not nine, not eleven...TEN. For weight loss.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Story/Detail/4883

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I tried to post this under success stories because the guy really has lost a LOT of weight, but when it didn't post there I took it as a sign that this story is really more about the food.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    LOL nice!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    LOL nice!

I know. I mean he is like Jared and that other guy who prove you can lose weight with any food, it's all about the choices.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    When I go to McDonald's I always ask them for 10 packets of ketchup. I tell them I'm OCD and it has to be 10, exactly 10, no more no less (and I'll throw a twitch in every now and then)... The truth is when I ask them for ketchup they give me two packs. I once even asked for "a *kitten* ton" and I got a whopping 3 packs.

From now on I'm going to tell them I need 10 for weight loss purposes. Thanks for the new excuse!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    When I go to McDonald's I always ask them for 10 packets of ketchup. I tell them I'm OCD and it has to be 10, exactly 10, no more no less (and I'll throw a twitch in every now and then)... The truth is when I ask them for ketchup they give me two packs. I once even asked for "a *kitten* ton" and I got a whopping 3 packs.

From now on I'm going to tell them I need 10 for weight loss purposes. Thanks for the new excuse!
    I don't even know why we have to specify. When we say we want "extra pickles", or "extra extra ranch", or "more yellow chile's on the side", I don't know why this does not imply "AS MANY AS YOU CAN FILL A SMALL FRENCH FRIES BAG WITH" or "JUST A WHOLE MESS OF THAT PLEASE".

Will never understand the condiment stingies. Never. It's the free stuff right?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

I don't even know why we have to specify. When we say we want "extra pickles", or "extra extra ranch", or "more yellow chile's on the side", I don't know why this does not imply "AS MANY AS YOU CAN FILL A SMALL FRENCH FRIES BAG WITH" or "JUST A WHOLE MESS OF THAT PLEASE".

I know right?! I've gotten into frikin arguments for giving me 2 ketchups when I have LARGE FRIES!! Are you kidding me?! Give me at least 20. My friend says I eat ketchup with a side of fries. LOL! :mrgreen:
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options

I know right?! I've gotten into frikin arguments for giving me 2 ketchups when I have LARGE FRIES!! Are you kidding me?! Give me at least 20. My friend says I eat ketchup with a side of fries. LOL! :mrgreen:

Try the OCD thing, it's much easier. They even look sad when you just keep repeating 10, exactly 10. 10 packets, 10 exactly 10....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

this is how hubs does the fried jalapeno's from JIB. it's like ranch soup with jalapeno pepper crouton garnish.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I go to McDonalds are tell them that when I say I want extra pickles, I mean I want all the pickles that are left spare when all the other people say they don't want pickles. I've been known to receive a cheeseburger in one of those BicMac cardboard rings, to hold the inch thick layer of pickles in.
  • eddiemac617
    eddiemac617 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love pickles
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ^what is happening now?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I like his story. Clearly eating whatever you want in moderation along with exercise works.

I was 70 lbs over weight after having my son 13 years ago. I was never overweight and had no clue what to do when it came to weight loss back then. I decided to just count calories. You know the whole eat 1200 a day thing. Well I went online and looked up all the nutrition facts for my fave restaurants. I printed out the nutrition facts of all the low cal options, cut them and pasted them in a notebook. Every time I went to eat out, I made sure it was in my notebook. I stuck to my calories, worked out and after 4 years lost 70 lbs. It took me along time to get it right.

It is nothing new. Calories in vs calories out.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

Try the OCD thing, it's much easier. They even look sad when you just keep repeating 10, exactly 10. 10 packets, 10 exactly 10....

I think I couldn't do that... I'd be cracking up too much!! :laugh:
    I go to McDonalds are tell them that when I say I want extra pickles, I mean I want all the pickles that are left spare when all the other people say they don't want pickles. I've been known to receive a cheeseburger in one of those BicMac cardboard rings, to hold the inch thick layer of pickles in.

OMG!! I never of telling them that!! I'm going to tell them that next time I go... MMMMM!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options

It may be that the employees have been told to only give X number of whatever in an effort to keep costs down. When I worked at Subway we could give as much lettuce or onion as the customer wanted, but olives, which cost more, there was a limit after which we had to charge.

It's free to you, the restaurant has to pay for it.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    If only those pickles weren't marinated in the tears of homosexuals banned from marrying the loves of their lives.

Seriously, I think Chick-fil-A is greasy and gross and their politics got a little too public and wrong for my taste. Plus, they aren't even good pickles.

>:)
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    If only those pickles weren't marinated in the tears of homosexuals banned from marrying the loves of their lives.

Seriously, I think Chick-fil-A is greasy and gross and their politics got a little too public and wrong for my taste. Plus, they aren't even good pickles.

Good grief, its just pickles. Why get all PC over pickles?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »

Good grief, its just pickles. Why get all PC over pickles?

Because they're Chick-fil-A pickles. I don't get all PC over McDonald's pickles, but I still won't eat them since they're gross.

Wendy's has good pickles.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Politics aside, I love Chick-fil-a. There is one right down the street from where I live, on my way to work, and I eat their Cobb salads and chicken strips all the time. They have been instrumental in helping me lose weight. I have also earned many free sandwiches, but I always get them without pickles. Gross.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options

I hear ya Snuggles. I have never been to a chic fil a and I never will. My usual McDonalds has a do it yourself ketchup dispenser. A big handle pumper thing and you can pump it right on your fries or into a little cup. Awesomesause. Alatarial you can have my pickles.