How often do you get on the scale?

Options

Replies

• ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning. If I weigh more often, I get too obsessed with the weight fluctuations.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    every single day - I love watching my bodyweight fluctuate

I've even started logging daily so I can watch the trends
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings only. Like a PP said, If i weight more than that, I get obsessed with the fluctuations, even though I KNOW they are normal.
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's input. I try to stay away from the scale, but it beckons me each morning. In the past, I have become obsessed with the little fluctuations, but I like the idea of seeing the trends.
    I change my weight here on the first week, but wait for my official weigh-in on the second.

Thanks, again!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Well after the other week when it went up 4lbs, I haven't been on it since hahaha!!

I used to weigh every Monday evening and record the details on my phone. I so need to get back on track though :blush:
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This sounds crazy, but two years ago I was 402LBS, now I'm 192. I was very sad all the time when I looked at the scale. Everyday I worked out like a machine @ home of course & in the first month I lost 10 pounds! My suggestion to anyone is not to look at it for awhile! throw it away! Because it can be discouraging because fat can turn to muscle, including water intake & salt intake!

#NeverGiveUp
  • beavislong
    beavislong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll admit. I'm obsessed. I weigh more than once a day sometimes but always in the morning. I know that daily fluctuations occur. I know that water weight changes frequently. I just like to see how time of day, hydration and exercise change throughout the day.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning around the same hour.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    every morning
  • helaurin
    helaurin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    every morning. I hop out of bed, take care of business in the bathroom, strip for the scale so I'm not weighing sleepwear and I weigh myself. Since I usually wake up around the same time every day, it eliminates time-of-day as a factor.
  • Spocky
    Spocky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Every morning and I log it and when I come home after work while changing clothes because it takes about 20 seconds to weigh myself.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Every month if I'm around a scale.
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but if I happen to go up I try to remind myself the only weigh in that counts is Friday's. It can fluctuate day to day, but over a week's time it's usually a loss.

weight.png
  • Jesus4Mayor
    Jesus4Mayor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale so I use the one at my school gym. Tuesday just happens to be the first day I can get into the gym so it's the day I weigh myself.
  • annika2012
    annika2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I look at the scale once a week - Monday morning, and that's when I log in my weight. Whether I gain or lose I log it in. This helps me to analyze my weight over time vs my food intake. If I gained couple of lbs in a week then I go back and check my food diary to see why that is the case. I've noticed over the week my weight will fluctuate between 2 to 3 lbs, no point stressing about that.
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My scale at home sucks (not digital and waaay inaccurate), so I weigh whenever I go see my recruiter (going for military). It's pretty good because I don't weigh myself daily and when I see the loss, I'm usually both surprised and ecstatic! It has turned into a type of game for me and motivates me to keep going :)
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a day -- one at home and one at the scale at work because it says I weight less than the one at home.

I weight daily because I've lost weight and seeing my weight loss on the scale makes me happy and keeps me motivated.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but don't pay much attention to short term gains and losses. It is trends that are more important.
  • ChrisHoffman72
    ChrisHoffman72 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning at the same time...and after the triple S