Subway sandwich

Options

Replies

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I have eaten Subway, and even a gas station Sammie, it all depends on how starving you are.

Given that I live in a rural area with few food options, Subway is good food when the other choice is Taco Bell, or McDonald's.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It's all been downhill since they took out the yoga mat from their food.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Deena_Bean wrote: »
    I'm thinking 7-11 sandwiches take the lead in the "worst sandwich you can buy" category. Oh. Or these sandwiches they make for conferences at my job. They're pretty nast.

7-11 sandwiches > vending machine sandwiches > subway sandwiches

I think your taste buds are off. Like waaaaaay off.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I have eaten Subway, and even a gas station Sammie, it all depends on how starving you are.

Well, that's true... my mom used to say that even a piece of stale bread would be the most delicious thing when starving LOL!!!
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    those might be fighting words right there
    troll-face-put-up-your-dukes-them-there-fighting-words-trollface.gif
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's OM NOM NOM :D
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Wawa
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Subway sandwich's are the worst sandwich you can buy.

If you think they are good, you are wrong

Bored, much? ;)
  • SusanL222
    Options
    agal129 wrote: »
    I don't mind the sandwiches, but I HATE the way the smell of whatever bread they're "baking" sticks to my clothes. Or when you can smell Subway from whatever store is next to it. Gross.

YES! I hate how I smell after visiting a Subway. I told my boyfriend one day after visiting one that I smelled like Subway but he couldn't detect it.

Me, too! Smells kinda like meat going bad to me. However, I do like the occasional sub on flatbread with grilled chicken, cheese, most of the veggies and spicy mustard, toasted! Pretty darn good for fast food! :)
  • SusanL222
    Options
    011613subwayfootlongsandwichbz15105326-525x400.jpg

They lie, too

Nothing wrong with lying about a couple inches...

:D
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Wawa
    Yes wawa hoagies are better than Subway. Subway sucks. Publix hoagies are better, a hoagie from any pizza/sandwich shop in the north is better and Jersey Mike's hoagie done Mike's way is better! Nuff said. Subway is a lame excuse for a sandwich :)

ETA: cannot forget Cappriotti's!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Quiznos would be so much better if they didn't have that sweet taste on everything they sell.

Firehouse 4 lyfe!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'll eat subway if I have to. I didn't get to be 410 lbs by being picky LOL.

Otherwise it's Jimmy John's, Jersey Mike's, or Quiznos (CHICKEN CARBONARA NOMNOMNOM).
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Wawa
    Yes wawa hoagies are better than Subway. Subway sucks. Publix hoagies are better, a hoagie from any pizza/sandwich shop in the north is better and Jersey Mike's hoagie done Mike's way is better! Nuff said. Subway is a lame excuse for a sandwich :)

ETA: cannot forget Cappriotti's!

The bobby
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    The interesting thing is that different people like different things. Don't like Subway? Don't eat there. Don't proselytize about it.

This is incorrect. No one like subway, if they do they are confused

I like Subway.
    I am not confused.

Have bought Subway at various places in Australia and once in New Zealand, was tasty at all of them ( except the New Zealand one didn't have beetroot and thought we were weird for wanting beetroot on sandwiches - but that's another story :) )

I don't care how much gluten is in the bread, I do not have coeliac disease nor gluten intolerance so that is a non issue for me.

PS: not sure if OP is serious or this is an attempt at humour.
    Doesn't seem sensible enough post to be serious, but not getting the joke if humour.

• ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The interesting thing is that different people like different things. Don't like Subway? Don't eat there. Don't proselytize about it.

I like Subway.
    I am not confused.

Have bought Subway at various places in Australia and once in New Zealand, was tasty at all of them ( except the New Zealand one didn't have beetroot and thought we were weird for wanting beetroot on sandwiches - but that's another story :) )

I don't care how much gluten is in the bread, I do not have coeliac disease nor gluten intolerance so that is a non issue for me.

Doesn't seem sensible enough post to be serious, but not getting the joke if humour.

Option 3: Trolling
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    While I like a spicy Italian from time to time, I will have to agree that Capriotti's is full of all the win. Man I want a capistrami now. NOM!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I like Subway.
    I am not confused.

Perhaps not confused just an unrefined palette?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Well I guess refinement of palate, like taste itself, is subjective.

I am not a food snob - if I I like something, I like it - it doesn't have to meet an upper class standard before I do.