How much weight do you expect to gain by New Year?

Options
I'm trying to be realistic and at this rate I'm going to try to limit the weight gain to one or two pounds... I did great last year but this year my willpower has dwindled by quite a bit!

Anyone else?

Replies

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I don't expect to gain any! It is possible my weight loss may slow or I may "stall out" for a week over Thanksgiving and then again over News Years when I'll be out of town and out of my routine. But I don't expect to gain any. If I weighed everyday then I would expect a water weight gain perhaps… but I only weigh once a week, so as long as I keep up my water, I'm not quite so prone to fluctuations.
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    I expect to lose 15 pounds by New Year's Day
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Not planning on gaining. At worst, I will maintain. At best, I will lose 5+ lbs.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hopefully another three pounds, lol. Trying to put on weight.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I expect to lose 5 lbs before then.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not planning on gaining. I'm just planning to stay the same. My employer is having a "no gain holidays" challenge so I signed up for it. Crossing my fingers that I can win a gift card from it :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you consider that the "holidays" consist of about three days - thanksgiving, christmas, and new years, you really should not gain anything as going over on those three days should not impact overall goals…

I am trying to bulk right now, so I hope to put on about two to three pounds by January 1
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I will not be gaining any by New years.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    No plans to gain, hoping to maintain. I'll be having surgery just before Christmas, so my activity level will be nill for a few weeks, but hoping that by eating within my calories, i'll be able to maintain.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on gaining anything but if I do it is not going to derail me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im so excited about this! I plan on adding 10 pounds to my bench, 25 to my squat and -fingers crossed- 10 on my OHP!!!!!!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I will lose between 4-6 lbs between now and New Year's day.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I plan to maintain, like I have been.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Im so excited about this! I plan on adding 10 pounds to my bench, 25 to my squat and -fingers crossed- 10 on my OHP!!!!!!

I really like you.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    From today? I will be down a few pounds, including the Thanksgiving and Christmas pig-outs.
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have every intention of dropping a minimum of 10 lbs by New Years Day. Last year, in the same intervening 6 weeks, I managed to lose 15.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Going to lose 5-8 pounds before Christmas, then maintain through the New Year! :)<3
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I get more religious about calorie counting and exercising this time of the year precisely because it used to be the time of the year that I'd gain. I hope to be a few pounds lighter by then.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to lose 3-5 pounds between now and my birthday (Jan 3)...the holidays are 5 days for me - TG, Xmas Eve, Xmas, NYD (aka Xmas with the inlaws), and whatever day our work holiday party is (I think we're going bowling this year). I won't deprive myself and will likely eat at/near maintenance for those days, but I'll exercise most (if not all) of those days, and I'll eat within my calorie limits (and workout) as usual for the remainder of the 6-7 weeks.
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I plan on losing 6.