How much weight do you expect to gain by New Year?

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Im so excited about this! I plan on adding 10 pounds to my bench, 25 to my squat and -fingers crossed- 10 on my OHP!!!!!!

I really like you.

haha thanks :bigsmile:

sun_fish wrote: »
    yoovie wrote: »
    Im so excited about this! I plan on adding 10 pounds to my bench, 25 to my squat and -fingers crossed- 10 on my OHP!!!!!!

Yay! Great goals.

Along the same lines, I hope to be adding 15# to my squat which will be my body weight, which I will be maintaining.

Last year I lost 6 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year's.

squatting your bodyweight is NO JOKE O_O Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy if I get out of the 170's, which means I'll have to be exceptionally good on days that are not holiday's. That's 7-8 pounds roughly if my scale was correct after my daughter's birthday party over the weekend. :grumble:
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to keep it under a 5lb gain (water weight counts, right?). between company parties (four), family parties (5+), random seasonal treats and open bars, I plan on retaining some serious sodium this holiday season. ;)
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    zero...a very busy season and a race coming up as well....not enough time to eat mindlessly.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to gain about 1.5 kg (3.3 pounds) in the period between 24/12 and 14/1. I find that when my weight gain is planned and accounted for, it's not emotionally hard to see the numbers creep up, and it's easy to get back to losing.

Weight loss is a tool for health and happiness, I won't let it stand in the way of my mental health and happiness. I will enjoy all the foods and drinks I like in normal people portions. Nothing a couple of weeks of dieting can't fix.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm trying to be realistic and at this rate I'm going to try to limit the weight gain to one or two pounds... I did great last year but this year my willpower has dwindled by quite a bit!

Anyone else?

no. i have no intention of gaining... I'm cutting now till 12th December, and from then (when i go on holiday) till new year i will be maintaining. i wont log christmas day but the rest i will log and keep up with my exercise. one day of eating what i like wont do any harm.
  • SteveMoto
    SteveMoto Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    -2 lbs.
  • coruscatti
    coruscatti Posts: 81
    edited November 2014
    Options
    None! I don't know why people make such a big deal about gaining weight over the holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas are only two days and only two meals, and the meals usually act as both lunch and dinner on those days. There may be a couple of other holiday parties here and there, but it really doesn't add up to that many meals.

Yes there are leftovers, but just portion yourself the way you normally would, and it should be fine. And if you need to, try to limit the amount of leftovers, for example by buying a smaller turkey or ham, or only having two kinds of pie available instead of three, or sending your guests at your holiday party home with leftovers. I always have Thanksgiving and Christmas at my mom's house and she sends us home with leftovers. Between her, her boyfriend, my fiance and I, and my brother and his girlfriend, the leftovers only add up to maybe two days' worth of normal-sized dinner and dessert (plus a few turkey or ham sandwiches and maybe a soup with the leftover scraps). Really not that big of a deal.

Oh I almost forgot to mention! My family has a tradition of going for a walk in the park or around the neighborhood after having our holiday meals. We do it because we enjoy it, not to burn calories, but it also helps to offset some of the calories and give us an appetite for dessert! Walking around the neighborhood at night also gives us an opportunity to enjoy all the holiday lights and decorations people have put up.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    OP, do you want to gain so you can have a good New Year's Resolution to work on?

I'm not the OP obviously, but I really hope this is not the case! It would be MUCH better to not gain at all during that time and for once maybe not have "lose weight" as a New Year's resolution! That's just my opinion, though.

Holiday food does not interest me and I don't eat any differently during this time of year than any other, so I'm not exactly an expert on this topic.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    At worst, I'm going to maintain. At best, another 5 lbs lost. I'm close to goal, I know it may not go as fast as I want it to. But ever since I started using the moving average algorithm in the Hacker's diet (google that ish), I've been able to see that, even though it's slow progress, I am making progress.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    OP, if your willpower is dwindling, why don't you try going on maintenance for a while? If you've been losing weight for quite a while, maybe you need a break from all that. Then when you're ready again, go back to your deficit. :flowerforyou:
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Hopefully 15 pounds, but probably 0.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I will lose between 4-6 lbs between now and New Year's day.

Yes, me too. Upping the exercise and limiting the calories. Sure, I will splurge for a few holiday treats, but I am trying not to go crazy because I do not want to gain. I want to prove to myself that it is possible to actually lose weight during the holidays. :)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Gain?? I'm on track to LOSE 22 lbs by New Year's Day.
  • I don't want to gain any weight so I will work very hard NOT to do so.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've been having some issues lately but I hope to at least maintain what I have lost so far. I know I am going to continue to track what I eat to the best of my ability and as long as I stay honest about that I will feel good about myself. I know from past experience that if I deny myself too much while others are celebrating I eventually binge out and do more damage.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    What do we have now, six weeks or so? I should easily drop about eight pounds, and I plan to absolutely stuff myself on thanksgiving and Christmas.

The only way I would plan to gain weight before new years is if I were in a bulk, but alas, I just finished one.

Rigger
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Dude, I read the title allll wrong earlier. My intended weight loss still stands. I'm not going to reverse progress in two days. Not gunna happen. :noway:
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be up about 3 lbs by then...this bulk isn't going as well as I'd hoped.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    will loose about 10 pounds, if not will up workouts