What's For Breakfast, Everyone?

Options

Replies

• rosie7693
    rosie7693 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is this:

Rude Health ultimate muesli topped with sprinkles of toasted coconut, walnuts, goji berries, sunflower & pumpkin seeds. Add a spoonful of natural yoghurt, blueberries, pomegranate seeds and splash in some almond milk.

Breakfast is my absolute favourite meal of the day - I try to just have small amounts of each topping so that I can enjoy them all. I'm one of those people who would faint if they left the house without breakfast :)
  • jenn_ed
    jenn_ed Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is Greek yogurt topped with fresh berries and granola. I find this keeps me full until mid-morning when I usually have a piece of fruit as a snack. If I'm in a rush and don't have time, I just grab a Quest bar.
  • rizzla00
    rizzla00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    mine varies...as I do shift work...
    early morning is
    a}20 mini shredded wheat with 100ml semi skimmed milk
    b}porridge oats made with water and pinch of salt
    c}2 wheatbitze with 150 ml skimmed milk...
    plus black coffee with sweentner

when I start at 2pm I normally have brown toast scrambled eggs/poached or boiled eggs this does me until I have a meal at work some sort of salad ie;tuna/low fat cheese or lean ham...plenty of fruit..........

• InsanityForMe
    InsanityForMe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Branstin wrote: »
    Coffee, Greek Yogurt, and Oatmeal.
    Me too... Yum!
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Chobani flip greek yogurt
    Fiber one chocolate chip cookie
    Baneener ;)
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    1 loaf of low carb pita bread (it sucks, don't try it, tastes like cardboard)
    1 egg
    2 slices of honey ham
  • BobTheMad
    BobTheMad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast consists of a Granny Smith apple, sliced with some low-fat peanut butter on it.
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter chocolate protein shake (12 grams PB2 powdered peanut butter, 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk, one serving of Creamy Chocolate protein powder). Keeps me full.
  • ninadrunner
    ninadrunner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    One medium banana plus one tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter
  • thedietpilot
    thedietpilot Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    I'd take your first breakfast, switch out one piece of toast for some fruit, and then eat that.

Today I had two scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, some grape tomatoes, and coffee mixed with 1 cup 2% milk.

My general breakfast template is the coffee with milk, a protein (eggs, yogurt, or cottage cheese), and fruit or veggies. Sometimes I add bacon in there too.

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess the key point you are recommending is to swap out one slice of bread with a piece of fruit = bread is loaded with "bad carbs", whereas I need to ensure that I have at least one serving of fruit / vegetable to start the day.

I can definitely live with one less slice of bread! :smile:

And judging by your breakfast, you definitely aren't loading up on any "bad" carbs.

I'll try it later in the week, on a day when I can't fight my craving to have eggs.

Yeah I know that in the past when I had toast I always had two slices at a time. For whatever reason I felt like it had to come in pairs, like shoes :smiley: I don't eat a whole lot of bread right now (recovering bread addict) but it is nice to have with eggs so I can see still wanting to keep one slice.

Yes... I am addicted to bread and to rice. It will require some creativity and ingenuity, and some effort, to come up with satisfying meal alternatives that don't require bread or rice to enjoy.
  • thedietpilot
    Options
    "Breakfast food" does not satisfy me until lunchtime so I usually have dinner for breakfast. This morning I had left-over KFC grilled chicken breast with green beans and brown rice.

"Dinner for breakfast".... Interesting concept. I'm sure it holds you over until lunch.... But then how does the rest of your day go in terms of lunch, dinner, snacks, and staying within your target calorie limit?
  • thedietpilot
    Options
    Two jumbo eggs fried over medium in real butter, 2 strips of very thick bacon, pan fried. 16oz coffee with 2 tbsp heavy cream.

500ish cals

ETA: I only eat two "meals" per day, so my breakfast is never earlier than 11am and sometimes as late as 2pm. I may have the coffee earlier (I am up at 6:15 every weekday and most Saturdays), but the food is nearly always later.

Hmm.... When I am not dieting, I usually end up having days where my breakfast is 500 calories too.... I suppose it could be possible to maintain a 1500 to 1800 calorie diet day, if each meal was equally 500 to 600 calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Today was a banana and a Zone Perfect bar, as I had to be at work majorly early and wasn't getting a lunch break. But that means a turkey sausage/egg burrito for lunch now that I'm home!
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My week day breakfast is usually:
    whole grain english muffin with low fat cheese (either cheddar or laughing cow)
    2 egg whites with 1/2 cup Jimmy Dean Turkey crumbles
    1 flavored low fat Greek yogurt
    (typically 370-395 calories, tons of protein and so satisfying)

or
    a green smoothie consisting of:
    1/4 cup oats
    a serving of kale (85 grams)
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    1 cup of frozen fruit (I like a mixture of mango, peaches, pineapple and bananas)
    1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (for a little zip)
    - a dash of red cayenne pepper - for even more zip if I need it
    this is less calories and still amazing but I often will pack a Quest Bar with me for a morning snack if I have this because I usually want a little something to actually chew at some point during the morning.

Either way I have lots of black coffee (I'll let myself have a tbsp of sugarfree creamer with my first cup, but after that black) and water throughout the morning
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Coffee. That's always my breakfast. I generally don't eat until lunch.
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Smoothie - 300 cal
    -Mango popsicle thrown in
    -Banana
    -PB2 powder
    -Hint of Cinnamon
    -A little water

Crackers -120 cal
    Granola bar- 70 cal
    Cashew and pumpkin seeds - 100 cal

A bigger breakfast than usually but I've going to save my calories for later on during the day :P
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    3 eggs scrambled with american cheese and 4 slices of bacon
  • beavislong
    beavislong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    4 egg white muffins with green pepper, black olive, onions and green chilis. 31 calories each
    2 Cuties
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    A smoothie of yogurt, fruit, almond milk and a packet of Crystal light energy powder mix and either egg white omelette or oatmeal. All things I make the night before to avoid being rushed in the morning.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Single K Cup Starbucks Pike Roast w/ two tbsp of HWC and Davinci SF Vanilla