2500 calories - how?

Options

Replies

• blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    Throw in a few glasses of orange juice, some extra chicken, cheese, peanut butter, etc. Higher calorie options will get you there.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    If you think your maintenance is somewhere around 2150, why are you trying to eat 2500 if you want to only gain 1lb a month? 2lbs a month might be easier to gauge results with though, btw. I mean, for your goal, 2300 would possibly be enough, maybe 2350, for a suuuper slow bulk.

Also you're just shooting down everyone's recommendations for how to increase calories. Has nothing to do with getting fiber or vitamins etc. These recommendations are made because they are low volume, high calorie items that can help someone reach a calorie goal if satiety is already setting in.

Eat two of these a day
    SGB-single-GDS1.jpg

Trust me, they are high calorie, non-filling, and you'll want the whole box. You could probably eat the whole box to meet more than half of your day's calorie needs and be hungry within a few hours.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    If you think your maintenance is somewhere around 2150, why are you trying to eat 2500 if you want to only gain 1lb a month? 2lbs a month might be easier to gauge results with though, btw. I mean, for your goal, 2300 would possibly be enough, maybe 2350, for a suuuper slow bulk.

Also you're just shooting down everyone's recommendations for how to increase calories. Has nothing to do with getting fiber or vitamins etc. These recommendations are made because they are low volume, high calorie items that can help someone reach a calorie goal if satiety is already setting in.

Eat two of these a day
    SGB-single-GDS1.jpg

Trust me, they are high calorie, non-filling, and you'll want the whole box. You could probably eat the whole box to meet more than half of your day's calorie needs and be hungry within a few hours.
    I'm actually aiming for about 2250-2300, but my point was that with the foods I'm eating it's not always easy to reach my target.

What I meant was that high fiber foods do tend to be filling. I wasn't suggesting that the OP increase intake of satiating foods, but at the same time I personally wouldn't recommend adding tons of junk food without a fair amount of nutritious food as well (unless health is not much of a concern). I do agree though that sweets and other foods low in nutrients can definitely help in getting in more calories (as I've found).

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    (Accidental double post)
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    2 burgers from a local burger place will get you there

• SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    vladatwork wrote: »
    The day's almost over, I'm 1400 calories behind and if I so much as see another egg I'll barf.

How do you pack in so many calories daily?

Eat a little more every day this week than you did last week. Repeat.

I used to think about 2500 was a lot of food. Now it's just average. I recently increased from 2900 to 3200 now THAT feels like a lot of food. My point is anything more than what you ate for the last few weeks feels like a lot of food.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner using calorie-dense (or at least NON-diet / "lite" )foods, PLANNED snacks (planned as much as the meals are), and the occasional microwaveable / easy-prep calorie bomb worked for me. And I'm not joking about the calorie bomb. Back when I was looking at 3500-4000 calories a day, a microwave hamburger or frozen waffles were sometimes a late-night snack.
  • FrankNittyII
    FrankNittyII Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The question that seems to be absent here is, "Are you trying to lose, maintain, or gain?" In either case, depending on your daily calorie intake. As long as you eat 65% of your daily calorie intake, your fine. So if your daily calorie intake is 2000 and you eat 1200 to 1400, your still within the safety net. But, you want to find foods that allow you to reach your Daily Calorie Intake goals.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Eat two of these a day
    SGB-single-GDS1.jpg

What are these and where do I find them? They need to get in my belly ASAP!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    , but my point was that with the foods I'm eating it's not always easy to reach my target.

easy solution- change what foods you are eating.

this is not rocket science.

As long as you eat 65% of your daily calorie intake, your fine.

You must be new at bulking.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken and waffles, easy
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

Eat two of these a day
    SGB-single-GDS1.jpg

Looks like pecans encased in caramel with chocolate. Looks heavenly.
    Probably the first and last time I agree with you.

Found them: http://www.purdys.com/Sweet-Georgia-Browns-P293C17.aspx?hp=sr_sgb

Only 8 in a box? I want a box of 800. Now, that's a meal!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

Eat two of these a day
    SGB-single-GDS1.jpg

Looks like pecans encased in caramel with chocolate. Looks heavenly.
    Probably the first and last time I agree with you.

:'(
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    img_6941_6018.JPEG
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    4e2d120b9b5278208c4ec9bfebcb162a.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    OP you can join our peanut butter jar eating competition too. That should get you more/extra calories!
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I love these posts and the Questions - a guy with only one post, and no profile makes a fake ID, asks a dumb Q - and it turns into a life debate for people. Cyber 'Timewasting" is an art . . . . . .

I don't believe it's a random person with a fake ID; I believe MFP has their staff create fake questions in order to make the forums look more active than they actually are. That's why none of these 1-off questions ever contain the information needed to actually answer the question.

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Chocolate Milkshake, one of those is like... 900 calories