2500 calories - how?

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Bagels and ice cream. Just not together.
    Cinnamon raisin bagel with coffee ice cream on it? I dunno it could work!

• thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Avocado, Nuts, Greek Yougart, Peanut butter, pasta just to name a few... Protien Shakes are high cal,add in some of that peanut butter to it and a banana --it adds up quick

eggs are great but it takes a lot of eggs to add up your limit
    Elliot Hulse strength camp on youtube is always a great reference I go to with questions like that
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    want to add a lot of calories *and* a lot of nutrition? raw pumpkin seeds. Contain carbs, fats, protein, loads of minerals. Tasty too.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nuts! Put peanut butter or almond butter on the bagel. Skippy makes peanut butter with honey added, it's addictive.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    If you think your maintenance is somewhere around 2150, why are you trying to eat 2500 if you want to only gain 1lb a month? 2lbs a month might be easier to gauge results with though, btw. I mean, for your goal, 2300 would possibly be enough, maybe 2350, for a suuuper slow bulk.

Also you're just shooting down everyone's recommendations for how to increase calories. Has nothing to do with getting fiber or vitamins etc. These recommendations are made because they are low volume, high calorie items that can help someone reach a calorie goal if satiety is already setting in.

Eat two of these a day
    SGB-single-GDS1.jpg

Trust me, they are high calorie, non-filling, and you'll want the whole box. You could probably eat the whole box to meet more than half of your day's calorie needs and be hungry within a few hours.

What are these and where do I find them? They need to get in my belly ASAP!
    Looks like pecans encased in caramel with chocolate. Looks heavenly.
    Fried chicken and waffles, easy
    Probably the first and last time I agree with you.

Found them: http://www.purdys.com/Sweet-Georgia-Browns-P293C17.aspx?hp=sr_sgb

Only 8 in a box? I want a box of 800. Now, that's a meal!

They are like 200 calories for 1 or 2 of them? They are SO worth it. And basically one fo the reasons everyone should move to Canada
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I so wish I had this problem! I eat 2300 calories per day of healthy food and wish I could eat more!
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    If you think your maintenance is somewhere around 2150, why are you trying to eat 2500 if you want to only gain 1lb a month? 2lbs a month might be easier to gauge results with though, btw. I mean, for your goal, 2300 would possibly be enough, maybe 2350, for a suuuper slow bulk.

Also you're just shooting down everyone's recommendations for how to increase calories. Has nothing to do with getting fiber or vitamins etc. These recommendations are made because they are low volume, high calorie items that can help someone reach a calorie goal if satiety is already setting in.

Eat two of these a day
    SGB-single-GDS1.jpg

Trust me, they are high calorie, non-filling, and you'll want the whole box. You could probably eat the whole box to meet more than half of your day's calorie needs and be hungry within a few hours.

What are these and where do I find them? They need to get in my belly ASAP!
    Looks like pecans encased in caramel with chocolate. Looks heavenly.
    Fried chicken and waffles, easy
    Probably the first and last time I agree with you.

Found them: http://www.purdys.com/Sweet-Georgia-Browns-P293C17.aspx?hp=sr_sgb

Only 8 in a box? I want a box of 800. Now, that's a meal!

They are like 200 calories for 1 or 2 of them? They are SO worth it. And basically one fo the reasons everyone should move to Canada

I think it's an excellent reason to move to Canada.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I can never understand posts like this. I'm a small female and my goal is currently set to 2050 calories per day. I have absolutely no trouble hitting that amount (infact, I regularly end up nearer 2500 on weekends) and could easily eat more. I'm sensitive to sugar (it gives me insomnia) so I'm mostly eating stuff that is considered 'nutritious' (though, for what its worth, I see no problem whatsoever in making up the extra cals with cake, chocolate, ice-cream, etc - I'd totally be doing that myself if I could!) and never have I once had trouble reaching my goal. I do eat quite a lot of nuts, seeds, and nut butters though and those are pretty calorie dense.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm still hungry if I only eat 2,500 calories... and I'm not bulking. It's not that hard.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    I can never understand posts like this. I'm a small female and my goal is currently set to 2050 calories per day. I have absolutely no trouble hitting that amount (infact, I regularly end up nearer 2500 on weekends) and could easily eat more. I'm sensitive to sugar (it gives me insomnia) so I'm mostly eating stuff that is considered 'nutritious' (though, for what its worth, I see no problem whatsoever in making up the extra cals with cake, chocolate, ice-cream, etc - I'd totally be doing that myself if I could!) and never have I once had trouble reaching my goal. I do eat quite a lot of nuts, seeds, and nut butters though and those are pretty calorie dense.

I feel the same. Even at 2700 calories/day I still have to save up a little if I'm going to have pizza for dinner...because I will eat the whole thing.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    This has kind of been mentioned before, but I think a lot of issues with people either struggling to reach a target or struggling not to exceed their maintenance is in the type of food being eaten. I haven't actually tested this out, but depending on exactly what I eat I do believe I could have the same satiety on 1800 calories as 2400 calories. If you eat a lot of high fiber foods and/or low calorie fruits and vegetables, you're probably going to be fuller than eating the same volume of some types of other foods (like cakes, pies).

But for those struggling to reach maintenance (or surplus if bulking), adding fat to certain foods can definitely go a long way. I cooked potatoes yesterday and I'm sure I added at least an extra 100 calories from cooking them in oil.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    I cooked potatoes yesterday and I'm sure I added at least an extra 100 calories from cooking them in oil.

Gee thanks, now all I can think about is home fries or hash browns...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    put cheese on everything?
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    put cheese on everything?

And things that don't work with cheese, put PB on. /thread
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    when i have a higher activity day and need to hit closer to 3000 - 3500 for maintenance I'll usually go through like a litre of ice cream. And I like crunchy bits in my ice cream so i'll add granola. and sometimes peanut butter. mmmm....that'll be easily 1500 - 2000 to snack on througout the evening.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    really?

eat some cheese i dunno.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I really struggled (and just failed) to hit my goal of 5,000 cals one day last month. Probably because I skipped lunch. :smiley:

"Empty calories" helped me cycle a long way though.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Bagels and ice cream. Just not together.
    Cinnamon raisin bagel with coffee ice cream on it? I dunno it could work!

Or french fries and ice cream... together... MMM....

Man I wish I had this problem, I'd be skinny in no time!!
    Problem easily solved, breakfast, lunch, and dinner at fast food places and restaurants EVERYDAY!! That's how I got fat in the first place.

Just my lunch yesterday was about 1000 calories...

PHSSSHH... bagels and coffee... well, if you get a venti starbucks special coffees with whipped cream and syrup and all that goodness, and slather a whole lot of cream cheese on that bagel... guarantee a lot of calories right there. Man... I'm making myself hungry again. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ice cream is ok
    anything like oats and banana and honey and milk all mixed for breakfast
    burgers a couple try to avoid fries
  • Fishhook2
    Options
    I'm not sure what to think here. If your goal is only 2500 calories/day and you are 1400 behind, that means that you can only eat 1100 calories/day? That is nothing, seriously, my snacking alone is around 2500 calories in a day. I do not eat much breakfast, maybe a glass of milk before I leave for work and then a few bucket loads of coffee when I get into my office. Lunch, I might have 300 - 500 calories, because I grab something as I'm running out the door, a few sandwiches, leftovers, etc. Suppertime, I eat maybe 1600 - 2000. Then snacking and eating between meals I might eat another 2500 or so. 1100 calories and I'd be starved. I'm not a big guy either, I'm 6' tall and weigh 150lbs. Eat Pasta with meat in it. What kinds of stuff are you eating regularly? I mean if you are eating all salad and veggies, then I could see the problem. You need to be more specific. Good luck to ya.