How much weight do you expect to gain by New Year?

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Zero, zilch, zip, nil, nought, nothing.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I expect to lose 5 pounds.
  • VCopple
    VCopple Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lose 2lbs per week this holiday season! My fat weight is on special! Everything must go!!!!

^^^Lol! Glad to see people with a sense of humor :D I anticipate maintenance. I have maintained since July, but I still have 20 pounds to go. My difficulty comes with inactivity. I work for a school and usually log 7500 steps every day just walking around. MFP usually gives me about 300 extra calories for this, but we will be on break for three weeks, so I need to actively remind myself to move.

I saw a few elliptical machines on craigslist which I hope will still be for sale closer to my pay date so that I can buy myself an early Christmas present. :blush:
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Based on my goals from a few months ago, I planned to gain 7 more pounds this year. As I started a bit too slow, I'm thinking a 4 pound gain to round out the year is a reasonable goal.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't expect to gain weight. I may be overly optimistic but I am also filled with a lot of determination right now. I feel really positive about how I'm doing and don't intend to throw away any progress for a moment with a stupid plate of cookies or eating past fullness.
    I know I can eat any food I want any time as long as I don't go crazy and stay active.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I plan to be in the 150s by NYE, but if I'm in the lower 160s I'm not going to be upset. Nothing is going to put me in reverse at this point.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have been on maintenance for the past two Christmas seasons and did not gain weight. I don't plan to gain any this year either. I will exercise, allocate my calories to include treats and keep living. Isn't that what "lifestyle change" means? It means that all of my holiday celebrations don't revolve around food. And that when I choose to indulge, I plan for it.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm trying for 2-3lbs

My biggest goal is to hit a135x8 front squat 100x8 bench and 150x5 dead lift (body weight!!!)
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    None
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to gain a thing. I LOST weight over Thanksgiving and I had 2 different family dinners. I plan on simply shuffling calories around like the ultimate game of Tetris when December gets here. Gonna lose lose weight like a Boss.
  • erichegwer
    erichegwer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I expect to break the 250# threshold by loosing another 7 lbs.
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Let's be realistic, it's something that happens only once a year, so I'm not avoiding any of the food you only get... well, now already. Yeah, unhealthy, yeah, portion control, yeah, weight gain, yeah, whatever about creating healthy habits. But I didn't get here just because I only overate during holidays, so I guess that mayyyyyybe 3kg (sorry, sounds worse than it is to make the math to convert to pounds lol).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I'll lose 5-7 pounds
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    300 lbs
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,120 Member
    Options
    I expect to lose. I will eat a lot on individual days (Christmas, New Years and a few others) but will be right back at it the next day.
  • Keevy333
    Keevy333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have no plans on gaining. Hopefully worst case scenario I will maintain my current weight. If not it would be great to reach my goal (9 pounds). I figure as long as I can keep my overeating holiday meals to just those holidays and keep up my normal mostly healthy eating and exercise, I should be able to maintain or continue to lose. BUT... it is also my first holiday season with my new lifestyle so we shall see! Good luck to everyone on this challenge!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I expect any weight gained to be from water weight and it all to be limited to New Years Eve. It's the only night of the year we allow ourselves to drink an excessive amount of alcohol and I will not be counting my calories.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I'm hoping to stay on track and lose 7-8 pounds by Jan. 1 but I won't deny that it will be very difficult to stay the course.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Im so excited about this! I plan on adding 10 pounds to my bench, 25 to my squat and -fingers crossed- 10 on my OHP!!!!!!

Epic
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has slowed down due to holidays and birthdays, but I don't anticipate gaining any weight. I do hope to be in the "healthy" range sometime in January.