This is ridiculous!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Never ever compare yourself with another... it can make it more frustrating and we never know what truly goes on in the life of another.
  • luciasprogress
    luciasprogress Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know this is technically only my second day, but I can say that I have lost 40 lb without even trying over the past three years just by becoming more secure with myself and taking care of my body better because I began to genuinely love and appreciate it after years of a lifetime of hating it. I had struggled with my weight so much, and when I finally put weight loss to the side and decided I had to be comfortable with my body the way it was, that was the first time I began losing weight (although it was slow and I didn't even notice for a long time). I stopped eating of depression and self-hatred because I didn't hate myself anymore and I starting getting outside where I could be a bit more active because I no longer felt the need to hide myself from others. Of course I still have bad body image days now, but these are only once a week or so instead of 24/7 like it used to be, and when my body image is lacking I just try to focus on other things. Now it's time to lost the last 40 (I'm hoping a bit faster now that it's on purpose), and I am determined never to stop loving my body along the way.
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    Options
    sun_fish wrote: »
    yoovie wrote: »
    because motivation isnt the secret ingredient.

it's commitment.

Agreed.

and just to reiterate this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10017066/my-last-word-on-motivation
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    actually, i lost 35 pounds and it was pretty easy for me.