What 1 month of tracking faithfully has shown me...

Options
that unless I stay within my allotted calorie range I will not lose weight :-(

Things I did right...I logged into MFP daily. I made healthy meal/snack choices. I tracked "everything" honestly. I got 10,000 plus steps in daily with my trusty FitBit.

Things I did wrong... I went over my allotted calorie range almost every day & I drank too much red wine too often *blush*

I'm excited to see what the next month of tracking faithfully, getting my 10,000 steps plus in per day AND staying within my calorie range each day (red wine off the menu until I get a handle on this) will bring to me.

I've been around the block a few times with regards to weight loss/re-gain and truth be told, it's just really getting old. I have a milestone birthday coming up in December and I'd like to be well on my way to a happier healthier "me"... fit & fabulous at 50 does sound good :-)

If you're reading this, and like me, you've got a lot of weight to lose OR you've already accomplished what I want, and there's that chance I can be inspired by your daily commitment, and lend support in return, let's be friends!

Thanks for reading... positive energy sent my way greatly appreciated :-)

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Positive energy sent
  • ironlionzion86
    ironlionzion86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You just have to want it enough... and have your red wine still... just watch how much you have. Your body is used to you having it... but yeah if you have 3 glasses every night, that's different than 1 glass. Good luck in your journey! Want it enough and you will have it!
  • monicabroadbentswearingen
    Options
    I am 52 and yes we all need support. This app really helps a person realize what we are sticking in our mouth and how it affects us as far a weight. If you lie on here your just lying to yourself right. This has been an up and down struggle for me for 22 yrs. Done using excuses and doing something about it. Hope I can be a support and visa versa .
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
    I'm a 49 year old wine drinker at maintenance. It can be done.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Exactly....
    We're very similar... only my "wine" is cookies... lol.
    Like you, I'm logging, getting in my exercise, etc., but I'm generally eating back all of my exercise calories and sometimes more. (again, those damn cookies, lol)
    Even with the "bad days" and knowing I could have done a lot better, I've still lost 51lbs., for which I am truly thrilled. On the other hand, I know it could have been 60 by now.
    SO...hi-ho, hi-ho, it's back on track I go!! I want to get it together and REALLY see what I can do. I'm 51 and will be 52 next month, so again... I feel you!
    Much positive energy and Hugs coming your way!! : )
  • 1pjah7
    1pjah7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The things you did right are probably the most important ones...now all you need to do is tweak your choices to keep food intake at your calorie range. I have that same problem....but the way I look at it, it's a process. You are training yourself to undo some bad food choices and bad food habits and that takes more than a month.

Also, I probably have gone over my intake half the time in 3 months and have still managed to lose 27 lbs. I've got the big 60 coming up in December and hope to celebrate my 61st at goal weight.

Definitely sending you positive thoughts and wishing you success on your journey!
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Loved your post. I'm creeping towards 50 (next August). Wishing you the best of luck. It is not easy at any age. I'm a Pinot Grigio girl myself so I feel your pain! Feel free to add me. Support makes everything better. Have a great weekend!
  • LaurenCheek
    LaurenCheek Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use FitBit and track religiously as well! I find that drinking even one alcoholic beverage, even half a glass of wine, leaves me ravenous and lacking in self control. For now, I will need to abstain completely. It just makes it harder to stay on track.. And losing weight is hard enough as it is.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You have such a great attitude. I find that reframing my "failures" as just signals to pay attention to has helped a lot. Being honest, yet positive. Tweaking my eating and really assessing why my weight loss is stalled (which it is right now), while being cheerful about the process, is essential. You're doing great! I found your post inspiring.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I see 50 up ahead as well. I'm almost done with the weight loss part of my fitness journey, but still have struggles. My weakness is sweets. Now, I'm really focusing on the fitness/exercise side of the coin. That part is proving to be surprisingly fun and satisfying so far. Oh....and I post/login fairly frequently. Feel free to send a FR if you want.
  • bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am down to the last 20 pounds to goal. I know from prior attempts that this is the hardest time for me to stay on track. I start with "I am almost to goal, these cookies will be ok" and the next thing I know the scale is going in the other direction again. I am determined to get there and stay there this time! If you think we could help each other stay on track, please friend me.
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    Exactly....
    We're very similar... : )

No kidding! I thought you were the same person! You could be twins based on your profile pics! :-)

and good luck OP!!! you got this!!!

• lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Positive energy sent
    Got it!!! Thanks :-)

• lynder64
    Options
    You just have to want it enough... and have your red wine still... just watch how much you have. Your body is used to you having it... but yeah if you have 3 glasses every night, that's different than 1 glass. Good luck in your journey! Want it enough and you will have it![/quo

I look forward to the day when I can enjoy "a glass" and not have it effect me in a negative manner (gobble gobble, munch munch) Until then... I really want this :-)
  • lynder64
    Options
    You can do this!
    I'm a 49 year old wine drinker at maintenance. It can be done.

YAY!!! Something to look forward to :-) Congrats on making it to maintenance!!!
  • lynder64
    Options
    Exactly....
    We're very similar... only my "wine" is cookies... lol.
    Like you, I'm logging, getting in my exercise, etc., but I'm generally eating back all of my exercise calories and sometimes more. (again, those damn cookies, lol)
    Even with the "bad days" and knowing I could have done a lot better, I've still lost 51lbs., for which I am truly thrilled. On the other hand, I know it could have been 60 by now.
    SO...hi-ho, hi-ho, it's back on track I go!! I want to get it together and REALLY see what I can do. I'm 51 and will be 52 next month, so again... I feel you!
    Much positive energy and Hugs coming your way!! : )

Oh WOW!!! Good job on the 51lbs gone!!! *jealous* ;-)

Too funny in the wine vs cookie comparison...

• lynder64
    Options
    1pjah7 wrote: »
    The things you did right are probably the most important ones...now all you need to do is tweak your choices to keep food intake at your calorie range. I have that same problem....but the way I look at it, it's a process. You are training yourself to undo some bad food choices and bad food habits and that takes more than a month.

Also, I probably have gone over my intake half the time in 3 months and have still managed to lose 27 lbs. I've got the big 60 coming up in December and hope to celebrate my 61st at goal weight.

Definitely sending you positive thoughts and wishing you success on your journey!

Thank you for your thoughts :-)
  • lynder64
    Options
    You're doing great! I found your post inspiring.[/quote]

Thank you for your kind words :-)

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Getting used to logging is great now try to stay under your calories goal. The wine is fine as long as you remain under your calorie goal. Good Luck

29509743.png
  • lynder64
    Options
    Exactly....
    We're very similar... : )

No kidding! I thought you were the same person! You could be twins based on your profile pics! :-)

and good luck OP!!! you got this!!!

Thanks! :-)