Herbalife, Advocare, or Beachbody?

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am doing calorie counting but as a single mom of three little girls I don't have a lot of time to make breakfast in the morning (their school serves all kids breakfast) so I was hoping to find something quick and easy. Im trying to stop skipping beeakfast.

try eggs. or toast. or cereal. or pop tarts. or a muffin.

eta: RIP in peace, OPs inbox.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    much more cost effective to do a protein shake with Whey and take a multi vitamin
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I will go with D - none….

why do you can't you just eat real food and maintain a calorie deficit AND save your money …?

^^^^^
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    much more cost effective to do a protein shake with Whey and take a multi vitamin

Or soy or rice.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Eat real food.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I can choose D) none of the above.

If you're just looking for a replacement shake for ease of getting in calories, make your own. Protein powder, chia seeds, some green veggies, and a banana or strawberries.

If you're just looking for a "quick fix" to lose weight, count calories, eat in a deficit, and move more. No shakes/supplements/fat burners/garbage required.

ETA: Just saw your response. Have you tried meal prepping for breakfast? I cook all of my breakfasts on Sunday afternoon, microwave, and enjoy during the week. There are several easy meal ideas you can prep on the weekends to enjoy during the week:
    overnight oats
    egg muffins
    hardboiled eggs with toast
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Something as simple as peanut butter on toast, Greek yogurt, etc. Try that before wasting your money.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I haven't used any of them BUT I have had a problem with having time for breakfast. I sometimes cook up some chicken breasts in the oven or egg muffins once or twice a week, Quest bars, or shakes I get from Vitamin Shoppe or the grocery store.

One of my favorite shakes (I've only ever found it at one store), is called Rockin' Refuel. 30 grams of protein, tasty, and I've never paid more than $1.50 a bottle.
  • tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Herbalife IMO is crap, I would rather buy a big container of Cellucor whey protein to get my protein in for the day. Never heard of Advocare and Beachbody has awesome workouts but I think there Ultimate Reset is stupid and there Shakeology tastes horrible. Beachbody workouts made me finally fall in love with working out. I started with T25, then 21 day fix (just the workouts not the containers), Les mills Combat, and now Body Beast and have lost about 40 lbs this year.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just make a protein shake yourself. You can pickup protein powder almost anywhere nowadays and it'll be so much cheaper than those 3 listed! Mix it with milk or water, add in some fruit/veggies/yogurt or whatever else you like.

I have tried the chocolate shakeology before and I did like it, but it just costs way too much! Sure it was yummy, but still not worth that price tag!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My dad sells Herbalife, I sell Advocare and several friends sell Beachbody Shakeology. In my opinion, the best tasting is Shakeology. I use Herbalife because my dad gives it to me for free...can't beat free.

Hey, she said she wanted reviews from actual customers, not distributors. I don't think you qualify to give a non-biased review.
    How is my review biased when I clearly indicate that I prefer the meal replacement shake that doesn't come from the company I'm a distributor for?

You always pop into the Advocare threads with something awesome to say about it. And seeing as how the OP doesn't have access to free Herbalife or discounted Advocare, I don't see how your review is helpful.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning was Greek yogurt. Other mornings, I do cottage cheese and canned peaches. Lots of protein, super filling, takes 2 minutes to prepare (I prep it at the beginning of the week and take on the go in the mornings). You'll stretch your dollar a lot more that way than spending your hard-earned money on gimmicky products.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My dad sells Herbalife, I sell Advocare and several friends sell Beachbody Shakeology. In my opinion, the best tasting is Shakeology. I use Herbalife because my dad gives it to me for free...can't beat free.

Hey, she said she wanted reviews from actual customers, not distributors. I don't think you qualify to give a non-biased review.
    How is my review biased when I clearly indicate that I prefer the meal replacement shake that doesn't come from the company I'm a distributor for?

You always pop into the Advocare threads with something awesome to say about it. And seeing as how the OP doesn't have access to free Herbalife or discounted Advocare, I don't see how your review is helpful.

I didn't say anything "awesome" about Advocare. I simply stated that I'm a distributor, that I actually use the Herbalife because it's free though obviously not the best tasting, and that taste wise, which is what the OP was asking for opinions on, Shakeology tastes the best. I don't get free or discounted Shakeology. Therefore, my opinion is relevant. If I was spouting how amazing Advocare is, that'd be different. But I'm not. I'm giving my unbiased opinion that Shakeology is the best tasting out of the three that she asked about.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I am doing calorie counting but as a single mom of three little girls I don't have a lot of time to make breakfast in the morning (their school serves all kids breakfast) so I was hoping to find something quick and easy. Im trying to stop skipping beeakfast.

1. Why are you trying to eat breakfast? Do you get hungry for lunch very early? Do you feel drained? Do you snack?
    2. Have you considered making your own protein shakes/buying protein shakes if you're trying to hit protein macros. I think lite chocolate muscle milk tastes good when you cut it with soy milk (it's a bit thick).
    3. Have you considered snack food? I personally prefer carbs in the morning. Granola bars are easy to toss in your car in a pinch and eat on the go. High fiber keeps me full longer.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I tried Shakeology for a bit; I thought it tasted pretty good .. *shrug*
  • tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    and for breakfast I drink a protein shake with Almond milk and 6tbsp of egg white and that holds me for a few hours, make it every night so I just grab and go in the morning :smiley:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to comment on the 3 programs mentioned, but I will speak to the lack of time - overnight oats! Make them the night before, chuck them in the fridge and then in the morning, eat - or nuke and eat!
    As well, a slow cooker for oatmeal, or slow cooker french toast works.
    Frozen breakfast burritos, breakfast quiches.. you can make the lack of time work for you with a little bit of prep work the evening before!
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I do not sell Advocare but I am a customer. I use the MNS3 supplement packs. It is kind of expensive. Of course the girl I buy from wants me to start selling it but I'm not ready for that. MNS3 works best for me. if been taking them for almost 6 months. I've lost 54 lbs. It helps curb my appetite and I don't get the strong crazy cravings I use to. It has probiotics in it along with stuff like garlic, Omega 3, green tea extract and all the other typical vitamins and minerals. Spark is great but it to much for me with the MNS3. I have tried their breakfast bars but I only buy them on sale. I know people say don't buy these type of things because it's expensive. But I have a cousin who is a doctor. She has been telling me for years that if you want good supplements you have to spend the money. The stuff in the drugstores are a weaker version. That's why they are cheaper.

I'm not into meal replacement shakes. I do make eggs in the microwave sometimes. Hungry Girl has several recipes or you can Google mug eggs. It only takes 5 minutes prep included. I use whole eggs but you can use egg whites or egg beaters.
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I do not sell Advocare but I am a customer. I use the MNS3 supplement packs. It is kind of expensive. Of course the girl I buy from wants me to start selling it but I'm not ready for that. MNS3 works best for me. if been taking them for almost 6 months. I've lost 54 lbs. It helps curb my appetite and I don't get the strong crazy cravings I use to. It has probiotics in it along with stuff like garlic, Omega 3, green tea extract and all the other typical vitamins and minerals. Spark is great but it to much for me with the MNS3. I have tried their breakfast bars but I only buy them on sale. I know people say don't buy these type of things because it's expensive. But I have a cousin who is a doctor. She has been telling me for years that if you want good supplements you have to spend the money. The stuff in the drugstores are a weaker version. That's why they are cheaper.

I'm not into meal replacement shakes. I do make eggs in the microwave sometimes. Hungry Girl has several recipes or you can Google mug eggs. It only takes 5 minutes prep included. I use whole eggs but you can use egg whites or egg beaters.

While I don't discredit the great job you have done losing 54lbs, it is pretty common knowledge that the ingredients in these products are sub par. Whether a doctor told you that or not (tip: doctors don't know much about nutrition) makes little difference.

Not all doctors are ignorant to nutrition, though I do believe a lot are. My cousin (the doctor) and her husband who is also a doctor do study nutrition among a lot of other things. They are big into eating organic, no GMO, they are big into natural remedies.

You are all free to have a opinion. We all have them. I rarely reply to posts and this is why. The original poster is asking for opinions. We shouldn't be picking each others opinion's apart.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

While I don't discredit the great job you have done losing 54lbs, it is pretty common knowledge that the ingredients in these products are sub par. Whether a doctor told you that or not (tip: doctors don't know much about nutrition) makes little difference.

Not all doctors are ignorant to nutrition, though I do believe a lot are. My cousin (the doctor) and her husband who is also a doctor do study nutrition among a lot of other things. They are big into eating organic, no GMO, they are big into natural remedies.

You are all free to have a opinion. We all have them. I rarely reply to posts and this is why. The original poster is asking for opinions. We shouldn't be picking each others opinion's apart.

Just ignore them. They have nothing better to do :)

But...there was nothing "mean" about my post. It is known that those products use crappy ingredients, and it is known that most doctors don't know much about nutrition. I don't see how I said that in any way that would offend the person I was replying too.