Herbalife, Advocare, or Beachbody?

Options

Replies

• purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I didn't pick your opinion apart. I told you your opinion is wrong because my opinion, in this case, is actually a fact, and you can't argue facts ;)

Just remember Christopher Columbus discovering America was once a fact. Everyone finds a article. Reads some research and takes it for fact. It's all about what you believe.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    They're all equally delicious and do the same thing.

Try each out for a quarter and see which you like best.
  • dbmata
    Options
    They are big into eating organic, no GMO, they are big into natural remedies.
    I'd question their quality as service providers.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    egg whites topped with shredded cheese, an english muffin toasted with peanut butter, and a pint of milk. Made in 3 minutes. 40g protein.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Oatmeal!
  • dbmata
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I do not sell Advocare but I am a customer. I use the MNS3 supplement packs. It is kind of expensive. Of course the girl I buy from wants me to start selling it but I'm not ready for that. MNS3 works best for me. if been taking them for almost 6 months. I've lost 54 lbs. It helps curb my appetite and I don't get the strong crazy cravings I use to. It has probiotics in it along with stuff like garlic, Omega 3, green tea extract and all the other typical vitamins and minerals. Spark is great but it to much for me with the MNS3. I have tried their breakfast bars but I only buy them on sale. I know people say don't buy these type of things because it's expensive. But I have a cousin who is a doctor. She has been telling me for years that if you want good supplements you have to spend the money. The stuff in the drugstores are a weaker version. That's why they are cheaper.

I'm not into meal replacement shakes. I do make eggs in the microwave sometimes. Hungry Girl has several recipes or you can Google mug eggs. It only takes 5 minutes prep included. I use whole eggs but you can use egg whites or egg beaters.

While I don't discredit the great job you have done losing 54lbs, it is pretty common knowledge that the ingredients in these products are sub par. Whether a doctor told you that or not (tip: doctors don't know much about nutrition) makes little difference.

Not all doctors are ignorant to nutrition, though I do believe a lot are. My cousin (the doctor) and her husband who is also a doctor do study nutrition among a lot of other things. They are big into eating organic, no GMO, they are big into natural remedies.

You are all free to have a opinion. We all have them. I rarely reply to posts and this is why. The original poster is asking for opinions. We shouldn't be picking each others opinion's apart.

Just ignore them. They have nothing better to do :)

But...but....aren't you doing the same thing? You share your opinions on these boards quite frequently.

Yeah, I post frequently. I don't rip apart/nit pick people's opinions. There's a big difference.

Oh yes you most definitely do.

And I'm not judging. We all do. But get off your high horse because you are just like the rest of us.

I'm flattered you pay THAT much attention to me to know exactly what I do. I really am.

Only because the Ignore button is not a available on the new forums.

But you still took the time to reply to a post of mine. Get real honey.

Is turkish honey real honey? Cause that's what I'm cutting with coffee and mainlining right now.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I do not sell Advocare but I am a customer. I use the MNS3 supplement packs. It is kind of expensive. Of course the girl I buy from wants me to start selling it but I'm not ready for that. MNS3 works best for me. if been taking them for almost 6 months. I've lost 54 lbs. It helps curb my appetite and I don't get the strong crazy cravings I use to. It has probiotics in it along with stuff like garlic, Omega 3, green tea extract and all the other typical vitamins and minerals. Spark is great but it to much for me with the MNS3. I have tried their breakfast bars but I only buy them on sale. I know people say don't buy these type of things because it's expensive. But I have a cousin who is a doctor. She has been telling me for years that if you want good supplements you have to spend the money. The stuff in the drugstores are a weaker version. That's why they are cheaper.

I'm not into meal replacement shakes. I do make eggs in the microwave sometimes. Hungry Girl has several recipes or you can Google mug eggs. It only takes 5 minutes prep included. I use whole eggs but you can use egg whites or egg beaters.

While I don't discredit the great job you have done losing 54lbs, it is pretty common knowledge that the ingredients in these products are sub par. Whether a doctor told you that or not (tip: doctors don't know much about nutrition) makes little difference.

Not all doctors are ignorant to nutrition, though I do believe a lot are. My cousin (the doctor) and her husband who is also a doctor do study nutrition among a lot of other things. They are big into eating organic, no GMO, they are big into natural remedies.

You are all free to have a opinion. We all have them. I rarely reply to posts and this is why. The original poster is asking for opinions. We shouldn't be picking each others opinion's apart.

But...but....aren't you doing the same thing? You share your opinions on these boards quite frequently.

Yeah, I post frequently. I don't rip apart/nit pick people's opinions. There's a big difference.

And I'm not judging. We all do. But get off your high horse because you are just like the rest of us.

I'm flattered you pay THAT much attention to me to know exactly what I do. I really am.

Is turkish honey real honey? Cause that's what I'm cutting with coffee and mainlining right now.

But....but...all the sugarz?!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I love this thread.

tumblr_n47khjpqV51tx9vazo1_500.gif
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

But...there was nothing "mean" about my post. It is known that those products use crappy ingredients, and it is known that most doctors don't know much about nutrition. I don't see how I said that in any way that would offend the person I was replying too.

Obviously. Why do you think I advised OP to go to GNC and sample various protein powders?

I was making a GENERAL statement. Why do you think I said "just ignore them?" If it was directed at you, I would've posted "just ignore him."
  • dbmata
    Options

It's winter, how else am I going to grow out a proper double coat?
  • PRMinx
    Options

I love this thread.

tumblr_n47khjpqV51tx9vazo1_500.gif

It's delicious.
  • PRMinx
    Options

You're right. Just make sure you detox sufficiently in the Spring.
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    None of the above. Only know Herbalife, but if the other two are a similar thing, they're pyramid/ponzi scheme overpriced rubbish. Avoid like the plague. Proper nutrition, proper exercise.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Nobody says you have to eat breakfast. Save your calories for lunch and dinner.
    Plus: Drinking calories-less calories for chewing.
  • dbmata
    Options

You're right. Just make sure you detox sufficiently in the Spring.

Roger that, I'll put lay down a bottle of sailor jerry's this weekend in order for it to properly age.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I second the breakfast burrito idea. I'm currently eating a brand called "Good Food Made Simple". Wrap burrito in paper towel, microwave, eat. Total time: 90 seconds.

And so good. :smile:

I also have protein powder handy. Throw banana in Nutribullet, throw in a scoop of chocolate protein powder, blend. Total time: 60 seconds. (Edited to add: I also add milk. Doing it without liquid isn't a good idea, lol. My fingers are too fast.)

(I work full time + do graduate school, so I know exactly what you mean when you say "no time"!) But, yeah... those manufactured shakes aren't really a good idea, I think.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Yes, cause telling someone to ignore a poster (me) when I said nothing negative to the girl isn't nit picky at all....

• dbmata
    Options

Yes, cause telling someone to ignore a poster (me) when I said nothing negative to the girl isn't nit picky at all....

Just break up.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Let me start by saying if you sell these I would rather hear opinions from customers. Not to be rude but consultants have a reason to push a certain one.

What do you like best taste wise? What seems to be the beat for a breakfast shake?

how about just eat better? Why do you need to spend a crap ton of money on those things? Call me crazy, but all of that seems like a waste....