Weight Training at GYM

Options
2»

Replies

• lllprakritilll
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    100gr of chicken breast will net you about what, 25 grams of protein? Say you weight 60kg, rule of thumb when lifting is 1.6gr to 2.2gr protein per kg. You'd want 300-400gr+ of cooked chicken breast.

Ohh
  • lllprakritilll
    Options
    sing809 wrote: »
    If you are in pretty decent shape, start with compound exercises that work a lot of muscles at once. I like the leg press machine a lot. I just discovered strong lift 5x5, which only has 5 exercises so it is easy to learn. Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Presses, Overhead Lifts, and Upright Rows. There is a stronglift group on MFP specifically for women.

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Bodybuilding sites tend to recommend .8-1.1 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. I use the macros on MFP to try to get at least 30 percent of my calories from protein. Lean meat, eggs and egg whites, low fat dairy( especially cottage cheese and greek yogurt), and whey protein powder are all great sources of protein.

Thanks alot sweetie, fr such informative reply...
  • lllprakritilll
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    100gr of chicken breast will net you about what, 25 grams of protein? Say you weight 60kg, rule of thumb when lifting is 1.6gr to 2.2gr protein per kg. You'd want 300-400gr+ of cooked chicken breast.

Ohh ok

• ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    The advice is refreshingly good and that is nice to see. I agree you will be pleased if you add weight training as you will become smaller and toned might not loose weight on scale but inches and healthier and yes your body decides where it will drop the fat. When my protein was low I felt sluggish I had to up because of my level of activity beyond MFP and now feel a lot better. Protein is not to be feared It and healthy fats are good for you. Enjoy and have fun on your journey
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    j6o4 wrote: »
    Lifting weights in a caloric deficit helps you retain lean body mass while losing weight. To build muscle, you do the same thing but eat in a caloric surplus.

Oh okay..

this sounds like there is a question. Do you understand or do you need further clarification.

not being snarky- just actually asking.
  • lllprakritilll
    Options
    ucabucca wrote: »
    The advice is refreshingly good and that is nice to see. I agree you will be pleased if you add weight training as you will become smaller and toned might not loose weight on scale but inches and healthier and yes your body decides where it will drop the fat. When my protein was low I felt sluggish I had to up because of my level of activity beyond MFP and now feel a lot better. Protein is not to be feared It and healthy fats are good for you. Enjoy and have fun on your journey

Thanks... wil keep ur words in mind...
  • mrsroseblack
    mrsroseblack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I registered at bodybuilding.com and downloaded the free app bodyspace. Then I started following the Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer.. I'm on week 4 (of 12) and I am loving it! Tells you exactly what machines to use and there are even tips and videos to show you how to use the machines if you don't know how already.
  • lllprakritilll
    Options
    I registered at bodybuilding.com and downloaded the free app bodyspace. Then I started following the Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer.. I'm on week 4 (of 12) and I am loving it! Tells you exactly what machines to use and there are even tips and videos to show you how to use the machines if you don't know how already.

Ok , ll dwnload it soon. Thanks
  • lllprakritilll
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Lifting weights in a caloric deficit helps you retain lean body mass while losing weight. To build muscle, you do the same thing but eat in a caloric surplus.

Oh okay..

this sounds like there is a question. Do you understand or do you need further clarification.

JoRocka wrote: »

Oh okay..

Hey really THANKS... I GOT IT......
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i always struggle to get alot of protein in me. I eat chicken breasts and lots of eggs but i find protein powder helps me get it all in. Maybe you should look into that?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Turkey breasts actually have more protein in them than chicken ones, if you can find them. :)
  • lllprakritilll
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Turkey breasts actually have more protein in them than chicken ones, if you can find them. :)

I didnt find turkey
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Your body will decide where it wants the fat to be cut from. Trust me. Id like to reduce my belly....my body decides wrists are a good place to start :/

Yeah, what is that about?!? I mean, I'm glad I can put my own bracelet on now that my wrists are smaller, but seriously? Argh, for the love!
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (the nonfat stuff) has an excellent protein per calorie ratio. As does most fish and shrimp. And, surprisingly, pork chips, as long as they're prepared in a reasonable way.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Your body will decide where it wants the fat to be cut from. Trust me. Id like to reduce my belly....my body decides wrists are a good place to start :/

Yeah, what is that about?!? I mean, I'm glad I can put my own bracelet on now that my wrists are smaller, but seriously? Argh, for the love!

Yep. Meanwhile my body is expending all its energy on my wrists and my *kitten*? Nada
  • lllprakritilll
    lllprakritilll Posts: 20
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i always struggle to get alot of protein in me. I eat chicken breasts and lots of eggs but i find protein powder helps me get it all in. Maybe you should look into t

Yep. Meanwhile my body is expending all its energy on my wrists and my *kitten*? Nada
  • lllprakritilll
    Options

Lol