Protein mix in coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    Mix with cold coffee or milk first. Raw protein powder + heat = curdle city!
    I learned this the hard way!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Iced Mocha Coffee - throw in blender a cup of coffee, 1 scoop protein powder, 2 teaspoon dark chocolate syrup and ice. Yummy snack.

I use Whey for Her Protein. Very tasty stuff. If you wait awhile, they regularly have BOGO free sales and you can find free shipping coupons for them as well. Last 2 times I bought it, I paid $20 for 2lbs (2 cans), shipped free.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I had the curdling experiencing when trying to make a protein hot chocolate. I added chocolate protein powder to hot milk and it was an awful mess I couldn't swallow. I think I'll try it again though and use people's suggesting to mix it into cold liquid first and see if that helps.
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    Mix with cold coffee or milk first. Raw protein powder + heat = curdle city!

I brew my coffee over ice. Morning Roast coffee with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - Muscle Milk mixed in, tastes just like a Sbux high $ mix coffee.
  • CADAVER0USB0N3S
    CADAVER0USB0N3S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tried this once and it tasted totally disgusting and bitter. It might have been the brand of protein powder. In theory it sounds like it would work and be good...
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    weird this happens to people, I wonder what the difference is. I use V-core Vantage and it mixes right in, dump it right into hot coffee right out of the machine.