I'm in the process of trying all the Quest Bar flavours- mini review inside

Replies

• You can go on their website and get two free bars to sample. No charge totally free all it asks for is your name address and an email. You can opt in or out for more emails and offers. It let's you choose from three sets of two flavors. I think it said takes 4 to 6 weeks but who cares its free.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    The new flavour is Smores, they announced it today :)
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    You can go on their website and get two free bars to sample. No charge totally free all it asks for is your name address and an email. You can opt in or out for more emails and offers. It let's you choose from three sets of two flavors. I think it said takes 4 to 6 weeks but who cares its free.

Is that for the US only?
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    annette_15 wrote: »
    The new flavour is Smores, they announced it today :)

Ohhh, yum
  • Not sure if its in the US only so its worth a shot to try.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    My favorite flavor is Cookie Dough, microwaved 20 seconds. I also like chocolate chunk.
    People say they are expensive but $2 for 20g protein and a good amount of fiber doesn't seem that bad to me.

I have a box of Cinnamon Roll that I bought for the hubby, I will have to try one.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think my least favorite so far is the strawberry cheesecake.

I bought 12 of those off Amazon in Sept. I still have 6 left. I really don't like them!
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Has anyone here tried to make homemade quest bars?? (This way I don't burn multiple holes in my wallet)
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    White Chocolate Raspberry with a cup of tea or coffee... OMG SO good!!! GNC sells them here in Canada. Apparently for awhile now, but I just didn't frequent their store often enough to notice. Had been getting them shipped from the States $$$$ Happy Camper now that I can buy them in my own backyard :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Last year they had fantastic sales on their website around Black Friday, so keep an eye out. I still have a couple boxes to finish but I will probably get a couple more.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Has anyone here tried to make homemade quest bars?? (This way I don't burn multiple holes in my wallet)

I was thinking about that the other day. I think it'd be hard to find a correct recipe, plus - didn't their protein powder just become available? It would make sense to me if they never put it on the market, people making their own would be a loss for them.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Last year they had fantastic sales on their website around Black Friday, so keep an eye out. I still have a couple boxes to finish but I will probably get a couple more.

How do you not eat them? :( I have to buy them one at a time unfortunately.
  • If you are serious about what goes into your mouth, you are better off making your own bars with a protein powder you trust. I've found a vegan powder (although I'm not vegan) that is natural and can be used for a variety of things. Sun Warrior has vanilla, chocolate and a natural flavor that is relatively tasteless so you can add it to your soups, oatmeal, etc. or use it in baking. It is easy to make bars to store in the freezer to keep fresh, or make shakes. Quest bars and others like them are convenient, but they have ingredients that are questionable.
  • Francl27
    arditarose wrote: »

How do you not eat them? :( I have to buy them one at a time unfortunately.

I took a break. I don't know why.
    If you are serious about what goes into your mouth, you are better off making your own bars with a protein powder you trust. I've found a vegan powder (although I'm not vegan) that is natural and can be used for a variety of things. Sun Warrior has vanilla, chocolate and a natural flavor that is relatively tasteless so you can add it to your soups, oatmeal, etc. or use it in baking. It is easy to make bars to store in the freezer to keep fresh, or make shakes. Quest bars and others like them are convenient, but they have ingredients that are questionable.

Please enlighten me about what in Quest bars is questionable.

Also, homemade protein bars typically lack in fiber.
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    edited November 2014
    If you are serious about what goes into your mouth, you are better off making your own bars with a protein powder you trust. I've found a vegan powder (although I'm not vegan) that is natural and can be used for a variety of things. Sun Warrior has vanilla, chocolate and a natural flavor that is relatively tasteless so you can add it to your soups, oatmeal, etc. or use it in baking. It is easy to make bars to store in the freezer to keep fresh, or make shakes. Quest bars and others like them are convenient, but they have ingredients that are questionable.
    Please enlighten me about what in Quest bars is questionable.

Also, homemade protein bars typically lack in fiber.

I also have to question what you find questionable in these bars.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    I seriously love Quest bars. I was just asking my wife if it was weird that I'm looking forward to one tonight as a snack.... :-)
  • wealthygirl
    wealthygirl Posts: 40 Member
    edited November 2014
    I use to eat Zone Perfect bars until I tried Quest Bars a few weeks ago. Never going back to ZP. I bought the sampler sweetened w/Stevia & Erythritol and can't believe how delicious the majority of the flavors are and less than 3 grams of sugar (compared to 13g or more in ZP).

Not a huge fan of the coconut/cashew bar but I still eat it if I need the protein boost for the day. Can't quite pick a favorite because each one satisfies a different craving on any given day.

I eat them straight outta the wrapper, maybe I'll try them microwaved & baked as suggested by the original poster. Just ordered a few Quest flavors that use Sucralose (PB&J, Apple Pie, Chocolate Brownie). Anyone tried the Apple Pie flavor? Thoughts??
  • wealthygirl
    wealthygirl Posts: 40 Member
    edited November 2014
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    I seriously love Quest bars. I was just asking my wife if it was weird that I'm looking forward to one tonight as a snack.... :-)

I feel the same way...nice little treat after a good workout or long day. :smiley:
  • Francl27
    I use to eat Zone Perfect bars until I tried Quest Bars a few weeks ago. Never going back to ZP. I bought the sampler sweetened w/Stevia & Erythritol and can't believe how delicious the majority of the flavors are and less than 3 grams of sugar (compared to 13g or more in ZP).

Not a huge fan of the coconut/cashew bar but I still eat it if I need the protein boost for the day. Can't quite pick a favorite because each one satisfies a different craving on any given day.

I eat them straight outta the wrapper, maybe I'll try them microwaved & baked as suggested by the original poster. Just ordered a few Quest flavors that use Sucralose (PB&J, Apple Pie, Chocolate Brownie). Anyone tried the Apple Pie flavor? Thoughts??

I didn't care for the apple pie one.
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    More flavours!

Coconut Cashew

Straight up

This was pretty nice straight out of the pack, the texture seemed softer than a few of the other bars and it didn't have any of that weird protein powder flavour. It had a mild coconut taste, but I didn't sense any of the cashew

Microwaved

The bar was tasty microwaved, I feel like the coconut flavour came through even more, and even the texture seemed more like shredded coconut. Still tasted very little cashew.

Baked

This made a decent coconut biscuit, it would be great with a drizzle of dark chocolate on top for a real treat. I might have tasted a hint of cashew this time, but if it wasn't written on the wrapper I don't think I would even notice it.

All in all a pretty good bar if you are a fan of coconut, the lack of cashewy-ness is kind of disappointing- but the overall flavour is good.