What's For Breakfast, Everyone?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Pre-run, yogurt with some protein powder.

Post-run, vegetable omelet plus winter squash.
  • AviBZ
    AviBZ Posts: 23 Member
    Eggs on a bed of sauteed Swiss chard and garlic, with a bit of coarse salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    No breakfast. First meal is at lunch time
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    2 scrambled eggs, bacon, and 1/2 of a bagel topped with Earth Balance and cinnamon sugar
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Today was:
    *1/3 cup of egg whites
    *Some banana pepper slices
    *A medium Tim Hortons coffee, single cream, single sugar
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Protein bar and 7.5 oz Mountain Dew.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    edited November 2014
    1/2 of a Flax4Life Cranberry-Orange Muffin with 2 pieces of Turkey Bacon. (after a call at 0230) Then, when I got up at 0430, I had my typical 2 eggs over easy, 2 pieces of turkey bacon over a piece of Dave's Killer Bread, thin. (My normal everyday breakfast) On the days that I do back to back 24's at two different fire halls, with a higher than normal run volume, I eat every couple hours, so first breakfast AND second breakfast...but believe it when I tell you, I burn it off!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Today I had a bowl of Vector cereal with 1% milk, coffee with half and half cream and sweetener, and 1/2 cup OJ.
    I often have greek yogurt with granola, oatmeal, or a slice of my homemade pumpkin protein bread. It varies daily.
    I usually make eggs, toast, and turkey bacon on one day on the weekend.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    How about combining the eggs with some veggies, and make an omelette? I just had two eggs, fried in the pan with bell pepper strips, then all wrapped up in a high-fiber, high-protein whole wheat tortilla.
  • thedietpilot
    thedietpilot Posts: 56 Member
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    I had pizza for breakfast

Sure, why not? As long as it fits within your calorie goal for the day... and it doesn't upset the balance of your appetite / cravings to go off track the rest of the day, that's well and good!
  • thedietpilot
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Today I had my leftovers from dinner: steak, Brussels sprouts, and winter squash.
    Supposedly, from what I've read, eating breakfast helps to kick start your metabolism for that day.

Your metabolism doesn't need to be kickstarted. It's not going to decrease just because you go a few additional hours without eating and it doesn't turn off overnight, either.

I always eat breakfast because I get up early and tend to be hungry not terribly long after I get up (largely due to habit probably, I also went years not eating breakfast and my weight hasn't tracked that in any respect--I've gained and lost weight both when both eating and not eating breakfast).

What I do (while losing weight) that people say is a no, no, is eat dinner very late. Again, because my metabolism operates overnight, there is no harm.

Yes... And just like they say you shouldn't "skip" breakfast, they also say that you should not eat within the last 3 hours before going to bed, otherwise the food is going to stay in your tummy all night while your digestive system and metabolism slow down, and that food will be more prone to turn into fat....

Not sure whether that is a true or a false statement.

What do you all think about this? Is eating dinner just before bed OK or not OK?
  • thedietpilot
    cantumelia wrote: »
    Lots of coffe. And I mean LOTS. And some high protein skimmed yogourt. And some days, when I want to indulge myself, one or even two "tortas de aceite" (160 calories) qyh4oqlvoovy.jpg

Isn't too much coffee not good for you? How much is too much? Doesn't all that caffeine get to you?
  • thedietpilot
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Steel-cut oats and dried blueberries cooked in almond milk plus one hard-boiled egg on the side. I've got my long hike in the hills today. B)

What's the difference between steel cut oats vs regular oatmeal? I heard that steel cut oats takes longer to prepare? (You have to boil it, as opposed to regular oatmeal, which you can just microwave?)
  • thedietpilot
    webcray wrote: »
    So for Breakfast this morning i'm making grilled portobello mushroom tops stuffed with apple-wood smoked cheddar green onion and baby spinach topped off with a fried egg. comes in at about 300 cal. Very very satisfying.

I read somewhere that portabello mushroom tops can be used as a "bread alternative"? Is that true? Can it actually be used as a bread? Any advice in this regard would be appreciated...
  • twinkfran
    twinkfran Posts: 54 Member
    Eat Matural toasted muesli and a soya yoghurt - with black coffee

I eat at my desk so not hot foods allowed otherwise I'd have scrambled eggs or omelette
  • half an everything bagel with cream cheese
    4 thin cut slices of extra crispy bacon
    2 whole eggs
    OJ and coffee
    430 calories
    this makes me happy and keeps me going until dinner with just a couple of light snacks through the day
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Yes... And just like they say you shouldn't "skip" breakfast, they also say that you should not eat within the last 3 hours before going to bed, otherwise the food is going to stay in your tummy all night while your digestive system and metabolism slow down, and that food will be more prone to turn into fat....

I have some experience with this. If your dinner stays in your stomach all night - there's something medically wrong with you, and you should go and get it checked out. On the bright side, it's something wrong with you that will probably make you lose weight!

• MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    edited November 2014
    I generally work out first thing after I wake up. So, my breakfast is a protein shake mixed in with my daily vitamin powder. After the workout, I eat a banana or some other fruit, 1/2 serving of protein shake, and/or a couple of hard boiled eggs. Lunch is only a couple of hours away and I am generally not that hungry after a major workout session.

But everyone is making me hungry right now and I still have 4 more hours left at work :s
  • Tavasztundere
    Tavasztundere Posts: 8 Member
    2dl milk + 1 banana = bananashake
    + 2 pieces of toast.
    I am just getting started, but already lost 1,4kg. :)
    Have a great day! :)