Ladies - Workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sports Direct and TKMaxx are good for cheap gear in the UK and Start Fitness is in the North East or online.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I tend to spend a lot on workout clothing, but have also bought stuff at Old Navy and Kmart (don't know whether they are international). Also have found cute stuff at some discount stores.

One thing is don't skimp on bras - there is nothing more uncomfortable than your boobs bouncing up and down during boot camp workouts!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »
    However, I don't look good at the gym, if I achieve clean and tidy I count that a success.

Haha logg1e - that made me laugh. I agree, my motto is:

jbodmj4yce9t.jpg

However, 2 sizes too big joggers and oversized men's t-shirts are getting in the way and I need something that will help me stay cool. Unfortunately I'm not at a stage where I am comfortable wearing things that are tight fitting, or shorts/vest tops, so have fairly limited options!

False... I still look good and I know I train hard... come at me bro.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    in the UK Sports Direct is great - my running leggings and tops are from there, though spend much more on trainers and bras.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    LOL - randomtai, not all of us are blessed with your good looks ;)

I'm thinking more of the handful of girls I see at the gym, wearing full makeup (i.e. dayglow orange foundation), high range workout gear, perfectly coifed hair... and they sit on the low bike for 20 minutes, stop-starting, whilst chatting on their phones... then leave. I don't judge - afterall, they're still lapping everyone on the couch back home, but does make me giggle!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »
    However, I don't look good at the gym, if I achieve clean and tidy I count that a success.

Haha logg1e - that made me laugh. I agree, my motto is:

jbodmj4yce9t.jpg

false. I look fabulous AND I train hard. it's not the rest of the worlds fault you don't know how to put on mascara and eyeliner.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I get my workout clothes at Target.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    My cheap workout clothes are from Old Navy, Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Marshall's.

My pricey workout clothes are from Nike, Under Armour, Victoria's Secret, and Athleta.

I love Lululemon but do not support the store or their beliefs whatsoever.

I have to buy expensive sports bras because I have large boobs. My sports bras are Panache and Shock Absorber, Victoria's Secret, and Under Armour. A good sports bra is worth the money.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Hanes ladies t's at Walmart are the thinnest cotton, like a well loved t but new and inexpensive. I buy tons of them since I'm in humid Florida and change multiple times a day in the summer.
  • Rodderick89
    edited November 2014
    Options
    JoRocka - I know perfectly well how to apply mascara and eyeliner... unfortunately, the whole red face and sweaty side of things kinda ruins the effect. I have never seen, in the gym I use, a woman work out hard and look fantastic at the end of the session, but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all ;)
  • Rodderick89
    Options
    Sports bras are definitely the one item I have so far no skimped on.. bouncing around boobs is just plain painful!

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions on where to buy workout gear - I found a decent pair of workout style leggings in Tesco this afternoon (£12) and a nice workout top in Sainsburys, also £12. :)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I get my work out pants from old navy- pretty reasonably priced.
  • newfie026
    newfie026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I bought lots of sport tees at Walmart. I get my yoga pants and leggings from Victoria's Secret and Forever 21. I've been investing in running shoes and hoodies that I buy from two great online stores here in Canada: Running Free and MEC(mountain equipment company) I bought my favourite hoodie in four additional colours directly from Champion and some designer running and yoga clothing from Titika here in Canada. A bit pricey but now that I look and feel so much better, I feel that finally I deserve it!
  • newfie026
    newfie026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I get my sport bras from Moving Comfort and Titika. Expensive but so worth it.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Sports Direct is a bit chavvy, but there are some bargains! I got some gym trousers for £9.99 last week.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I wear hand-me-down gym pants and old t shirts lol
  • Rodderick89
    Options
    I feel ya DawnieB1977!!

I got my trainers from Sports Direct - Nike running shoes, which retailed at about £120, I got them for £40 in a sale as they were the last pair, and they are amazing!

However most of the workout gear I saw in there this weekend was pretty bland and the tops were either generic cotton t-shirts (I get too hot in those), or form fitting vests (I am not confident enough for those yet).

Got a nice workout shirt from Sainsburys though, it is fitted vest, but with a second loose crop top style layer over the top with short sleeves :)
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Primark and H&M have good and pretty cheap sports sections. Primark especially has cheap light weight loose t-shirts in their sports range. Also, look out for sales in JD Sports as well.
  • CGreen177
    CGreen177 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    For tops (T Shirts) I really like ronhill. Currently on sale at Go Outdoors (with loyalty card) for just £10. And then I usually end up wearing walking shorts, because I'll be buying them anyway
  • a_lk
    a_lk Posts: 2
    Options
    I love dri-fit material! I wear leggings or shorts made of that material and I also wear a really good sports bra that I can find. A dri-fit tank top or shirt will do. I get super sweaty during my workouts. I'll try to be very wise with the money I spend on my workout gear, but I'll also make sure that I'm not skimping on the quality...Like another poster said, this is an investment! You'll still be wearing some of the same things down the road in a couple months. Comfort and quality is important.