Orange Cranberry relish
    Texas Roadhouse rolls with butter or honey butter

Pumpkin pie,whipped cream,cookies.
    All homemade except the rolls.

Yum Yum :D
  • thintowin87
    thintowin87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i think were having turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, orange fluff and baked beans. a few other sides like suddenly salad deviled eggs rolls and a corn casserole. also pumpkin pies and a buttermilk brownies and lemon pie. seen alot of good idea from all your post !!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Everything, , , , in moderation.
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I discovered a sweet potato dish that doesn't cause you to blow it.

2 lb sliced sweet potatoes
    2 peeled, sliced apples
    2 small shallots, chopped
    1 tsp chopped ginger root
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup apple cider
    1 tsp curry powder
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 cup chopped dates

I mine I didn't have dates, so they weren't used, but I did add a chopped fennel bulb.

Saute shallots, ginger root in vegetable oil until soft.
    I then added the fennel and curry powder, adding a little salt and pepper, and cooked for a few minutes.
    Add the juice and cider and pour the mix the sliced apples and sweet potato that you've put into a bowl. Season if necessary.

Mix all the ingredients and pour into a baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Take off the foil and continue to cook for another 20-25 minutes.

It tasted like the holiday but was NOT sweet.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A little bit of turkey, corn from my Aunt's farm, mashed sweet potatoes, and my one big indulgence...my Grandpa's homemade noodles.
  • coruscatti
    Options
    The usuals...turkey and gravy, boxed stuffing with mushrooms added, lasagna (my family's Italian), baked yams, green beans, canned cranberry sauce, wine, and pie (and probably Italian butter cookies, and Ferrero Rochers, etc etc.) I have Thanksgiving at my mom's house each year.
  • Idiot_Killjoy
    Options
    tofurkey. All of the Tofurkey. And steamed veggies, and maybe some of my not-so-famous-but-still-delicious vegan pumpkin bread. I'm actually not a huuuge fan of Thanksgiving food, as I'm a lover of raw fruits and veggies. But mostly fruit. Thanksgiving seems to have a lacking of traditional foods containing fruit. Haha.
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Whatever I feel like having and sending ALL the leftovers (except turkey and veggies) out the door.
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    tofurkey. All of the Tofurkey. And steamed veggies, and maybe some of my not-so-famous-but-still-delicious vegan pumpkin bread. I'm actually not a huuuge fan of Thanksgiving food, as I'm a lover of raw fruits and veggies. But mostly fruit. Thanksgiving seems to have a lacking of traditional foods containing fruit. Haha.

My daughter is vegan (and one of my biggest supporters and encouragers) and every year I buy her a Tofurkey. :smiley:
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, green bean casserole, spinach/feta/cranberry/walnut salad, veg & fruit snacks, rolls, pies and pumpkin lush for dessert.