How do you get your water in

Options
Im supposed to be drinking alot of water. But I just cant seem to get myself to drink lately. I dont drink sodas or juices or anything just water and sometimes i add some fruit to it for the taste. But its pretty dull and boreing. Sometimes I go a whole day without drinking anything.

Replies

• darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    don't you get thirsty?
  • Fruitylicious03
    Fruitylicious03 Posts: 301
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well..this is probably just me but I'm a snacker. Like constantly. When I sit down and study or play video games... I constantly want something in my mouth. So I changed the snacks to a bottle of water.

I put the bottle next to me when studying and am so preoccupied with it that I don't notice I'm sipping water constantly in between. Before I know it I've drunk 2 litres. Lol
  • Tavasztundere
    Tavasztundere Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I start my day with water lately. Also bring 0,5L water with me when coming to work. By the time I arrive, the bottle is empty. I also like soups, that also helps. Everytime I go to eat I drink a glass of water. At the end of the day it is more than 2L... :)
  • carryncoulson
    carryncoulson Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a water routine. When I get up I have a glass of water, one glass before and one glass after shower. Then another one before and after each meal. Thats already 9 glasses of water and I drink way more than that. I just know that if I do this I am drinking enough automatically.
  • carryncoulson
    carryncoulson Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    In the colder weather I usually make Rooibos tea in a flask and drink that.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    With coffee and jasmine tea, mostly.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have two cups of coffee during the day, sometimes some tea, otherwise I keep a bottle of water next to me and drink a couple sips when I remember to. Now I get thirsty if I can't drink anything for 2 hours.
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't like to count tea's and coffees as part of my water intake mainly because it's caffeinated which dehydrates. Seems counter productive to me. Habits are hard to change it's a conscious decision to always have a bottle of water with you. I have no problem during the week because it seems to work nicely with my work days but come weekends I fail at the water thing miserably. You have to just make it part of your day. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    mave34 wrote: »
    I don't like to count tea's and coffees as part of my water intake mainly because it's caffeinated which dehydrates.

The dehydration effect of tea or coffee is a myth. It counts.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140402-are-coffee-and-tea-dehydrating

http://www.abc.net.au/health/talkinghealth/factbuster/stories/2014/02/27/3951831.htm
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I have a water routine.

That's the key word, routine. It's a habit for me now and even though I may not always care for the taste, I just do it.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    NCServant wrote: »
    I have a water routine.

That's the key word, routine. It's a habit for me now and even though I may not always care for the taste, I just do it.

+1
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    mave34 wrote: »
    I don't like to count tea's and coffees as part of my water intake mainly because it's caffeinated which dehydrates. Seems counter productive to me. Habits are hard to change it's a conscious decision to always have a bottle of water with you. I have no problem during the week because it seems to work nicely with my work days but come weekends I fail at the water thing miserably. You have to just make it part of your day. :)

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0084154

Excerpt: Our data show that there were no significant differences across a wide range of haematological and urinary markers of hydration status between trials. These data suggest that coffee, when consumed in moderation by caffeine habituated males provides similar hydrating qualities to water.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Honestly? I wouldn't stress too much about it. If you are not dehydrated you are probably getting enough water from food if you are eating enough fruits, vegetables and soups.

How I get water? Plain in a glass. Since we were kids we only used water for thirst. It's not something to be "fun" or "interesting". I don't even pause and think "this is boring". It's a simple and near automatic "stop feeling thirsty" mechanism to me.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Don't count coffee. It does dehydrate you and depletes vitamins for every cup you have to drink another cup of water. The dr. Told me this. He said to quit drinking coffee if I can. He said it was making me dehydrated. Probably since coffee was all I drank some days. But anyway I know these tricks help me get a fancy bottle or one of those plastic cups with a straw ans sip it all day. Have it in you hand all day. Get a 64 oz one or 32 oz one. And thats how I kept track of it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    You drink nothing at all? What do you eat that keeps you so hydrated that you don't need to drink? Do you get regular blood work? Is your urine light to clear?
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I love adding lemon and some diet cranberry juice. I put it all together in a 32 oz nalgene bottle and make sure to drink at least 2 a day.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    How do you get your water in
    Orally. I've had the occasional IV drip but that's not as much fun.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    From the time I wake up until about 5pm it's the only thing I drink. I have about 10 oz before my workout, and another after. And then I drink throughout the day. My bag has a water bottle holder on it. I make sure I always have my bottle and that I fill up whenever I pass a water filling station at work.
    Short answer: I just do. It's a habit.

Brushing your teeth is boring too. Do you skip that as well?
    So is shaving. Deadly dull....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I keep a cup at my desk with a straw. I make sure to fill it up twice. I drink usually at least one bottle at the gym and then another at the studio- so I get over 60 oz a day.
    Otherwise I just drink coffee and tea.