Thanksgiving day...

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    As per tradition, I will be doing a "Turkey Trot" 5K. Thursday is generally a lifting day as well...I'm currently doing a cycle of undulating periodization where Tuesdays are high rep low weight work and I do a lot of body weight stuff and Thursdays are in the 8-10 rep range...I'm just going to switch my days around and do my high rep body weight stuff on Thursday instead.
  • RushBabe_214
    Options
    I'll be visiting family and won't have access to a gym for lifting, but I will go for a run in the morning.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Taking the kids for a looooooong walk to burn off some energy before the long drive back home. It's not lifting, but I'm going to try to get that in Wed and Fri and I don't lift every day anyway.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    So is anyone on here going to workout Thursday? Or are you going to say skip Thursday gym day and pick back up Friday? Just curious :smile:

Nope, but because we're travelling 2 hours to family's for Turkey day. I am trying to save some extra calories for that day, though.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'll be walking and/or running. We have no plans for Thanksgiving since my husband has to work the night before and night of Thanksgiving and our family lives a few hours away.
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out my plan of action for Thanksgiving. Fortunately, I am off this week so I have an opportunity to work out twice tomorrow and Wednesday, to prepare for the big day! I don't think I'm going to stress myself out counting the calories. I already know I'm going to overeat. I'm going to try to be very strict with healthy eating the next few days. No extra snacking. Hopefully the extra exercise and healthy choices leading up to Thanksgiving, will balance the week out in the end for me. Happy Holidays!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I plan to workout first thing Thursday morning. I'll push it a little harder to help offset what I plan on eating.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    We don't have Thanksgiving here in Australia, but I love how everyone is getting so excited about my birthday on Thursday! I plan to do my usual hour on the elliptical so I can enjoy a veggie burger at the pub with my mates :D
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Last year I went to the gym the morning of Thanksgiving, this year I will be out of town at my moms. My goal is to get a run in Thursday morning (though since our estimated arrival will be 4am, I'm not 100% sure I will get it fit in, but that is the plan)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Last year I went for a nice long hike. This year I'm 8 months pregnant... so um... yeah.. that's not happening. I'm thinking of just hopping on the elliptical we just got for like 30 minutes... because that's probably all I can muster at this point. I get out of breath and tire easily these days. It's hard work growing a human. :o
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    spin class @ 6:00 am, then home to finish cooking for 34 people! not gonna log, though.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have a five mile turkey trot planned that day... and then i'm going to eat all the food.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    5K Turkey Trot in the morning. Will totally even out the 8 billion calories I plan on stuffing down my face that day.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Thursday is my rest day. I might walk that morning maybe.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Doing my normal gym workout, (1 hour stepmill, then half hour weights) OR a seven mile run, then giving their dogs their normal 5-6 mile walk, then, ill have dinner within my budget. Business as usual. Ain't nothing keeping me from meeting. MY goals. If YOU choose not to workout, that's on you. It isn't going to kill you, one day. But--if it wasn't a planned rest day, no excuse not to work out--even if you have to get up earlier to do so.
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    Working out for sure.
  • spanorchid
    Options
    Doing my normal workout, log everything and enjoy myself. I don't want to not log because I don'yt want to become a slave to calorie counting. Friday will be another day.
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Not working out on Thursday, probably will on Friday, and ZUMBATHON ON SATURDAY!!! It's in Worcester, MA at the YMCA, if anyone is in that area.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Working out in the morning.

Plan: 80 Min Circuit DVD and 24 Min Stretch DVD (part of a 90 day program I'm doing)
    I'm going to workout in the morning, before going to visit family that evening.
  • xjgirl94
    xjgirl94 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just love hearing from everyone! BTW hope yall have a good Thanksgiving!