How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• deathbyokapi
    deathbyokapi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself once or twice a week.
    I don't have a scale in my apartment, and frankly I don't want one. I'd like to think I'm not disturbed by fluctuations, but occasionally a higher weight can upset me, and sort of ruin my whole day. And if I had a scale here? Fuhgheddaboutit. I'd be on that thing multiple times a day, which I think would end up being pretty unhealthy for me, and might make me develop some nasty habits.
    So I just use the gym scale, and I do it once or twice a week, which typically works out just fine.
  • KimofTas
    KimofTas Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    azwen wrote: »
    I weigh myself every morning. I know it fluctuates, and I'm fine with that. When I see number that's a new low, I count that as my new weight. I just disregard the fluctuations within 3 lbs. of that number, and keep going.

That is exactly what I do too:)

Me three!

• EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I wake up, right before my shower.
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Once a month. That's usually before I go in to see the shrink or primary care doctor(sometimes it's twice a month if it's for both the shrink and the primary care doctor). Usually though it's only once a month. It used to be everyday, and then it used to be once a week. Then last year in the great bathroom flood of 2013(long story), the scale broke because by the time I wanted to go in and move the scale so it wouldn't break, it was too late. So now I only weigh myself at the shrink's office when I go.
  • crookback
    crookback Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but I only concern myself with the bi-weekly trend.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I try to only weigh myself Saturday morning, but temptation usually creeps in mid week.
  • merc1958
    Options
    I can't weigh myself everyday...it would totally discourage me. I weigh once a week and if I don't see a loss or only a slight one I get de-motivated. How does everyone deal with this
  • LindaMc6262
    LindaMc6262 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every morning, expecting fluctuations, but only record it once a week, on Saturday. I also measure myself on Saturday mornings.
  • sylvabelle89
    sylvabelle89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily. I used MFP about two years ago and lost about 25 lbs. Weighing daily caused me to become obsessed with my weight loss. I think that being obsessed with my weight caused me to quit losing, honestly. Now, I am recommitted and I have decided to only weigh myself biweekly. If I can see larger numbers over a longer period of time I feel like that would be more satisfying for me to see and more encouraging for me to continue to do good for myself.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Seeing the difference in fluctations helps me stay on track and directly see what might be impacting (high sodium day, TOM, etc). I only record after my weight has stayed the same for a few days to a week.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I graph it to see where the overall trend is going and make adjustments based on that.
    * pushes up glasses * :)
  • Justloselb
    Options
    Everyday before breakfast! It reminds me not to over eat and get moving.
  • talent_2
    Options
    I weigh in every sunday shortly after waking up, I find with working full time doing odd hours it easier to stick to one specific day each week at roughly the same time. I do weight and waist size