Any previous BodyMedia fans switch to jawbone up24?

Options

Replies

• JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I will be anxiously awaiting reviews on the up3.... Love my body media, but the sync... I swear I have to reinstall it like 1-2 a week... never had that issue b4, and now it's apparently not syncing with mfp today... Had it over a year with no issues till this month...
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    That water resistance is really tempting... I may have to get it just for that... water is like 80% of my activity in the summer!
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    just done some reading on the up3, seems there is more to it than I originally thought, looks like it has all the tech the bodymedia had plus some other stuff, but the can a wristband really be as accurate as the bodymedia? bodymedia was always wedged against your arm so was constantly taking measurements, how can they replicate that same tech with a wristband?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It looks very promising to me. I'll be looking forward to reviews as well!
  • tallmama3
    tallmama3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    does anyone know anything about a release date/pre-ordering? (im in Canada if that matters) I've poked around and can't find any info..
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    The new Charge by Fitbit looks good. It has a HR monitor
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    vanessa40 wrote: »
    The new Charge by Fitbit looks good. It has a HR monitor

I would never buy anything from Fitbit... no thanks.

• SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have the UP24 and like it. Honestly, I had the FitBit Force before it was recalled and I don't see much difference between the two. I'm interested in the 3 because it is suppose to incorporate the BodyMedia technology, but just can't justify buying it yet.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    if the up3 integrates all the sensors of the bodymedia to the same accuracy or better then I would be willing to make the switch
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it has the same sensors, in fact I think it even has a heart rate monitor. The thing I found confusing about the info page was that it mentions not to submerge the band when cleaning, though it is okay to go swimming? It uses the term "water resistant" not "Water proof" and that it should be okay to go swimming, just no deep diving.

After reading the info, I am actually convinced. I will be waiting for lots of reviews first though. I actually don't mine the design of the band its self.

It also does not mention anything of a monthly fee? Has anyone found information regarding this yet?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Actually, I can not find anything about the price at all.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    if the up3 integrates all the sensors of the bodymedia to the same accuracy or better then I would be willing to make the switch

When is the up3 supposed to be released? It sounds promising.

• JosieRawr
    Options
    @dakotababy $179 is the price it shows for preorder.
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    Anyone else unable to sync to mfp?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    JosieRawr wrote: »

Still.... going on 3 weeks now.
  • shlobiwan
    shlobiwan Posts: 109 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Not since the beginning of the month.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1755914--bodymedia-not-syncing-11-3-14-
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    I'm just not willing to unlink and relink every day... have you also been having to reinstall the sync to your pc?
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    shlobiwan wrote: »

Not since the beginning of the month.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1755914--bodymedia-not-syncing-11-3-14-

ty
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I remember having this problem last year and it took them maybe a day to fix it...