I DON'T WANT TO WORK OUT!!!

Options
I hear people all time that "love working out" and "feel so good when they work out". ok, i believe that you might feel good after because you have all those feel good hormones rushing through your body but like really? I guess i've just been less motivated lately and i don't know why. id been working out since september about 5 days a week, and then 1 and a half weeks ago i just stopped. i haven't worked out in the least in this time, i've been eating worse and i just have no motivation. and whats funny, is now that i stopped working out, i just happened to check what i weighed and of course now i lose 2 pounds. i want to be fit, and i want to be healthy, and i know i should do it but i just would rather sit and watch 2 episodes of my favorite show than do an hour of cardio. bah.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Because cardio is boring... Lift weights. :p
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Suck it up. Do it anyways. Find something you enjoy.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    you dont have to work out to lose weight.

and i agree 100% with tai....lift! :smiley:
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Agreed with randomtai...do something that isn't boring. A bike ride? Zumba? Something that you enjoy.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I loath exercise. I would rather sew my mouth shut than exercise.
  • 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    salsaaaaaaaa!!!! Best exercise ever
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism and that explained why I no longer wanted to work out. If you feel fatigued and a little depressed, you might want to check with a doctor. I am still not ready to go back to the level of intensity I have been accustomed to most of my life. I have been really enjoying yoga, though. You can go online and find many free classes that you can do right at home if you still feel like cocooning at home....
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Why not watch the two episodes on your show while doing cardio? Makes it a little less tedious... When I ride the bike at the gym or walked on the treadmill (due to an old injury), I read a book. I put on my music and I turn the TV to an news channel or Law & Order (since it's pretty much always on). And I read lol
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    You can try having a pre workout playlist you listen to. I like to workout and not for the after effect OP is talking about. I have been lifting since I was 17. Consistent in the last year. Cardio is kind of boring.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Some people live to workout. Others workout to live. Others just have way too many other things to do and exercise doesn't ever make it as a first priority. I fit into that third category.
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I loved doing workouts at home and dancing but once i stopped i found it hard to get back in the swing of things! I feel good once i have exercised but motovating myself to get up and do something is very hard!
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    the most exercise I do is walking and maybe dancing 2 times a month lol I just don't feel like doing it. id rather eat
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I feel it's the 'hibernation effect'...happens to me this time of year every year..I have S.A.D. and the shorter days, colder temps, etc make me want to just hibernate - but that's when I pull out my 'fat girl' pics and say, 'do you want to look like that again? And do you remember how you felt that fat!?!?"....it motivates me enough to stick with it, albiet not as intense and as happily as in the warm, sunny summer months.

It's all a choice. Some truly do love working out, and I do most times of the year, but my most difficult time is now. CHOOSE to push through it.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    if you want to be fit and healthy then you will work out. If you dont want it, then you wont. You have to decide what is important to you. I love working out, ive worked out 6 days a week for the last year and a half - its became so ingrained in me that I cant imagine not doing it.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This colder weather has screwed my motivation to work out. Seriously, I've been compensating by eating way less calories than I was before just so I don't have to work out. I know I need to get back into the habit, but blehhhhhhhhhhh cold outside warm inside blankets sleep zzzzzzzzz
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for Netflix and Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, I probably wouldn't be able to make it through my day elliptical routine. I want to start doing some weight training too, but never have time to fit a trip to the gym. Hoping to get some weights for Christmas so I can do that and not have to leave the house... if I have to leave the house to exercise, it ain't happenin'....
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    This colder weather has screwed my motivation to work out. Seriously, I've been compensating by eating way less calories than I was before just so I don't have to work out. I know I need to get back into the habit, but blehhhhhhhhhhh cold outside warm inside blankets sleep zzzzzzzzz

This sssooo much right now. Ugh... :grumble:
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have an audio book to listen to while walking back and forth in a hallway at work for 15 minutes, twice a day, I'd go bonkers. A really good book series (well, 2-1/2 books) is "Until the End of the World". If you like zombies, that is. It's kind of like "The Walking Dead". Those fifteen minutes just FLEW by.

When I am working from home, I do Leslie Sansone DVD workouts. If it is warm enough out, the dog and I go for walks. It's currently 10 degrees and windy, so we're staying inside today. One motivating factor for ME is that I am always so dang cold. Exercising totally warms me up. Love it! Sometimes even if I've gotten in all of my steps, I'll pop in one of her easier workouts JUST to get the blood flowing to my hands.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    Why not watch the two episodes on your show while doing cardio? Makes it a little less tedious...

I second this. I enjoy exercise when the weather is nice because I like to be outside, but when it's too cold and dark and wet to go out, I usually end up doing something in front of the TV.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Where is your current workout location? Is it a gym? Because if you are doing an hour of cardio in the gym I can definitely understand just being disgusted with it! Do you have a park, nice dirt road, or pleasant trail nearby? I think exercising outdoors is vastly preferable to working out inside unless the weather is really, really bad. I find it's way easier to exercise outdoors because looking at nature and breathing fresh air alleviates a lot of the boredom factor.

Also, if you want to work out at home, get a set of adjustable-weight dumbbells and try strength training. It's kind of a drag at first but then you start noticing sudden strength gains and lifting stuff around the house gets easier, and that's fun.

Also, working out 5 days a week might not be the thing for you. Maybe try 4 days instead and intersperse the rest days throughout the week.

Can you go to Zumba or Barre classes? Zumba is super fun. I would try barre classes too, but there aren't any where I live.

This time of year gets to me a lot too. Motivation to move is hard to come by. I find taking Vitamin D supplements helps, actually-- I start feeling kind of nuts at this dark time of year if I don't, and I think Vit. D helps with energy levels.