How should I eat?

I'm trying to adjust my diet but calorie counting alone isn't helping. I feel like I'm eating wrong. What food groups should I be eating for which meal? Are snacks between meals acceptable?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    If you want feedback, we need to see how you are eating now. Are you willing to open your diary?
  • Ruzuki
    Ruzuki Posts: 136 Member
    Ive been losing weight eating whatever I want. I'm just doing pure calorie counting. If calorie counting isn't helping, you might be underestimating how much of something you eat, or you need to lower your calorie intake, or exercise more.
    I eat tons of snacks. I eat 6 times a day, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Just try to snack on something low-calorie. I usually snack on an apple, grapes, or a 100-calorie snack pack of oreos or cheese-its or something.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    I actually haven't logged in quite a while. I'm trying to jump back into things today.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    You should be vegan. I don't have a good reason. I just think I'd be funny I guess and since you're asking us to pick that's my vote.

I'm not asking you to pick anything.
  • BrittTomore87
    BrittTomore87 Posts: 37 Member
    I try to eat a lot of protein and fruit and some vegetables if I find some that I don't mind. I'm a pretty picky eater
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2014
    BFDeal wrote: »
    You should be vegan. I don't have a good reason. I just think I'd be funny I guess and since you're asking us to pick that's my vote.
    While BFDeal is teasing, he's got a point. You're asking a huge and varied community a very big question and all we know is you're young and female.

I'd tell almost anyone who is in good health to eat plenty of vegetables and to make sure and get healthy fats and enough protein. I also tell most folks to limit refined carbohydrates and then depending on their lifestyle, go from there. Others will say: eat whatever you want, in moderation (whatever that means).
    Again, you're going to get a ton of different answers.
    And then again you could see what the U.S. government thinks you should eat by going to choosemyplate.gov, granted that's sponsored by the US dept of agriculture...

eat enough, but not too much.

ETA: and skip the slim quick pills (mentioned in your other thread).
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    If you don't eat every 90min you will lose all your gainz, unless you're cutting in which case you will gain uncontrollably because of metabolic damage!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    If you don't eat every 90min you will lose all your gainz, unless you're cutting in which case you will gain uncontrollably because of metabolic damage!

dafuq?
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    OP, there is no right/wrong answer to your question. You are going to get a bunch of sarcastic responses and a bunch of sincere ones but really the answer is "eat whatever you like to eat and make it fit your calorie goals." If you are unable to do that, then you aren't going to lose weight.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising

dafuq?

I'm assuming troll because of user name....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited November 2014

dafuq?

ok
    Other than a rather immature (and bizarre) username I am not seeing trolling. Just youth. But that's me.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising

dafuq?

ok
    Other than a rather immature (and bizarre) username I am not seeing trolling. Just youth. But that's me.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10026386/slimquick-pills
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10026377/free-exercise-videos
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited November 2014

dafuq?

ok

Yup. I saw those.

I guess we're not using the word troll the same way. Because I'm not seeing trolling. Maybe someone lying about their age...
  • ThePhoenixIsRising

dafuq?

ok

Yup. I saw those.

I guess we're not using the word troll the same way. Because I'm not seeing trolling. Maybe someone lying about their age...

His first response in the first thread?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member

dafuq?

it's true. I heard it at the Arnold.

OP why not ask us a smaller question? Like... how could we create world peace?

You need to get a few ducks in order before you can start making pate. For example. What's your daily caloric need? Dietary wants/desires/restrictions
    Daily energy output?
    Additional outputs
    Social issues/topics
    Goals (reasonable and well articulated)

etc etc etc. It's all there in section 37B.
    You stole fizzy lifting drink. You lose. Good day.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Eat all food groups at any time you want
  • Sabine_Stroehm

dafuq?

ok

Yup. I saw those.

His first response in the first thread?
    I had a student last semester who passed out in my class (university). Turns out she was eating only saltines and fruit. Trying to lose weight for her wedding and someone told her this was a "get skinny quick" solution. The OPs posts all smack of young and naive and trying to get skinny quick. Not trying to cause disruption and discord.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member

His first response in the first thread?[/quote]

HER...and she's adorable