rate my diet plan!

Options

Replies

• GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi, Personally I think a good diet plan is one that works for you!
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    OP I think the thing that is lacking from your diet plan is big.deep.breaths. If you have a nitpicky, defensive comment for every single post then you obviously know more than us, so why don't you go rate your own diet plan.
  • coruscatti
    coruscatti Posts: 81
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Also:

You're not logging consistently. You're logging three days in a row, then you stop, then you start again. Constancy in logging, even when you're over, even on cheat days, is the only way to have an accurate portrait of your food intake. I will start with that.

When you're over your calorie goals, you're often over in the carbs department, and under everywhere else. Carbs, especially refined carbs, spike insulin and glucose in your blood, which can cause cravings. Try to up your protein intake a little bit to see if it makes a difference.

I didn't stop logging b/c of cheat days, I just didn't have time to log and then forgot exactly what I ate. And a couple of weeks ago I was at my future mother-in-law's house for a week and so I have no idea what the nutrition profiles were of the dinners she made for me, so I didn't log that week either (btw what are you supposed to do in terms of calorie counting when offered food made by other people? or eating at a relative's/friend's house? especially when offered food from different cultures where you may not be entirely sure what's in it?) But I still tried to be healthy by watching portion size and approximating calories. And I actually lost a pound and a half that week for some reason.

It would be great if I could FIND other sources of protein...all the vegetarian sources have lots of carbs in addition to lots of protein it seems. And there's only so much meat you can eat in one day.
  • coruscatti
    edited November 2014
    Options
    LeenaJean wrote: »
    OP I think the thing that is lacking from your diet plan is big.deep.breaths. If you have a nitpicky, defensive comment for every single post then you obviously know more than us, so why don't you go rate your own diet plan.

Not every single post. Just the unhelpful ones. I just don't get what certain people get out of trying to tear someone down and make them feel bad about what they put into their body. I really wasn't expecting to get so many nasty responses (and yes there were some good ones, which I responded to as well). I posted a different "sample diet plan" on another forum a few months ago (which isn't even a health/fitness forum, it just has a subforum for that) and got all constructive responses from people who were actually knowledgeable about nutrition, which really helped me figure out how to eat healthier. I assumed that given this is a forum solely devoted to health and fitness that I would get even more responses along those lines from people here...so I am really surprised and wondering what I did to deserve people calling the food I eat "gross" and "deeply unappetizing."

Let's put it this way: say you were on a wedding forum and someone posted a picture of themselves trying on a wedding dress entitled "here's a wedding dress I'm considering!" Do you think it would be helpful or constructive or kind to say "omg that wedding dress is so ugly, you look horrible in it." If you personally didn't like the dress you'd probably give constructive criticism like "I don't think that's the most flattering cut, maybe you could try a ballgown style instead" or something. So why do certain people think it's ok to leave such nasty comments on a diet plan?
  • LeenaJean
    Options
    Honestly, I was going to say that your plan sounds fine. I personally could not munch on leafy greens like a rabbit but that's cool if you can, I too like to stick to similar things for meals because it is easier to plan, however, you keep saying you weren't expecting so many 'rude' comments, no one was being rude, maybe a little facetious but I don't think they were expecting you to be quite so sensitive. You came onto a site where people are trying their best to lose weight and be healthy create a post to rate your diet plan that even an educated person stated no one could actually follow then say 'now I know why americans are so obese' then cry about how they hurt your feelings? I'm just blown away...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    coruscatti wrote: »

Not every single post. Just the unhelpful ones. I just don't get what certain people get out of trying to tear someone down and make them feel bad about what they put into their body. I really wasn't expecting to get so many nasty responses (and yes there were some good ones, which I responded to as well). I posted a different "sample diet plan" on another forum a few months ago (which isn't even a health/fitness forum, it just has a subforum for that) and got all constructive responses from people who were actually knowledgeable about nutrition, which really helped me figure out how to eat healthier. I assumed that given this is a forum solely devoted to health and fitness that I would get even more responses along those lines from people here...so I am really surprised and wondering what I did to deserve people calling the food I eat "gross" and "deeply unappetizing."

Let's put it this way: say you were on a wedding forum and someone posted a picture of themselves trying on a wedding dress entitled "here's a wedding dress I'm considering!" Do you think it would be helpful or constructive or kind to say "omg that wedding dress is so ugly, you look horrible in it." If you personally didn't like the dress you'd probably give constructive criticism like "I don't think that's the most flattering cut, maybe you could try a ballgown style instead" or something. So why do certain people think it's ok to leave such nasty comments on a diet plan?
    Say you went to hot or not and posted a photo of yourself and asked: hot or not. What would you expect folks to do?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Judge me, but don't judge me!
  • coruscatti
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Say you went to hot or not and posted a photo of yourself and asked: hot or not. What would you expect folks to do?

Yes but the very title of "Hot or Not" gives you an idea of what type of culture you should expect there. Whereas "MyFitnessPal" kind of implies that people will be supportive.

Plus I said "rate my diet plan," not "is my diet plan disgusting or not"?

• coruscatti
    Options
    Honestly, I was going to say that your plan sounds fine. I personally could not munch on leafy greens like a rabbit but that's cool if you can, I too like to stick to similar things for meals because it is easier to plan, however, you keep saying you weren't expecting so many 'rude' comments, no one was being rude, maybe a little facetious but I don't think they were expecting you to be quite so sensitive. You came onto a site where people are trying their best to lose weight and be healthy create a post to rate your diet plan that even an educated person stated no one could actually follow then say 'now I know why americans are so obese' then cry about how they hurt your feelings? I'm just blown away...

That was only after there were several posts mocking my diet. I figured if people are going to mock me, I might as well mock them back.

And of course it's "possible" to follow such a diet plan. There are tons of people who have a way more restrictive diet plan than mine. I'm pretty sure the paleo diet is more restrictive than my diet. Or veganism. Or raw veganism. I don't even think my diet is that restrictive...it just has less meat and less sugar than most peoples'.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Yes but the very title of "Hot or Not" gives you an idea of what type of culture you should expect there. Whereas "MyFitnessPal" kind of implies that people will be supportive.

Lots of people rated it. And you took offense.

again: ABANDON THREAD
  • coruscatti
    Options

You keep saying that and yet you also keep posting....

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

You keep saying that and yet you also keep posting....
    I'm telling you what I suggest for you.
    But right, you don't want feedback lol.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Out of ten, I'd rate this intake plan at 0/10.

Lacks substantive value, interest, or factors related to longevity.
  • coruscatti
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Out of ten, I'd rate this intake plan at 0/10.

Lacks substantive value, interest, or factors related to longevity.

Is that an actual rating of my diet plan or some kind of play on words?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Surely it's time for a flogging a dead horse gif??
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Surely it's time for a flogging a dead horse gif??
    It's time.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

But it also didn't say "rate my diet plan from a nutritional standpoint" either. From your own comments and what you say you wanted to hear, that's how it should have been worded. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't post a vague topic and then expect people to read your mind about what context the answers should be.

• LeenaJean
    Options

That was only after there were several posts mocking my diet. I figured if people are going to mock me, I might as well mock them back.

And of course it's "possible" to follow such a diet plan. There are tons of people who have a way more restrictive diet plan than mine. I'm pretty sure the paleo diet is more restrictive than my diet. Or veganism. Or raw veganism. I don't even think my diet is that restrictive...it just has less meat and less sugar than most peoples'.

Goodness! This is what I'm talking about... no one was mocking you, they were just messing around, you could be an adult and choose which posts to comment to or you could be a troll and engage, engage, engage. Why would you think after someone posted something facetious that all of a sudden they would response constructively to your attitude? You seriously ignored all of the positive things I said in my comment and attacked something that someone else said, I merely summarized. You are very literal and petty, stuff your face, be happy and carry on.
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You asked for opinions and then argue with them. I don't get it.

I'm just confused. I didn't expect such an overwhelmingly negative response. I also didn't expect people to be shaming me based on how "boring" my meals are. I was hoping to get a response along the lines of is this diet HEALTHY or not, not whether you personally would eat it.

If you post on the forums expect 75% criticism or personal relativity. If that's not what you want then post to your friends list, if they don't say what you want to hear then unfriend them.

I find searching the forums for something similar to see responses before putting myself out there to be most productive because most of the time people ask questions, get responses and then get defensive. By just reading someone else I don't take it personally, but still gain from what is written.

Plus asking about specific food choices in terms of "rate my diet plan!" I think you already think that what you are eating is healthy/know it and just wanted other people to agree with you on how well you are choosing foods. However, the vast variety of people on this site and different macros and diet patterns that people on this site follow prove to generate mostly criticism on the forums because we are all quite different.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hey op, sorry for the not-so-helpful responses. Honestly it sounds fine to me , but I do think that maybe you are overthinking things a bit too much! eating almost exactly the same thing every day would drive me crazy but you know yourself better than anyone of us.

also I think other people on this thread are over exaggerating- seems you take days off from logging which to me shows you aren't overly obsessed or anything.

I would give it a few weeks and see how you're feeling, then tweak it from there! Also, what about hard boiled eggs for lunch? You don't have to refrigerate. Or maybe you could get a thermos that will keep your food warm so that you can bring soups and things. Just a suggestion!