rate my diet plan!

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    coruscatti wrote: »
    It seems rather unpleasant and random, tbh. It doesn't seem based on any nutritional dogma, and certainly doesn't seem based on tastebuds. But if it works for you, and you're getting enough calories, then best of luck.

Actually it is based on my personal tastes...it took me a really long time to find breakfast foods I actually wanted to eat. What is so "unpleasant and random" about it? Is it the lack of sugar? It's based off of more or less meeting the requirements given to me by MFP, eating a mostly vegetarian diet (with meat once a week), reducing sugar, and eating legumes/nuts, vegetables, and whole grains. Soooo basically what most nutritionists say are the cornerstones of a healthy diet.
    What nutritionists?

No, it's not about the sugar. I don't eat added much in the way of added sugars.

Glad you like it. It still seems quite random to me. The dinner seems fine. It's just the rest that seems monotonous and random. But again, if you like it.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I withhold judgement based upon two things: 1) What's your TDEE? 2) Can you eat like this every day? If not, work in some other meals that you could also eat to fight boredom and reduce the risk of blowing calories on something else entirely because you're bored.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you eat the same thing 5 days a week....

So?

so nothing... you asked why poeple thought it was restrictive... i answered...
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    OP- why so specific?

Things that are more relevant than talking about your toasted whole-grain bread:

What are the calories? What are the macros? What is your TDEE? What is your goal?
  • coruscatti
    Options
    What nutritionists?

No, it's not about the sugar. I don't eat added much in the way of added sugars.

Glad you like it. It still seems quite random to me. The dinner seems fine. It's just the rest that seems monotonous and random. But again, if you like it.

The FDA guidelines.

What is so "random" about it? For breakfast I have a bunch of protein and fat to keep me awake and last me until 10:30 AM or so. For lunch I have some protein and fat but also carbs for fuel. Morning and afternoon snacks are just to keep me from getting hungry between meals (because if I get hungry between meals I WILL go out and buy some overpriced Evo Hemp bar or something sugary).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What nutritionists?

The FDA guidelines.

What is so "random" about it? For breakfast I have a bunch of protein and fat to keep me awake and last me until 10:30 AM or so. For lunch I have some protein and fat but also carbs for fuel. Morning and afternoon snacks are just to keep me from getting hungry between meals (because if I get hungry between meals I WILL go out and buy some overpriced Evo Hemp bar or something sugary).
    Ok, now THAT sounds reasonable "a bunch of protein and fat"
    Some protein and fat, with some carbs...
    Snacks to keep from getting hungry.

Much less restrictive. :smile:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You asked for opinions and then argue with them. I don't get it.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    You lost me at Cheerios with water.
  • coruscatti
    Options
    I withhold judgement based upon two things: 1) What's your TDEE? 2) Can you eat like this every day? If not, work in some other meals that you could also eat to fight boredom and reduce the risk of blowing calories on something else entirely because you're bored.

Currently my recommended calories are 1600. I forgot what my TDEE is...maybe 1800?

I have been eating pretty much like this on and off for the past few weeks and haven't gotten bored yet. Lunch is a little boring but it's basically my only option because my job doesn't have a break room with a refrigerator, so all the stuff I bring has to be nonperishable. We're moving to a new building in a couple of months supposedly that will have a break room.

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Ok I really don't understand...what is so restrictive about this plan? What do you all usually eat?

For breakfast:

2 scrambled eggs, 2-3 slices of bacon, an English muffin
    OR
    Oatmeal with flaxseed and brown sugar
    OR
    English muffin with PB, 50-70 grams of banana, and 2-3 slices of bacon

I usually don't eat a morning snack.

Lunch:

4 oz. Boar's Head turkey breast on a low carb wrap with lettuce
    Chips or pretzels for a side

Afternoon snack(s):
    • Fiber One bar
    • Kind bar
    • Zone bar
    • Banana
    • Pretzels
    • Hummus and veggies
    • Guacamole and tortilla chips

Dinner:
    4 oz. chicken, baked potato with Earth Balance, green beans with EVOO and garlic
    OR
    6 oz. salmon, brown rice, asparagus with EVOO and garlic
    OR
    4 oz. steak, baked potato with Earth Balance, green beans with EVOO and garlic

Late night snack:
    • Popcorn
    • Rice cakes
  • coruscatti
    Options

The water isn't ON the Cheerios...I am drinking water with the Cheerios to stay hydrated.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

thats the beauty of MFP forums!!!! :laugh:
  • coruscatti
    Options

I'm just confused. I didn't expect such an overwhelmingly negative response. I also didn't expect people to be shaming me based on how "boring" my meals are. I was hoping to get a response along the lines of is this diet HEALTHY or not, not whether you personally would eat it.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options

Me too. That sounds super nasty and weirdly mushy.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    What nutritionists?

The FDA guidelines.

If you don't care what other people think about your diet, why did you create the post?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I'm just confused. I didn't expect such an overwhelmingly negative response. I also didn't expect people to be shaming me based on how "boring" my meals are. I was hoping to get a response along the lines of is this diet HEALTHY or not, not whether you personally would eat it.

what have people said thats 'shaming'?????? :noway:

the topic is 'rate my diet plan' but you dont want opinions that dont agree with you!?
  • coruscatti
    Options

Me too. That sounds super nasty and weirdly mushy.

Ummmm once again the water is alongside the Cheerios, aka to drink, not on them. I don't like milk on cereal anyway, never have.

• TavistockToad
    Options

The water isn't ON the Cheerios...I am drinking water with the Cheerios to stay hydrated.

because everyone knows how dehydrating cheerios are....
  • coruscatti
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    If you don't care what other people think about your diet, why did you create the post?

As I said I wanted advice on whether it's healthy or not, not whether you personally would eat it.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Currently my recommended calories are 1600. I forgot what my TDEE is...maybe 1800?

I have been eating pretty much like this on and off for the past few weeks and haven't gotten bored yet. Lunch is a little boring but it's basically my only option because my job doesn't have a break room with a refrigerator, so all the stuff I bring has to be nonperishable. We're moving to a new building in a couple of months supposedly that will have a break room.

You can buy ice packs and freeze them. Then they will be ready to put in your lunch box.