rate my diet plan!

Options

Replies

• coruscatti
    Options
    because everyone knows how dehydrating cheerios are....

No it's just a reminder for me to drink water throughout the day. Sometimes I forget and get headaches.

And yes they kind of are dehydrating if you have them dry.

• coruscatti
    coruscatti Posts: 81
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You can buy ice packs and freeze them. Then they will be ready to put in your lunch box.

I tried that but they all melted well before lunchtime and I felt like they didn't really keep the food cold even when they were frozen. However it would be useful to use icepacks to keep food cold during my morning commute and then put it in the refrigerator once I get to work...if we had a refrigerator.

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I think this sounds so incredibly boring, but hey, if you have no problem with it and it keeps you on track, I don't see anything wrong with it. I eat the same breakfast every day and generally the same items for my other meals, but I have around 7-10 items that I choose from. The only thing that is odd for me is the lentils and greens for breakfast.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    coruscatti wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You asked for opinions and then argue with them. I don't get it.

I'm just confused. I didn't expect such an overwhelmingly negative response. I also didn't expect people to be shaming me based on how "boring" my meals are. I was hoping to get a response along the lines of is this diet HEALTHY or not, not whether you personally would eat it.
    No one is "shaming you". You started a thread called "rate my diet plan". They are.

Do yourself a favor: don't start threads asking for people's opinions on your decisions.

best of luck on your journey and in this community. cheers
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Well looks fine to me but then I routinely have lentils for breakfast. With veggies sometimes, if there are any leftover in the fridge. And I eat the same stuff over and over. If you actually like eating this way, then go for it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP said a plain non fat greek yogurt which is 90 calories for breakfast + half tablespoon of olive oil 60 calories + half banana is what 90 calories? so that is 300 for breakfast…

half cup of cheerios with water is what, 50?

lunch sounds like maybe 400 calories and 50 calorie snack..

Dinner, sounds like about another 400 calories…

OK, so maybe 1100 t0 1200….

still sounds uber restrictive to me …

and i would still rate it at negative 10

Some needs to work on their reading comprehension!

Breakfast is yogurt (90 cals), an entire banana (90 cals), and lentils (180 cals) with olive oil (60 cals but may increase to a whole tablespoon if needed). That adds up to 420 calories or 480 if I put an entire tablespoon of olive oil in.

A cup of Cheerios is 100 cals.

Lunch is only 385 calories not counting the snack but since I have an afternoon snack (which I mis-wrote, I meant to say an entire serving of wasabi peas instead of half) the calories are ok. The afternoon snack is around 120 cals I think.

Dinner varies since the portion sizes can vary. At this time my dinners are usually around 500 calories since that's all the calories I have left by the end of the day. Right now I'm supposed to eat 1600 cals a day.

Once I go into maintenance I will adjust all the portion sizes accordingly.

Also let me ask you a question, are you being so angry about my diet plan because you personally wouldn't be able to follow a diet this "healthy"?

you asked people to rate your diet, I did ..now you are upset, because you don't like my rating? OK ....
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    It's missing a daily serving of 2 things.

Free%20Cone%20Day.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
  • coruscatti
    Options
    It's missing a daily serving of 2 things.

Actually it does have one serving of "junk" food...at lunch. Can't say ice cream or Pop Tarts appeal to me though. For me it's brownies and vegan cupcakes.

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    You lost me at Cheerios with water.

That's what I thought!! LOL :#

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Ok I really don't understand...what is so restrictive about this plan? What do you all usually eat?

No plans, the only plan is I eat whatever I want, whenever I want as long as it is mostly veggies, fruits, a little bit of fish, meats, eggs and cheese, and a sweet treat every now and then. This week, I'm craving Polynesian food! Yesterday, I made salmon taro spinach bake in coconut milk. Omg delicious! Snacks this week are bananas, persimmons, clementines, and pomegranate seeds. Menu changes every week. I think you just need more variety.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    All I can say is research diet plans from reputable people.

• coruscatti
    Options
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »
    Ok I really don't understand...what is so restrictive about this plan? What do you all usually eat?

No plans, the only plan is I eat whatever I want, whenever I want as long as it is mostly veggies, fruits, a little bit of fish, meats, eggs and cheese, and a sweet treat every now and then. This week, I'm craving Polynesian food! Yesterday, I made salmon taro spinach bake in coconut milk. Omg delicious! Snacks this week are bananas, persimmons, clementines, and pomegranate seeds. Menu changes every week. I think you just need more variety.

But how many hours a week do you spend preparing food and planning meals and grocery shopping?

For me the benefit of eating the same thing every day is I don't have to think about it or spend a lot of time on it. When I drag myself out of bed in the morning and rush around getting ready for work, I don't have decide what I want to eat, or cook some fancy sausage and egg thing and then wash a greasy frying pan. My lentils and yogurt are already in the fridge and just need a couple of minutes preparation to be ready to eat. Same for preparing lunch...my lunch and morning/afternoon snacks take only a couple of minutes to put together since it's basically just putting stuff in containers. When I go to the grocery store I basically already know what to buy and it takes less than 5 minutes to compile my shopping list.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I rate this diet twelve whole-grain breads out of eight wasabi peas. With a Z-snap.

coruscatti, it's fine. Check back in a while.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    If you don't care what other people think about your diet, why did you create the post?

As I said I wanted advice on whether it's healthy or not, not whether you personally would eat it.
    It's hard to tell whether or not it's "healthy" because you didn't provide macros or any real nutritional information. It sounds low in protein and fat, and high in carbs to me. Does it help you meet your goals? Then fine, it's healthy enough.

You won't find a ton of support on here for very strict or rigid diet plans. That's not how the majority of people on MFP choose to eat. If they work for you, that's great, but you have to know that this kind of post wouldn't be well received.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    What are your macros based on your day? What's your % of carbs, fat and protein? That's more important than the individual things you eat
  • coruscatti
    edited November 2014
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    It's hard to tell whether or not it's "healthy" because you didn't provide macros or any real nutritional information. It sounds low in protein and fat, and high in carbs to me. Does it help you meet your goals? Then fine, it's healthy enough.

You won't find a ton of support on here for very strict or rigid diet plans. That's not how the majority of people on MFP choose to eat. If they work for you, that's great, but you have to know that this kind of post wouldn't be well received.

Well I lost 7 pounds in less than 2 months, and I feel pretty good about eating these foods for the foreseeable future. It is a little high in carbs but you really only need 50g of protein per day and I'm getting about 70-80g, so I think it's fine. It's actually fairly high in fat though because of the nuts and oils...I am often over my fat for the day.

Honestly my main concerns with this diet plan are a) the phytic acid intake from so many nuts/legumes/grains, and b) that once I reach my goal weight and readjust for maintenance I won't be eating enough calories (I think MFP's estimate of my TDEE is low given the amount of weight I've lost, but I don't know exactly how much it's off by) and that I will keep losing weight.

I don't think of this diet plan as strict. I have one junk food item every day. That seems fine to me. Some people might get bored eating the same thing every day but it doesn't bother me, especially because I have more variety on the weekends.

I guess I am not too familiar with the "culture" here...there definitely seems to be a real anti-vegetarian sentiment and "eat meat with every meal!" Maybe I should find another forum that has more vegetarians on it. I'm not 100% vegetarian but I definitely seem to eat a lot less meat than most people.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I don't think your meal plan sounds bad. I'm glad you have veggies listed for every meal. Nutrients are important. I would be afraid of eating any foods continually, day in and day out though only because I get bored and then diets fail.

But, you are losing relatively minimal weight and this doesn't have to be a year long plan. You can change up your foods and add variety. A banana could switch to an apple or a pear, or a cup of melon... (again, good to change fruits to have wider range of nutrients).

Don't know how you digest unripe bananas. I love ripe ones, but the unripe ones just give me an upset stomach.

Good luck with those last few pounds. :)
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 535 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

It is a little high in carbs but you really only need 50g of protein per day and I'm getting about 70-80g, so I think it's fine. It's actually fairly high in fat though because of the nuts and oils...I am often over my fat for the day.
    Oh you've just opened a can of worms there!!!!!
    Honestly my main concerns with this diet plan are a) the phytic acid intake from so many nuts/legumes/grains, and b) that once I reach my goal weight and readjust for maintenance I won't be eating enough calories (I think MFP's estimate of my TDEE is low given the amount of weight I've lost, but I don't know exactly how much it's off by) and that I will keep losing weight.
    Think you need to research TDEE more, as doesn't matter how much weight you've lost. It's what you weigh now that counts

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »

Well I lost 7 pounds in less than 2 months, and I feel pretty good about eating these foods for the foreseeable future. It is a little high in carbs but you really only need 50g of protein per day and I'm getting about 70-80g, so I think it's fine. It's actually fairly high in fat though because of the nuts and oils...I am often over my fat for the day.

I don't think of this diet plan as strict. I have one junk food item every day. That seems fine to me. Some people might get bored eating the same thing every day but it doesn't bother me, especially because I have more variety on the weekends.

I guess I am not too familiar with the "culture" here...there definitely seems to be a real anti-vegetarian sentiment and "eat meat with every meal!" Maybe I should find another forum that has more vegetarians on it. I'm not 100% vegetarian but I definitely seem to eat a lot less meat than most people.
    Hi, nice to meet you, I'm 100% vegetarian. Have been since I was 11.
  • coruscatti
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Nicola0000 wrote: »
    Oh you've just opened a can of worms there!!!!!

Does this mean the high-fat-high-protein minions are going to come on the warpath? I don't mind that I'm over my fat intake, since they're mostly "good fats." I don't mind high fat high protein either, it's just not my thing to eat meat with every meal. This is for multiple reasons. I only buy ethically raised meat for personal reasons, and it does get quite expensive. I can get an entire bag of lentils that makes enough for nine meals for about $1.30. Meat is also annoying to prepare because it raises issues of salmonella and stuff, which isn't as much of a risk for plant-based foods.
    Think you need to research TDEE more, as doesn't matter how much weight you've lost. It's what you weigh now that counts

What I'm saying is that I'm losing weight at a faster rate than expected, which means that I'm probably expending more calories per day than what MFP says I am, creating a larger calorie deficit. So when I go into maintenance I have to adjust for that...MFP says I should have 1800 cals per day when I go into maintenance at 120 pounds, but I might need to eat more than that to stay the same weight.