Thanksgiving

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I'm going out to dinner tomorrow for Thanksgiving, so I won't be able to know exactly how many calories in each food, but I'm going to log it to the best of my ability. My strategy is to drink a lot of water before I eat so I feel fuller. But I'm also not going to deprive myself of a slice of pie either :)

Only one slice of pie?

Enjoy your dinner out
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Nope, not going to log. It's one day out of the year. I will eat a normal breakfast and lunch and then slowly enjoy my dinner. No inhaling ;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Nope, not going to log. It's one day out of the year. I will eat a normal breakfast and lunch and then slowly enjoy my dinner. No inhaling ;)

are you going to drink some good wine???

see what I did there..see, see, see????

bahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cooking everything and logging over here. If I wasn't cooking I probably wouldn't bother either lol this is my first year on MFP. :)
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

are you going to drink some good wine???

see what I did there..see, see, see????

bahahahahahahahahahahaha

Very clever..... Oh you know it!!!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Just another normal day for me. Not going over my calorie allotment and eating what I would typically eat. I'm cooking some dishes that I won't eat and don't care at all. Before starting this weight loss journey, everyday was frigging TG for me. "Missing out" on stuffing my face this year won't leave me feeling deprived at all.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy the holiday!!!
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I won't log but I'm going to watch what I am eating. I learned my lesson at my work pitch in. A coworker told me I was "well fed" enough and didn't need the brie I had. Nice... :(
  • Hanowenho
    Options
    All this food talk is making me hungry! Unlucky for me, in the UK it's just another Thursday...
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Gonna generically log bug not really care if I go over
  • gbklvr
    gbklvr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I won't log but I'm going to watch what I am eating. I learned my lesson at my work pitch in. A coworker told me I was "well fed" enough and didn't need the brie I had. Nice... :(

Did you politely tell him his parents should've abstained the night he was conceived????
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'll log everything with 0% accuracy and enjoy myself.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm going to eat anything and everything I want and enjoy every single bite without a bit of worry. And then Friday I'll be right back to eating well and logging it all. One day of splurging has never done a bit of harm to my progress (in fact, sometimes it helps in the gym) so I'm just going to focus on family and fun that day :)
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I will log but will have to estimate amounts. Made a low cal crustless pumpkin pie @ 35 Calories vs the 325 calories per 1/8 of pie I will bake for the rest of the family :)
  • Wondertje
    Wondertje Posts: 63 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just a question, but why do you guys not log when you're not the ones cooking the food?

I'm always logging everything I eat, if I haven't cooked it myself I will guesstimate the amount of butter/oil to something I'd find reasonable, judging by my knowledge of the person and what standards in general are. I'd much rather have a really rough estimation of what I'm eating, than nothing at all. In my very humble but honest opinion, not logging 'cause you didn't cook just sounds like an excuse to be able to ignore just how many calories one consumes under these circumstances.

I personally don't celebrate thanksgiving since I'm from Sweden, but there's soon christmas - and that's a real food feast here. I will log, either exactly or estimates of everything I eat, so that I know I'm not nearing 2500+ calories which otherwise would be more than possible with all the christmas candy.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with deciding not to log for the reason of believing that days of splurges are not an issue and whatever else. I have them myself for some occations as these. If you want to not log a single thing and enjoy it all, go right ahead - you won't get fat! It was just the "I didn't cook so I don't log" argument that was grinding my gears a bit.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'll log breakfast, and add lunch as "buffet plate" and however many plates of food I ate.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    That being said, I am bringing three flavors of pie, and plan on have a big (500 cal?) peice of each one.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Wondertje wrote: »
    Just a question, but why do you guys not log when you're not the ones cooking the food?

I'm always logging everything I eat, if I haven't cooked it myself I will guesstimate the amount of butter/oil to something I'd find reasonable, judging by my knowledge of the person and what standards in general are. I'd much rather have a really rough estimation of what I'm eating, than nothing at all. In my very humble but honest opinion, not logging 'cause you didn't cook just sounds like an excuse to be able to ignore just how many calories one consumes under these circumstances.

I personally don't celebrate thanksgiving since I'm from Sweden, but there's soon christmas - and that's a real food feast here. I will log, either exactly or estimates of everything I eat, so that I know I'm not nearing 2500+ calories which otherwise would be more than possible with all the christmas candy.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with deciding not to log for the reason of believing that days of splurges are not an issue and whatever else. I have them myself for some occations as these. If you want to not log a single thing and enjoy it all, go right ahead - you won't get fat! It was just the "I didn't cook so I don't log" argument that was grinding my gears a bit.

Because unless you ask the person who made it every ingredient/measurement they put in the dish, it's going to be impossible to know exactly what you're eating. We ordered from a local restaurant, therefore I have no idea how much butter went into the mashed potatoes or all the ingredients in their dressing.
  • fitandsparkly
    fitandsparkly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to log as much as I can, but most foods I'm eating I have no idea how many calories are in them. I was watching the news this morning and the national average of calories eaten on Thanksgiving dinner is 4,500! I definitely hope I don't eat that much, but I'm not depriving myself on my favorite holiday that only comes once a year! :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to log as much as I can, but most foods I'm eating I have no idea how many calories are in them. I was watching the news this morning and the national average of calories eaten on Thanksgiving dinner is 4,500! I definitely hope I don't eat that much, but I'm not depriving myself on my favorite holiday that only comes once a year! :)

I definitely hope I do... :)
    Wondertje wrote: »

2500 calories?? That's light :p
  • justaboat
    justaboat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm not celebrating Thanksgiving this year so I'll be logging everything