Thanksgiving Day - How many Calories?

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    I logged 1600 for dinner -- but that's because I chose "Thanksgiving Dinner" from the database. Plus 600 calories in wine. Who knows how much I actually ate.

The scale doesn't seem to care -- it said I was down a half pound this morning.

I think 1600 is pretty accurate. Check my diary -- I came in at 1623 with a pretty typical Thanksgiving meal with dessert. I tried some of everything, measured, and tracked. Over 2200 for the day. I don't know what any of these people are eating who say they ate under 1300 for the day. Maybe they don't eat breakfast?

Without my breakfast yesterday I'm still at 5000 + for the day so no clue
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options

and that's with three slices of oreo pumpkin pie <3
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, only 1895. My normal goal is 1300. I was pretty careful about what I ate early in the day -- basically an egg white omlette with lots of veggies and coffee. I went to dinner planning to eat a bit of everything that appealed to me and to have dessert (which was my contribution -- a traditional English trifle, definitely not diet food). It ended up being pretty easy to keep control since my hosts had a traditional thanksgiving meal but nothing over the top. It showed up on the scale this morning but I suspect it will disappear by tomorrow.
  • emeraldbat
    Options
    I think I actually stayed within my goal, my appetite has shrunk considerably and everything I ate was fairly small portions, never had seconds and only one piece of pie. Still a great night though.
  • wagglesworth
    wagglesworth Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I went 531 calories over my daily 1.200 limit. It was the 2 slices of Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake that did me in. And I have to say it was worth every bite! Yummy!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    CarrieCans wrote: »
    I am hoping my estimates are really off. I came in at 891 calories for the whole day. So not the 1400 i was expecting just from dinner.

You could have had that piece of pie and still been under!

• Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I logged pretty accurately; I ended up at 2100 or so for the day-- almost 500 over my usual! And I went for a long run in the morning. Oh well-- I'm barely interested in food today so I think it will balance out fine.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'm just shocked at all the people that ate less than I do on a normal day, hell ate less than I do when I'm sick.

I feel sorry for them.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I'm just shocked at all the people that ate less than I do on a normal day, hell ate less than I do when I'm sick.

I feel sorry for them.

Me too. This cherry pie tastes really good right now
  • randomtai
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

I feel sorry for them.

Me too. This cherry pie tastes really good right now

For real... I think I will hit at least 4500 cals today :P
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

How small were the slices to come in at 1196 for the day? 1 slice of my pumpkin is 386 calories
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    I logged 1600 for dinner -- but that's because I chose "Thanksgiving Dinner" from the database. Plus 600 calories in wine. Who knows how much I actually ate.

The scale doesn't seem to care -- it said I was down a half pound this morning.

I think 1600 is pretty accurate. Check my diary -- I came in at 1623 with a pretty typical Thanksgiving meal with dessert. I tried some of everything, measured, and tracked. Over 2200 for the day. I don't know what any of these people are eating who say they ate under 1300 for the day. Maybe they don't eat breakfast?

I had a protein shake for breakfast, and didn't eat until dinner and I still hit like around 3500.
  • klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    About the normal amount for the day, just under 1500 calories even though I did not exercise. I had turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. No dessert, gravy, sauces, or anything containing sugar. I was the only one at the table who wasn't complaining of feeling excessively full. Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean I have to undo the progress I've made so far. I was just happy I didn't have to cook. :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

How small were the slices to come in at 1196 for the day? 1 slice of my pumpkin is 386 calories
    Figure add another 100 cals to each slice for the oreo tax.
  • randomtai
    Options
    klbrowser wrote: »
    About the normal amount for the day, just under 1500 calories even though I did not exercise. I had turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. No dessert, gravy, sauces, or anything containing sugar. I was the only one at the table who wasn't complaining of feeling excessively full. Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean I have to undo the progress I've made so far. I was just happy I didn't have to cook. :)

Eating for one day doesn't undo the progress. That sounds sad.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    klbrowser wrote: »

Yup that's what happened I ate over 6000 calories of everything yesterday, especially the stuff that had sugar and this morning I gained back all 119 lbs I've lost cause that's how it works.
  • klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not so sad. I find it's easier to stay on track if I don't stuff myself on special occasions. Plus the turkey was really delicious.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Sailatsorf wrote: »
    I eat like a bird, so 2000 is a ton for me.

I love this expression! Birds have very high metabolism, so they may eat up to their own body weight in food daily. I doubt any of us "eat like a bird". LOL

My estimate for yesterday was just over 3800...much less than I thought it would be.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Around 4500 I think but no regret!
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    About 1200 for the meal- so worth it!