Healthy sugar free dessert

Options

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Fruit tart with a nut crust! I personally love walnuts...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Don't dump your diet on others...
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Stewed fruit with natural yoghurt.

A dried fruit platter - figs, dates, a few nuts. Just don't give them too much.

Fresh fruit salad with yoghurt and a sprinkling of nuts or seeds. Especially pine nuts.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    The tears of a clown
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    Stewed fruit with natural yoghurt.

A dried fruit platter - figs, dates, a few nuts. Just don't give them too much.

Fresh fruit salad with yoghurt and a sprinkling of nuts or seeds. Especially pine nuts.

Fruit is sugar...
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Check out Emily von Euw's website...OMG! www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/

Healthy desserts (her recipes are raw, delicious and she usually uses dates or figs to sweeten those treats up)

Her 'Rawsome Vegan Baking' book contains such amazing pics too, that you simply are so inspired to make them all...and devour them all too!

Happy treat making:))
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    merazt2013 wrote: »
    well but its a healthy sugar, right.... desserts are sweet but I think can be healthier too

sugar is sugar, sources does not matter.

Yet I'd bet an apple and a twinkie aren't created equal. Even if they have roughly the same amount of sugar.

I think you'll find they are identical, both give the same levels of micro nutrients and fibre, also they are processed by your body at the exact same speed - ALL sugar is equal, ALL foods containing sugar is equal - they all look the same and all taste the same, so you must eat them all....!

In fact you MUST NOT cut any food from your diet - you have to eat EVERYTHING, just in moderation. Then you will have an optimal Utopian diet.

I hope this clears things up.
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Quirky_but_nice Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Crackers and cheese with grapes on the side. You can then choose a variety of low fat or standard cheeses and portion control will sort out the rest.
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Quirky_but_nice Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    well but its a healthy sugar, right.... desserts are sweet but I think can be healthier too

Yet I'd bet an apple and a twinkie aren't created equal. Even if they have roughly the same amount of sugar.

I think you'll find they are identical, both give the same levels of micro nutrients and fibre, also they are processed by your body at the exact same speed - ALL sugar is equal, ALL foods containing sugar is equal - they all look the same and all taste the same, so you must eat them all....!

In fact you MUST NOT cut any food from your diet - you have to eat EVERYTHING, just in moderation. Then you will have an optimal Utopian diet.

No they are not identical. An apple, having far more fibre, is digested at a slower rate. Yes, you need to eat all food groups, but sense tells me that what I used to eat to get fat is not what is best for my future. So no Twinkies, more apples!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

No they are not identical. An apple, having far more fibre, is digested at a slower rate. Yes, you need to eat all food groups, but sense tells me that what I used to eat to get fat is not what is best for my future. So no Twinkies, more apples!

eat 5000 calories of apples and see what happens…something tells me you will gain ...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

eat 5000 calories of apples and see what happens…something tells me you will gain ...

Eat 5000 calories for a few days and get back to me.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

it SO does. NOT
  • ndj1979
    Options

i believe that the posters point is that twinkies made her fat (bad) and apples would not (good)…it is not the type of food but the volume consumed...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

i believe that the posters point is that twinkies made her fat (bad) and apples would not (good)…it is not the type of food but the volume consumed...

Is that her point? hmmm. ok.
  • ndj1979
    Options

well she said "no twinkies, more apples"
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited November 2014
    Options

well she said "no twinkies, more apples"

No. I said something about them. She just asked about a nice thanksgiving dessert.
    but, ok
    YOU are conflating your posters. If you'd like to clarify, I'd be happy to continue. But no, that's not what *I* said.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,581 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think any food is unhealthy, but this one is good if you don't use a lot of sugar and calorie count is decent.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/seven-layer-gelatin-salad/

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Well im attempting to get on this new health kick, so I guess not necessarily sugar free...maybe just healthier?

Fruit pies. Use half wholemeal flour for the crust. Instead of putting on a top crust, sprinkle with toasted oats and nuts. Apple pie with cranberries, bottom crust only, topped with toasted walnuts and oats and just a smidge of brown sugar is really delicious.

[/i]

I would agree but instead of wholemeal flour, I would use almond flour or some other kind of nut flour in place of some of the flour you use for the crust. agreed about "dutch" topping as well....