Downsides to working out at night?

Options
2»

Replies

• fitmama0914
    Options
    sarieth05 wrote: »
    I have trouble sleeping and am a huge night owl (don't usually manage to get to sleep until after 3am most nights), so I actually prefer working out at night. I always have really awful fatigue (possibly thyroid issues) during most of the day and usually can finally convince myself to get off my butt around 9pm. >.> At least I'm still working out!

Exactly, working out at night is better than saying "screw it". I think at the moment, trying to switch my times would sabotage me because I've got too much going on in terms of what I am trying to change. I'm more motivated in the evening, probably because I know I won't have as many distractions.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    It's best just to get it in when you can and not worry so much about the time. I switch it up depending on the day and my other plans.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I would love to get up early and start my day with a work out but that just has not happened yet. For now I tuck the kiddos in and then work out. After working out I usually have a lot of spunk so then I finish up any work around the house that I need to do. I tend to be a night owl so I have to make sure I don't stay up too late. Initially I thought it would bother my sleep but found that I am actually sleeping better. I have worked out during my youngest ones nap before but I can't consistently do that as I work some days and routine is best for me so.... late night work outs it is.
  • RubenAHarris
    RubenAHarris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Been working out my entire life without any issues. My wife and I work out after putting the kids to bed and we both sleep like logs. I am a morning person and could do it in the am but I find that it triggers my appetite too much and makes me hungry all day. As a result it's counterproductive for me to do it in the am.