New squat/deadlift sneakers

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Checkout Rogue for some ideas http://www.roguefitness.com/. There own line is pretty popular and not very expensive. Also, I have used cheap dress shoes with good results since they have a hard supportive sole and are almost as good as a real lifting shoe.
  • Wheelhouse15
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Checkout Rogue for some ideas http://www.roguefitness.com/. There own line is pretty popular and not very expensive. Also, I have used cheap dress shoes with good results since they have a hard supportive sole and are almost as good as a real lifting shoe.

Yup. I was on there all day yesterday and on Eastbay. Eastbay has better deals so I'm going with them.

I've heard great things about Eastbay but they don't seem to have a Canadian presence so for me Rogue is the better option. Sucks having to pay duty! :angry:
  • Wheelhouse15

Yup. I was on there all day yesterday and on Eastbay. Eastbay has better deals so I'm going with them.

I've heard great things about Eastbay but they don't seem to have a Canadian presence so for me Rogue is the better option. Sucks having to pay duty! :angry:
    My condolences on being Canadian.

LOL, it's not so bad if you like snow! ;)
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    GIo35CU.jpg

I'm ordering these reeboks from the advice of my lifting coach.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    I got Romaleos for squatting and bench and wear seriously cheap Chuck knock-offs for deadlifting.

You can wear Chucks for both but it depends on your squat style and ankle flexibility how well they'll suit for squats long term.

I love the feeling of being stuck to the floor that I get with Romaleos.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    GIo35CU.jpg

I tried searching google for this image, and I got back a whole bunch of read pumps and red purses. Google fail...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    auddii wrote: »
    GIo35CU.jpg

I tried searching google for this image, and I got back a whole bunch of read pumps and red purses. Google fail...

http://www.reebok.com/us/reebok-crossfit-lite-tr/M42788_510.html?pr=CUSTOMIZE_IMG_Reebok%2520CrossFit%2520Lite%2520TR

They have them in low top version too
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited December 2014
    New Balance Minimums- not good for heavy abuse honestly- the rubber grips on mine started giving way within 3 months- but I have had them for 2 years now and I still reach for them regularly- run- jump- squat- dead- all the things. Great for just mucking about the city too if need be.

I'm honestly to cheap to buy a pair of frigging chucks for 45$ that I can only lift in.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member

I envy you folks, you can actually buy horse meat. That stuff is delicious.
  • Wheelhouse15
    dbmata wrote: »

Actually, that's news to me but I've never actually looked for it.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    GIo35CU.jpg

Hah so did I! Too funny!

If you've got a Reebok outlet near you, they've got a bunch of shoes just like that there. I wandered through one a few weeks ago. What sucks is that it's marked up because it says "Crossfit" on it =/
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    I typically lift in these:
    new-balance-minimus-10v2-running-shoes-minimalist-for-men-in-white-blue-greenp6596j_011500.2.jpg

I've used these in the past:
    adidas-powerlift-trainer-weightlifting-shoes-e1328909707581.jpg

These are my favorite all-around shoe, though sounds like you're looking for something more purpose-specific:
    f-lite%20195%2012%2013%20Blk%20wht.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member

All the horse I've eaten I've had people bring back from the land of the maple and mounties.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    603reader wrote: »
    GIo35CU.jpg

Hah so did I! Too funny!

If you've got a Reebok outlet near you, they've got a bunch of shoes just like that there. I wandered through one a few weeks ago. What sucks is that it's marked up because it says "Crossfit" on it =/

I saw the women's low tops were on sale for $45, which is pretty good; but, they don't have many color/size combinations in stock.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    I wear VFFs, but another option that I sometimes wear are Merrell Vapor Gloves.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/30843M/87111/Mens/Barefoot-Run-Vapor-Glove?dimensions=0
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

All the horse I've eaten I've had people bring back from the land of the maple and mounties.

well they don't have slaughter houses in the states any more- so it all goes to Canada or Mehico to be consumed or shipped.

I honestly wouldn't eat USA grown horse meat that's just been slaughtered up there.
    Nope nope nope nope. The drugs we put into horses here for regular things (worming etc) aren't FDA approved- nothing about horse meat here is regulated for human consumption.

As a horse lover I'm an outliar- I don't oppose it for squimy issues- I just think it's questionable on the health front.
  • Wheelhouse15

Hey! Don't forget strong beer and beavers -- the animal kind I mean. ;)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Chucks - I was wearing regular sneakers while weight lifting. I hate it. I feel like I'm sinking into my shoes. I don't feel stable. And furthermore, I'm convinced I had a blood vessel blowout from wearing "squishy" shoes. I had a huge lump and bruise under my knee. When I wear my Chucks for heavy lifting, such as squatting, I don't have blood vessel blowouts. I feel much more stable.