In your 20s without much to lose?

Options

Replies

• allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wowzers, this thread was so active while I was in class!! Amy0louise, I will change my settings to friends only BUT the caveat for my diary is that a lot of times I only log the main meals I eat in a day and then snack a bit to fill out my calories, so it often will look like I went like 500-600 calories under, but really I don't!

But I do eat a lot of delicious food, lol, so hopefully my diary will be helpful for new ideas!

I finish up classes on the 10th, then final papers due the 19th, then grading my students' papers will probably need to be done by.. oh, the 23rd or so. But I don't have to come back until January 20!!!
  • candacycaesar
    Options
    Hi all!!!

I'm 27, almost 6 ft (5, 11 exactly) and i'm trying to get back to my early 20s weight of about 145!

SW - 169
    CW - 159
    GW - 140-145
    Calorie target - 1210 but I usually eat about 1000 n lots of water

I am very skinny at the top, but booty and thighs needs to go..at least a bit of it. My weakness is sweets but I have learnt to love the sweets in fruits more so i'm making progress.

I started trying to lose weight late October and I mostly run, since I'm in South America with fantastic weather :)
    I am also a student, grad school, but i'm off for the year so I'm trying to shape up mind and body before I return next year.

Excited to meet u ladies, I need some motivation and some gals to keep me accountable!
  • maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    nadiabear1 wrote: »
    Hey im 18 and weigh 110, I got down to 95 but went back to 110 from losing motivation, Really want to get lower than 95 this time and keep it off. Planning on eating healthy everyday and going on my Cross trainer for as long as possible.

No offence nadia but I'm not going to add you because I don't think our goals or mindset correlate and your daily allowance is far too low.
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    Wowzers, this thread was so active while I was in class!! Amy0louise, I will change my settings to friends only BUT the caveat for my diary is that a lot of times I only log the main meals I eat in a day and then snack a bit to fill out my calories, so it often will look like I went like 500-600 calories under, but really I don't!

But I do eat a lot of delicious food, lol, so hopefully my diary will be helpful for new ideas!

I finish up classes on the 10th, then final papers due the 19th, then grading my students' papers will probably need to be done by.. oh, the 23rd or so. But I don't have to come back until January 20!!!
    Haha I'm so pleased there are a few of us on here with similar goals!
    Okay great, thanks so much! Good to know:) So much the better!

Oh man that sounds really late!! But yeah, cool about January- you can start the new year super healthy while the rest of us are just trying to get through term ha ;)

It's really good to know that I won't be starting a "new year's resolution" along with everyone else at the gym this year, and instead will be just keeping up my fitness goals I've had for the last 6 months or so.
    But I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about getting through those cold and dark months Jan & Feb (in the UK!! Jealous of all you who are elsewhere with better weather!)
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    Hi all!!!

I'm 27, almost 6 ft (5, 11 exactly) and i'm trying to get back to my early 20s weight of about 145!

SW - 169
    CW - 159
    GW - 140-145

I am very skinny at the top, but booty and thighs needs to go..at least a bit of it. My weakness is sweets but I have learnt to love the sweets in fruits more so i'm making progress.

I started trying to lose weight late October and I mostly run, since I'm in South America with fantastic weather :)
    I am also a student, grad school, but i'm off for the year so I'm trying to shape up mind and body before I return next year.

Excited to meet u ladies, I need some motivation and some gals to keep me accountable!

Hello!! Thanks for the add!!
    Oh yeah I know the feeling-- I'm far too skinny on top but all my weight goes straight to my middle/bum/thighs (but have very narrow hips?! strange, strange body).

I have a real sweet tooth too! I think with sweets even more so than dessert or cakes, because the sugars feel so artificial they really leave you craving more. So they're one of the few things I've tried to avoid completely- I don't trust myself with sweets!
    Totally agree about fruit, I eat so much each day. It's the nice thing noticing your palate change- milk now tastes sweet to me, and fruit is so sweet and juicy! At the moment I'm loving sweet pears and grapes.

Well done on your progress:)
    Oh cool so you're in S America for your year off? What are you doing? Well done on using it to shape up... I had an exchange year last year and I always intended to go running but ended up going out to another party... so you've done much better than me!;)
    Trying to me much more balanced in terms of sleep and a good routine etc now!
  • arnold824
    arnold824 Posts: 52
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm:
    Weight: 109kg (Highest), 93kg (As of Today), 70kg+ (goal)
    Height: 5"9

I'm a fourth year college student on my last semester and currently undergoing my thesis. I'm loosing at a steady pace of around 1kg/week. I'm an IT student with a passion for 3d animation and vfx even though I'm really terrible at drawing (I can't draw to save my life).

My weight loss routine:
    1. I don't do cardio
    2. 1,400+ calories a day diet (260 calories from protein shakes), I was on a 1,200 calorie a day diet for the first 3 months where I was just on my diet and not doing any lifting
    3. I started weight lifting on my 4th month

Edit:
    Lol I didn't notice the "without much to lose", but anyway here are my stats :) .

• maria0elisa
    Options
    arnold824 wrote: »
    I'm:

I'm a fourth year college student on my last semester and currently undergoing my thesis. I'm loosing at a steady pace of around 1kg/week. I'm an IT student with a passion for 3d animation and vfx even though I'm really terrible at drawing (I can't draw to save my life).

My weight loss routine:
    1. I don't do cardio
    2. 1,400+ calories a day diet (260 calories from protein shakes), I was on a 1,200 calorie a day diet for the first 3 months where I was just on my diet and not doing any lifting

Edit:
    Lol I didn't notice the "without much to lose", but anyway here are my stats :) .

No worries- how are you in your 4th year of college if you're only 19?!?
    It says your profile is deactivated...
  • CamilleNoemi
    CamilleNoemi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi :wink:

Since I started getting fit in the beginning of the semester, so in September, I already lost a bit of weight. My current BMI is about 22.

Hight: 170 cm / 5'6"
    SW: ~ 68 kg / 150 lbs
    CW: 62.6 kg / 138 lbs
    GW: 56 kg / 123 lbs

I want to lose about 7 kg / 15 lbs more, but I'm not too concerned with the numbers. Just want to get between 55 and 58 kg.

My calorie target is about 1400 and I work out 4 to 6 times per week. Depends on how much time I have...
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    Hi :wink:

Since I started getting fit in the beginning of the semester, so in September, I already lost a bit of weight. My current BMI is about 22.

Hight: 170 cm / 5'6"
    SW: ~ 68 kg / 150 lbs
    CW: 62.6 kg / 138 lbs
    GW: 56 kg / 123 lbs

I want to lose about 7 kg / 15 lbs more, but I'm not too concerned with the numbers. Just want to get between 55 and 58 kg.

My calorie target is about 1400 and I work out 4 to 6 times per week. Depends on how much time I have...
    Hey great, I've added you!! where are you from? Your name seems German!
    Yeah good point about the numbers... good way to find people on here but I agree, just how you feel is more important:)
  • arnold824
    arnold824 Posts: 52
    edited December 2014
    Options
    amy0louise wrote: »
    No worries- how are you in your 4th year of college if you're only 19?!?
    It says your profile is deactivated...
    Sadly, the Philippines didn't have a K-12 education back when I was young. I had 6 years in elementary and 4 years in high school. I also started kindergarten at a young age so I got qualified in entering grade 1 early. As for my profile being deactived... Uhmm I dunno that's weird :o

I've made a little table to explain it better :smiley:
    sc76s0y4ws4y.png

• Penny5518
    Penny5518 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a student at the moment, also trying to lose the partying and not exercising weight, ha. I'm going for slow and steady at 0.5lb a week or so with a focus on getting fitter and building some muscle tone.
    SW:134
    CW: 128
    GW: 119
  • AbbieBeckett
    AbbieBeckett Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 23, 5ft3" and 138lbs (uk size 8/10) - heaviness due to muscle weight from lots of exercise in the past. Looking to maintain/lose a little. In the same situation as you guys, would be cool to have some friends on here for some motivation! I'll post pics on my profile I'm just at work at the moment :) Been on MFP for years on and off, it really does help! x
  • maria0elisa
    edited December 2014
    Options
    arnold824 wrote: »
    I'm:

My weight loss routine:
    1. I don't do cardio

Edit:

Sadly, the Philippines didn't have a K-12 education back when I was young. I had 6 years in elementary and 4 years in high school. I also started kindergarten at a young age so I got qualified in entering grade 1 early. As for my profile being deactived... Uhmm I dunno that's weird :o
    haha your table was very thorough! ok cool, well I'm actually a couple years late with graduating cus I've had exchange years etc.. so I'm the last to judge on age ha. You're v lucky to be graduating so young!
    Cool well done on the first 20kg!! will add you.

• maria0elisa
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Penny5518 wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm a student at the moment, also trying to lose the partying and not exercising weight, ha. I'm going for slow and steady at 0.5lb a week or so with a focus on getting fitter and building some muscle tone.
    SW:134
    CW: 128
    GW: 119
    Hey thanks for the add!
    haha yeah my first two student years were an absolute killer!! So hard to combine healthy living and student life.
    Oh great yup I'm also really aiming for 'slow and steady'! :)

• maria0elisa
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 23, 5ft3" and 138lbs (uk size 8/10) - heaviness due to muscle weight from lots of exercise in the past. Looking to maintain/lose a little. In the same situation as you guys, would be cool to have some friends on here for some motivation! I'll post pics on my profile I'm just at work at the moment :) Been on MFP for years on and off, it really does help! x
    Hey thanks for the add:) Great to find someone in their 20s UK-based!
    Yeah I'm also hovering around 8/10- it would be a dream to be an 8 all the time but I guess that might be a little unrealistic for the longer term so would be v happy with a steady 10.
    Cool what exercise did you do?
    Alright great yeah I've just added a few myself for some self-motivation haha;) x
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    Just had a peak at your diary-- seems like we have a pretty similar diet as well! :)
    Glad I'm not the only one logging advent chocolate at the moment haha!!
  • AbbieBeckett
    AbbieBeckett Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just had a peak at your diary-- seems like we have a pretty similar diet as well! :)

Oh God I ate four today to catch up this week and one extra for someone at work who's called in sick hahah oops x
  • maria0elisa
    Options

Oh God I ate four today to catch up this week and one extra for someone at work who's called in sick hahah oops x
    haha meh they're so tiny they probably only add up to one normal square of choc... perfect!

• candacycaesar
    Options
    [
    Hi all!!!

SW - 169
    CW - 159
    GW - 140-145

Hello!! Thanks for the add!!
    Oh yeah I know the feeling-- I'm far too skinny on top but all my weight goes straight to my middle/bum/thighs (but have very narrow hips?! strange, strange body).

I have a real sweet tooth too! I think with sweets even more so than dessert or cakes, because the sugars feel so artificial they really leave you craving more. So they're one of the few things I've tried to avoid completely- I don't trust myself with sweets!
    Totally agree about fruit, I eat so much each day. It's the nice thing noticing your palate change- milk now tastes sweet to me, and fruit is so sweet and juicy! At the moment I'm loving sweet pears and grapes.

Well done on your progress:)
    Oh cool so you're in S America for your year off? What are you doing? Well done on using it to shape up... I had an exchange year last year and I always intended to go running but ended up going out to another party... so you've done much better than me!;)
    Trying to me much more balanced in terms of sleep and a good routine etc now!

Thanks alot, i've really been pushing myself!
    I'm actually here with my husband until he finishes his degree. I live in the USA normally tho so i'm happy to be away for the winter. hahha! I work part-time and do the wifey thing here too but a lot of my focus is on shaping up and catching up on my passions. It's been awesome so far.

I was grounded yesterday (bad baby toe :( ) but I plan to get out running today. I use "runkeeper" app and it's great, if u guys don't use any you should try. I clocked over 100 miles last month and I hope to upkeep it this month...and better my times too!

All the best to you ladies today...in your lives and with your fitness journey!! :D