Please flag the spam !

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    You would think all the trigger happy flaggers would take the opportunity to flag all the spam.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    You would think all the trigger happy flaggers would take the opportunity to flag all the spam.

Ya, go figure :D
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member

They are the new trolls, they never meant to be helpful.

I did not know the five flag rule (and I am a little scared of it due to the trigger happy flaggers), so I usually ignore the obvious spam titles, but will now help clear them.

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,359 Member
    Bump
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    frickin' stupid system - but I still do it

seriously it's not difficult to put spam blockers in place *bangs head against brick wall*
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    We should be able to flag spammer's profile, I must have flagged 5 posts from the same person just now.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    bump
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    sheepotato wrote: »
    We should be able to flag spammer's profile, I must have flagged 5 posts from the same person just now.

I was wondering if flagging the spam in anyway helped identify the spammers? How the F did they get that many posts in so fast, anyway?!?!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    sheepotato wrote: »

I was wondering if flagging the spam in anyway helped identify the spammers? How the F did they get that many posts in so fast, anyway?!?!

Auto bots? They sure are persistent tonight, and hitting a variety of boards not just one.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    As someone else said, I love being the 5th one and watching it disappear into the ethos. So gratifying.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Interesting. Something about how the OP added the picture makes their post impossible to flag.

Spambot makers will be quick to find and exploit that bug.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    I like this option. I will also contribute in removing spam from this forum.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    bump
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    I feel like the spam is computer generated and not someone typing it out. I've skimmed a few before and it seem to just be random words thrown together.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    Bump :)
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    I just happened to be the fifth flagger. I agree with those saying that it is extremely satisfying. :smiley:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    One morning a couple of weeks ago I got on and was the 5th flagger on 10 spam posts. I zapped 10 of them and "poof" they were gone---what satisfaction! I always flag the spammers, and must admit I go "hunting" some days. I would like to mention that I have NEVER flagged a normal post, or responses that I don't like. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and I don't feel right flagging others--even though it's so tempting sometimes. B)
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Ooo I did not know about this feature!! Thanks for the tip!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I just happened to be the fifth flagger. I agree with those saying that it is extremely satisfying. :smiley:

It is super satisfying to be the 5th flagger. I always find being the fourth flagger frustrating, though, especially when I'm on during the off hours when I don't know if anyone else is flagging the spam or not. So close, but not quite deleted.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Being the 5th flagger gives me satisfaction, but I still flag--1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th whatever I find. I know someone else will hit 5 and that makes me happy. I just want the spam gone. >:)