5X5 Workouts.....

Options
2»

Replies

• mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have been doing SL for about 2 months religiously and I really really like it. I have the Android app with the added content that does weight calculator, warm-up sets, backup, and a couple other things. Makes the workout easy since it tells you EXACTLY what you need to do so all you do is focus on the workout.

Like what everyone else you said, you really need a squat/power rack and a place with a barbell.

Also, if your gym does not have 2.5 lb weights, it might be good to invest in those as well. (not sure if someone said that, I might have missed it.)

Hope this helps!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    2.5lb weights are a must to bring with you. Honestly, the cheapest/easiest way would just to be to get a couple of 2.5lb ankle weights that you can velcro onto the bar.

That way, you wouldn't have to worry about having the correct kind of plate for the style of bar.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I think I'd like to get PF as my cardio gym, something about watching the fauna makes the cardio time go by quicker.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Dem cardio bunnies... >:)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Dem cardio bunnies... >:)

WORD!
  • mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    2.5lb weights are a must to bring with you. Honestly, the cheapest/easiest way would just to be to get a couple of 2.5lb ankle weights that you can velcro onto the bar.

That way, you wouldn't have to worry about having the correct kind of plate for the style of bar.

I never thought about the ankle weight thing, that is a super good idea. BOOM, stolen.