Options

Replies

• shawnakelsey
    shawnakelsey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1/2 of a bagel
    1 hared boiled egg
    2 turkey sausage links
    1/2 cup fruit ( what ever I have on hand)
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    During the week: 1 cup of Fage 2% plain greek yogurt with 2 tbs. of Pb2 (the kind with chocolate) mixed in. Only 215 calories and 27 grams of protein! Keeps me full until lunch and I like that it's slightly - but not too - sweet.

On the weekend: 2 pieces of good wheat bread toasted, half an avocado split between them and smashed on top with a sprinkle of salt & pepper, each topped with a poached egg. Great combination of whole-grain carbs, good fats, and protein to get the day started!

Every day: one cup of coffee with some half and half. :smile:
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    During the week:
    - one egg and one egg white on a sandwich thin with 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of smoked gouda
    - 1/3 cup oatmeal cooked in 1cup of unsweetened almond milk (either vanilla or chocolate) with 1 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 tbsp of chia seeds, and one sliced banana

On the weekends, it depends greatly on what we're doing. Often Saturday's breakfast is a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit from Chick-fil-a.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    1300 calories in fat filled coffee. MCT Oil, Coconut oil and heavy whipping cream blended up in my freshly brewed java. bombdotcom!
  • joshuaperson
    Options
    phungpat wrote: »
    rbfdac wrote: »
    During the week-- overnight oats with peanut butter, dried cranberries, and stevia.

Super quick-- slim fast with half a protein bar

Weekend-- three eggs, two pieces of toast, spinach, and laughing cow swiss cheese. mmmmmmm

I had to google overnight oats, hadn't heard of that before. Looks interesting though. Will have to try.

Overnight oats are one of my favorites... so many different ways to make! And so many different flavor combos! :p
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    more often than not its just coffee. if i do feel like eating before mid afternoon then ill have 2 crackers with laughing cow light
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Eggs and sausage are my favorites on the weekends. During the week it's green tea whatever is 170-200 calories.
  • sheepybebe
    sheepybebe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bacon, egg, extra egg whites, mushrooms and tomatoes. keeps me full for hours!
  • joshuaperson
    Options
    made an egg white sandwich with turkey bacon on cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread this AM. too damn good...
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Fruit and salads, eggs in all forms, occasionally smoothies, leftovers, sometimes a Japanese style breakfast meal with salmon, Natto, pickled veggies, toasted nori and rice. So basically everything. :#
  • Braincatcher
    Braincatcher Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Chicken-fried steak and eggs with gravy and hashbrowns with pancakes on the side. And this is why I'm trying to lose weight ;)
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    cottage cheese + apple butter + vanilla whey protein isolate
    or
    greek yogurt + raspberries + vanilla whey protein isolate
    or
    2 eggs + 2 egg whites + 1 oz cheese (omlette) + chi chi's salsa + banana
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been a fried whole egg with gouda on wheat, but I just got my blood work back and my ldl cholesterol was 105 (supposed to be <100). So I'm cutting back on the eggs for a while. May do egg whites only eventually.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    AprilJ10 wrote: »
    low fat yogurt! With Flax Seeds mixed in, ground up flax seeds

Love this!!! It gets a bit tiring so I have to mix it up a bit but it's delicious. The flax gets all gelatinous :smile:

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal for breakfast typically. Special K Red Berries is my favorite. I used to eat it with skim milk, but now I've become addicted to Almond Milk! Half the calories and sooo delicious.

Sometimes a slice of toast with a tablespoon of coconut oil and some salt. Yes, sodium isn't good...but I love my salt dang it! Plus it gives the coconut oil more of a buttery, delicious taste. I try to eat whole wheat or whole grain, higher fiber breads.

I've been trying to add more fruits to my breakfast as well. An apple, banana or cup of diced pineapple.

And then there's coffee of course! At least a cup...or two...or three :) With flavored creamer...it's my guilty pleasure.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I am a breakfast diva.
    wqa37y8y7dv0.jpg
    This is savory. A single serving frittata pocketed with carrot and onion, a little hot sauce, and a couple walnuts.

This morning I had my new fave, Red River cereal enriched with powdered milk, raisins, and a dollop of greek yogurt.

Wow, looks beautiful and nutritious!
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter toast and 4 cups of coffee, or instant oatmeal if I'm feeling especially lazy.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter toast and 4 cups of coffee, or instant oatmeal if I'm feeling especially lazy.

4 cups of coffee, holy caffeine! :smile:

• s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Lately I havent been sleeping so my breakfast has been whatever I can grab at the Tim hortons in my office building. Also all teh coffee I can find.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Muesli with Soy Milk :P
    Bread + nutella or jam.

Occasionally, when I feel like a really hearty breakfast, bacon + eggs or turkey breakfast sausage. Which I however make with turkey breast as turkey ground meat does not exist here.