Easy at home exercises

Options
I don't have a lot of time or room to exercise but want to do something! Any tips?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has some great, short videos. Otherwise, do some bodyweight stuff while watching your favorite show:
    Squats
    Push ups
    Crunches
    Planks
    Lunges
    Burpees
    Jumping jacks
    Mountain climbers
    Calf raises
    Dips
    High knees
    Lateral lunges, etc.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What are your goals? What's your ability?

burpees, jumping rope, pushups, dips, pull-ups planks, wall-sits... body weight exercises (look up convict conditioning and Your are Your Own Gym). There are tons of options. Add a set of adjustable dumbbells or resistance bands to increase the difficulty.
  • cdenae79
    cdenae79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can't do burpees or jumping jacks. Have a bum ankle.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Look up videos on youtube. I only work out at home. I do zumba and fitness blender videos. Fitnessblender has a lot of low impact stuff.
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs for when I need something low-impact and easy. I can actually still break a sweat with the three or four-mile ones if you're looking for more of a challenge.
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    We use You Are Your Own Gym. We like it. We've used it for 25 weeks now.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    cdenae79 wrote: »
    Can't do burpees or jumping jacks. Have a bum ankle.

To get the heart rate up, you could try modified burpees and mountain climbers (step out instead of jump), modified high knees (don't bounce or jump, just bring them up and fast), get-ups, and high kicks (front, back, and side). Once you feel ok with them, do them faster. Try those in between squats, lunges etc.

You might also add glute bridges or hip thrusts for glute/hamstring strength, and could add step-downs or step-ups as well for another quad/hamstring option.
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    JenMc14 wrote: »
    Fitnessblender.com has some great, short videos. Otherwise, do some bodyweight stuff while watching your favorite show:
    Squats
    Push ups
    Crunches
    Planks
    Lunges
    Burpees
    Jumping jacks
    Mountain climbers
    Calf raises
    Dips
    High knees
    Lateral lunges, etc.

I use fitness blender as well is great!

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    cdenae79 wrote: »
    I don't have a lot of time or room to exercise but want to do something! Any tips?

I've got this 40lb set of adjustable dumbbells at home that I use when I don't feel like going out to work out. Doesn't take up much space, I can get in a workout pretty easily and strength work is great for you.

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    JenMc14 wrote: »
    Squats
    Push ups
    Crunches
    Planks
    Lunges
    Burpees
    Jumping jacks
    Mountain climbers
    Calf raises
    Dips
    High knees
    Lateral lunges, etc.

I use fitness blender as well is great!

Me too. And I do the stuff above if I can't get to the gym.
  • I love You Are Your Own Gym. Mark Lauren also has an app for the iphone (or possibly android but I don't own one so I don't know) that includes videos and will walk you through each stage of his program.

There is also a book geared towards women (Body By You) but I ended up going with You Are Your Own Gym because of the app. It is fantastic. There is supposed to be an app coming out for BBY and I may buy it and using that program next.