treadmill questions

Options
2»

Replies

• mrscronkhite
    Options
    I wish I wasn't such a baby about the cold because I'd much rather be outside. I know my shoes are the majority of the problem. I will also try the compression socks...thank you!!
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey, so yesterday I tried doing my run on a very small incline as suggested above. It really helped. Just one try, but I'll keep it up. No pain even in the first mile....
    I wish I wasn't such a baby about the cold because I'd much rather be outside. I know my shoes are the majority of the problem. I will also try the compression socks...thank you!!

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    This threads serves as a resounding confirmation of my decision to not run on treadmills. I will run in sub-zero weather in a howling wind before I take my chances on the mill....

Cold I can deal with. Snow and ice, not so much. So sometimes it's a treadmill, even though it makes my hamstrings hurt, for some reason.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    This threads serves as a resounding confirmation of my decision to not run on treadmills. I will run in sub-zero weather in a howling wind before I take my chances on the mill....

Cold I can deal with. Snow and ice, not so much. So sometimes it's a treadmill, even though it makes my hamstrings hurt, for some reason.

Yeah when there's a foot of snow and no one has shoveled their sidewalks, it's a little daunting. I ran in the snow for the first time last year. It's really weird to run in spikes.