Not loosing weight on 1200cal

Options
i eat 1200-1300 calories a day and im not loosing weight :(
i go for a 20-40 minute run everyday, know thats not very much but i'm very active throughout the day with my job.
i weigh 115, 5"3 with a bmi of 20.4 and ive been at this weight for over 2 months :(
i know i don't need to loose the weight but id like to get to at least 105
does anyone know why im not loosing weight? :/

Replies

• harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Because you are eating too little - it may seem like a contraindication, but it happens. Also, consult a physician regarding whether it is safe for you to reach your goal weight and maintain it
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    also, lose* not loose
  • coleymfp
    Options
    Because you are eating too little - it may seem like a contraindication, but it happens. Also, consult a physician regarding whether it is safe for you to reach your goal weight and maintain it
    hmm thats interesting! thank you :)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    My question: why do you want to lose weight?
    You are right at the lower end of healthy weight for your height now, with a BMI of 20.4.

Maybe 105 is not a healthy goal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

If she were eating too little, she would still be losing weight.

OP, you're already at a healthy weight, so why would you need to lose?
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    coleymfp wrote: »
    i eat 1200-1300 calories a day and im not loosing weight :(
    i go for a 20-40 minute run everyday, know thats not very much but i'm very active throughout the day with my job.
    i weigh 115, 5"3 with a bmi of 20.4 and ive been at this weight for over 2 months :(
    i know i don't need to loose the weight but id like to get to at least 105
    does anyone know why im not loosing weight? :/

You've probably reached the lowest healthy weight you can get to. To lose any more weight you'd need to eat less and that would be very risky. There's no benefit to losing any more, so why would you want to?
  • coleymfp
    Options
    i still feel a little podgy i suppose
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    coleymfp wrote: »
    i still feel a little podgy i suppose
    Lifting weights can help with that, without actually needing to loose more weight.

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I feel body re composition is where you should be heading ...start looking at a strength training program. You'd be amazed at the type of results you can get.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    maasha81 wrote: »
    I feel body re composition is where you should be heading ...start looking at a strength training program. You'd be amazed at the type of results you can get.

This^ You're already at the ideal weight, start lifting.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options

Yes....it definitely sounds like a contradiction. And here i always thought if you ate less you lost weight. How wrong i was
  • adnaram
    adnaram Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with a few other posters. you don't have more weight to loose, you need to turn the weight you have into muscle. That will give you the lean firm body you're looking for.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    oiy vey - does nobody get my tactic here??
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

I am hearing you loud and clear--don't go below 1200, and speak to a doctor.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Abby2205 wrote: »

I am hearing you loud and clear--don't go below 1200, and speak to a doctor.

I agree with you both. Eat more food. Food is fuel for exercise. If you are running 20 minutes a day (140 minutes a week), you should be eating more like 1,700 cals. a day. If your job is active, you may need to eat even more. Check out Scooby's Workshop to help you understand that you need to eat more to be healthy:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

No. If this were the case, starving children in Africa and anorexics would be overweight.