3) Cereal or oatmeal
    4) Tuna and plain Greek yogurt
    5) Tomato, avocado, and fresh Mozz cheese salad with balsamic vinegar
    6) Homemade pizza on an English Muffin with store bought sauce
    7) Smart Ones
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Flash frozen fish poaches wonderfully right in the plastic pouch. Just simmer (probably 10 minutes, though I judge by touch). I poach 4 or 5 salmon fillets and have most of my meals for the week.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I like to make brown rice and cook tuna steaks in the same microwave bowl as the rice. Basically, it is a poached fish with brown rice. It takes about 21 minutes. I also put Parmesan cheese and salad dressing on it. I know it is a little weird but it works for me. I also love to cook stuffed salmon. Sam's Club stuffed salmon is very good. In addition, I love to cook angel hair pasta and when it is done I pour Campbells Chunky New England Calm Chowder on it along with Parmesan cheese on it. I know that I have some weird tastes in food but I try to eat as healthy as possible. I avoid red meat, fried food, Pizza Hut, and fast food. I have not had fast food in over three years.
  • IKnowStuff2
    IKnowStuff2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian black bean soup: 1and 1/2 cups water, 1 vegetarian bullion cube, 1 can black beans, smash about half of them after they're in the kettle with a fork or something, about 1 cup of salsa, (I like hot) put it in a kettle and heat it till it's hot and the cube has dissolved. It's quite good and real easy takes about 15 minutes total. Sometimes I add extra onion cause I like it. You can put some shredded cheese or sour cream on top but it isn't necessary .
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen fish fillets and bake them with some frozen veggies. Just season them to your liking, pop them in the oven for 20 minutes, boom, done. Fish is great for you, and I usually make it with (frozen) green beans, carrots, and potatoes.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Baked potatoes with whatever you like on them,fr veggies,fr veggies in sauce. Thin cream of mushroom soup to use for gravy.
    Have breakfast for dinner,.....what ever sounds good.

Dr up a can of soup,adding veggies etc.make soup in slow cooker. It will be good for any meal.veggie broth,all the Fr veggies you like except broccoli ( looks yucky after a day or two).Lots of seasoning. Can serve over rice,pasta etc.

There's a machine that makes a breakfast sandwich in 10 mins or so. All you do is load it with english muffin,egg,cheese & done.you can find the machine in Walmart or any store selling kitchen appliances.
  • tmorm
    tmorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This takes me 10 minutes, and is fine on it's own, or with any meat/fish/chicken mixed in, or on the side. This makes enough for about 12 people, if you want a smaller yield, then just halve the ingredients.

Also, you can add any veges you like.

CousCous Vege Salad

1 x cup of wholemeal couscous (cooked)
    1 x green bell pepper
    1/2 x red onion
    6-8 x button mushrooms
    100g reduced fat feta cheese
    Handful of chopped parsley

Dressing
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    lemon juice (from 2-3 lemons)
    sea salt
    pepper

Chop all veges and feta cheese into small cubes. Place into bowl with couscous and parsley.

Pour olive oil and lemon juice into a cup, with 3-4 good twists each of ground sea salt and ground pepper. Whisk with a fork.

Stir the dressing through the bowl of couscous, veges and feta. Done!
  • tmorm
    tmorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ^ Also, all the veges used are raw
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Some fantastic ideas Ive copied and pasted for later. Thanks all !
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    So, what's your favorite meal (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner) that involves minimal cooking and time?

Rice, lentils, frozen vegetables. Basically equivalent to boiling water.

• bswith22
    bswith22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Frozen veggie burgers- just heat up and you're good
    1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese and 1 cup of tomato soup (from a box)
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    High protein Cereal and milk.

just me?

Okay...
  • rdbartle1958
    Options
    I do quick and easy picante chicken. Combine boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs), picante sauce, just a spoonful or two of brown sugar and mustard, a cup of rice (white or brown) and bake at 400 for about 20 to 25 minutes. One of my family's favorites.
  • ernielaurie
    Options
    no yolk noodles and cottage cheese!!! it's my go to supper!
  • LovingMe0587
    LovingMe0587 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Eggs and oatmeal are the quickest meals for me to make for breakfast. A lot of times I eat the instant oatmeal packets.

For lunch or dinner the easiest meal for me is rotisserie chicken w/ veggies on the side. I buy the already made rotisserie chicken from a grocery store (Giant, Safeway, Walmart, etc.). I stock up on a lot of frozen vegetables. My favorite is broccoli. I either boil it or saute' it to my liking. Warm the rotisserie chicken up and I have a meal of protein and veggies. Takes no longer than 10 minutes at the most.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm all about making meals that are quick and easy; there's nothing I hate more than spending my evening in the kitchen after working all day.

Frittatas are practically foolproof and there's very little prep.
    Spaghetti with some frozen meatballs heated in a jar of sauce
    Baked parmesan chicken tenders; just dredge in milk/egg and coat in a mixture of bread crumbs and parm. Bake for 20-25 min at 400; add some steam-in-the-bag veg and oven fries and you're done.
    Grilled cheese and tomato soup; this is a classic combo for a reason. Yum.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I take raw eggs, whisk them, pour them into a muffin tin, add chopped up veggies and shredded cheese, and ham or bacon sometimes, cook them in the oven, then freeze. They're great to just grab, throw in the microwave, and eat while you're running out the door. I'm pretty sure there are recipes for this online.

I do this all the time (well, not the freezing part) - Takes less than 5 minutes to make a "omelet in a cup" using the microwave this way.

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    jself325 wrote: »
    a few Roma tomatoes;
    small mozzarella balls ("pearls");
    half or whole avocado, however hungry you are.

cut up the tomatoes and avocado, throw it all on a plate and drizzle olive oil and balsamic glaze on it... Maybe some sea salt.

This sounds amazing. thanks!!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Canned black beans, canned or frozen corn, chopped onion,sliced jalapeño or bell and fresh cilantro if you have it. Add sriacha and heat it up and garnish with some avo. You can eat it in a bowl or in a wrap.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just cooked a bag of brown lentils and although I am using them to stretch a pound of ground turkey, you can use them instead of ground meat in tacos, quesadillas, burritos, sloppy joes, burgers, etc. You don't have to presoak them, and they made ALOT when cooked. You can freeze the leftovers in separate portions to use when you want them again.